Awoo.

goku262002

It was really good, especially the bump in animation and such. Can't wait to see the next episode....in like a month D:

Downloading, and I'll give my review when I get off work. SOOOOOO EXCITED!

So I saw the leaked episode.

What can I say? I was more than impressed... It was epic! I'd say I like it better than the first series, but i'll wait for more episodes before making my decision.

So it seems that the first series focused on war and genocide with the villians, it looks like this season will be focusing on terrorists and discrimination. And the big bad is actually pretty intimidating... It helps that he has Steve Blum (I think?) as his voice.

The humor actually gave me a good chuckle a few times. One notable one is an elderly Katara about to reveal what happened with Zuko's mother, only to be interrupted by one of her grandchildren... Oh Mike and Bryan, you guys just love to troll your fans don't you? :P

tumblr_lzpiw4hL1d1qg2upr.png

That was beautiful. I'm soooo fucking hyped for this series now. I need episode 2 NOW!

So much awesome; literally a minute in and I fell in love with Korra, she's such a fun character and the complete opposite of Aang.

Tenzin is also cool in a comically serious sort of way, and he's voiced by Cave Johnson so there's that. He seems like a much more serious Aang.

Toph's daughter seems like a hardass, but I'm sure she'll lighten up eventually, although she was justified in arresting Korra, hero or not, property damage is still property damage.

I love how they faked out the fate of Zuko's mother, makes you wonder if we'll ever find out.

and FUCK. YEAH. Amon is voiced by Steve Blum all of my love.

I'm gonna like this series.

The promise is supposed to reveal the fate of Zuko's mother. just waiting on more issues now...

Steve Blum voicing Amon? Oh wow, they did us even better service. His voice just graces any character he plays.

I like how this show is much more serious minded in its pilot and yet it still manages to keep it's humor. They definitely didn't let us down there. April 14 is just around the corner!

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok all i'm getting is a blank screen.

Here, thanks 4chan!

www.sendspace.com/file/krtjfl

Oh and for the dolts who click on anything that says download, CLICK ON THE "Click here to start download from sendspace" TAB!

Thanks for the link, I downloaded it and watched it yesterday. So far I'm liking it.

Something about the first 2 episodes....

My body and soul are ready to be blown away!

Get it while it's hot (US only, though):

http://www.korranation.com/

Both of the first episodes are available now, no clue as to how long. Downloads will likely be available soon for you non-US residents.

Edited by goku262002

But when the series ended fans everywhere had one question:

What happened to Zuko's mom?

Seriously though I think the show looks great so far. The animation looks excellent and judging by both the episodes and the trailers, the tone is will be alot darker and more realistic than the first one, which is only a good thing. I also can't wait to see more of Amon.

Edited by Seab

I thought the first episode had too much going on. Rewatching it I think I was just tired and jaded. Both Episodes have so much stuff crammed into them. They literally waste zero time. I appreciate that now that I got used to the flow. I thought it was just establishing things waaaay to fast, but it seems to be handled very well.

The show is gorgeous as well. Watching it via the stream in HD is marvelous. I love everyone so far. Tenzin and his kids stole the show. Brolin and Mako were exactly how I imagined them though I sense the storm of triangle shipping already. If you think Zutara was bad....

Also. Dat art. Dem faces. Dat animation. Dat everything.

Episode 2...............

When she started moving like an airbender during the tournament I was like.....OMG. She's learning the style! And Tenzin is a good character in general. But his kids are the sokka of the series. Can't go wrong with a little comedy. And I love the more serious tone this season/series has compared to the first. I know Aang's season can get very serious but I like how they are handling it now. I just they would show more of her element training. Earth and water.

I just they would show more of her element training. Earth and water.

There's little need to see her train in Earthbending and Waterbending; she's already mastered them before the series started. With Aang, the emphasis on the element mastering was significant, as he had a time limit to master elements he had never even tried to practice on before Ozai carved the Earth in his image with a Firebending-wedge. Korra's conflict, on the other hand, stems from her personality opposing the natural mood of Airbending, and the looming threat of a non-bending vs. bending war; taking time to go over Waterbending or Earthbending, or Firebending, principles for a good portion of an episode would be out of place in the scheme of things right now.

I'm probably alone in this but my favorite part of the episode is actually that 15-second scene of the previous Avatars. It's just so awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.nick.com/...?xid=5KOR_LOKTu

Nick has an interactive fangame that provides the background for the series. It includes locales such as Aang's statue, Air Temple Island, and more.

And if the game is anything to go by, Katara might make periodical appearances in the series, to check up on Korra. So at least Katara won't be restricted to just the first episode.

And the group of non-airbending residents of Air Temple Island, including Pema, are called the Air Acolytes.

Edited by Modern Tom

...I sense a shipping war in the making.

Took you long enough...:P

...I sense a shipping war in the making.

Technically that the shipping wars went to submarine battles as Zukara has already been sunk, but they never died. Almost as bad as Aerith v. Tifa except when you add in that one of them is dead.