Awoo.

goku262002

Korra is quite masculine :lol:

Is this supposed to discourage me?

Lightning from FF13 is Cloud with a vagina.

Til this day, I think Toph is absolutely gorgeous for a ten year old girl.

Azula and Mae were amazing.

Tough girls are sexy.

Right, I'll get on the merge ask thing. But since when was it a full-blown series? It was confirmed awhile ago to be a miniseries with twelve episodes, unless it's once again back to being a full series.

Get on it before this topic gets too big. mods wont do it if it gets over a certain limit.

from what i heard they want to start with 12 and see where it goes from there.

Anyways...

funny-celebrity-pictures-id-hit-that.jpg

You know, as crazy hawt as her final design is, I'm not really sure that George Takei would hit that.

:lol:

Also:

Lightning from FF13 is Cloud with a vagina.

Wouldn't Cloud with a vagina be... Cloud?

*runs*

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

You know, as crazy hawt as her final design is, I'm not really sure that George Takei would hit that.

:lol:

He would totally go straight for her.

EDIT: Cloud is not emo, dammit!

Edited by turbojet

We have been looking at this girl's back for a better part of a year and could you believe how many folk's have been eyeing her and when they see her face, they get mad? What the fuck. It is like going to a club and looking at a girl's slightly exposed back and as soon as her face is shown, they act like it is a travesty. This is ridiculous and absurd. It is like we concocted what we thought this chick's face would look like and then we she turns around, we act like Charlie Sheen. Could you believe the gull of these assholes.

Well, it's the internet. You know bullshit runs rampant online, that should be expected from almost any series.

He would totally go straight for her.

I know I would. The perks of being a female Avatar's husband. If someone screws me over, may God have mercy on their soul because this one will likely kill them. :lol:

EDIT: Cloud is not emo, dammit!

He also wasn't a total bitch most of the time and was a bit more insecure by comparison than Lightning.

Now that much you can't deny. That doesn't make Lightning less cool tho.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

EEEEEEEEE!!!! :D

I can't wait for the new series! I just really hope this new series answers questions left at the end of the original, like what happened to Zuko's mom and what actually happened to Fire Lord Ozai after defeat.

Probably the only one who wouldn't hit that. Not that she's ugly but she's just not the type that tickles my stylus. That and she looks like a Katara/Aang love child.

Probably the only one who wouldn't hit that. Not that she's ugly but she's just not the type that tickles my stylus. That and she looks like a Katara/Aang love child.

People are actually excited(At least on another forum I go) that she looks like she doesn't fit the stereotypical girl.

Anyways, yeah I'd hit it too. Wouldn't it be amazing if she had Toph's personality?

People are actually excited(At least on another forum I go) that she looks like she doesn't fit the stereotypical girl.

The series had already tended to avoid giving females Most Common Superpower so I see it as no surprise.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even though she's the reincarnation of Aang, doesn't she look a little like Katara, or it just me? :huh:

Not sure what I think about the rest. I would've rather seen a direct follow up to the show. Didn't Zuko want to look for his mom at the end? I would've like seeing that.

Agreed.

I loved the Avatar series completely except for the ending. The ending felt so lacking, after all the great bending we'd seen throughout the whole series the end fight was severly underwhelming, then to top it off the series ends so abruptly it is annoying. We get no closure! Aang and Katara kiss, but that's it. No extension on that after a whole series of waiting for that moment!? We never get to see Toph reunited with her family!? Zuko ruling the fire nation and resolving what happened to his mother!? Katara and Sokka returning home to a proud Gran-Gran and where the series began!? None of the minor characters that the group have met over the series or the general public in the aftermath of the peace the Avatar tried to bring all series, just a scene in Ba Sing Se and that's it!? The F@#$ is that shit!?

That is why when I heard there would be a new series I was hoping we'd get to see something that made up for that lacking ending of an otherwise epic series, however I am weary about this. For one this "Korra" pretty much just sounds and even looks like Katara. And two I loved the style of the Avatar series, if they're going for a more modern look perhaps using guns and less bending as it seems like antibending thoughts are arising then it won't feel like the same series.

And then there is the fact that the series could just ruin all that it is accociated with by being crap.I think the guys who made the original really hit a great idea with Avatar, however changing that formula could be a real risk. Sure it could work out fine and to strike gold you've gotta make some bold decisions, but just consider this; these are the guys who thought it'd be a good idea to let M.Night.Shyamalan (or however you spell his dick name) direct their series into a movie.......... yeah. Doesn't fill me with confidence that they'll make the right decisions and strike gold twice and make a hit with this follow up series.

Edited by The-Master-Board

I don't see why everyone thinks Korra is similar to Katara. Their body and face structure varies significantly. Korra has way more muscle mass, and trades in the hair-loopies for tubes. Appearance-wise, the only similarity the two have going for them is that they share a nationality... and that's about it.

As far as personality goes, Korra and Katara again differ. According to this interview, Korra's extremely tough stuff, whereas Katara is more emotional. Korra is quick to fight, while Katara must have someone close to her hurt, be suffering from sleep deprivation, or be otherwise provoked before she takes action. I see more of a parallel between Kyoshi and Korra than I do Katara and Korra.

'Sides, better independant gal than a OMG i'm leik so pretty gal. I'm looking at you, Totally Spies.

Totally spies, a different creepy fetish in every episode!

And we finally see Korra's face...some of the works on DeviantArt were surprisingly very accurate.

It's not really surprising considering that there only seems to be three or so of each facial feature to go around in this universe.

Remember on Late Night with Conan 'O Brian how they would have mashups of people on the show to factitiously depict what a kid of theirs would look like? It looks like they did that here.

As for what's her face herself, I read the synopsis of her personality and all I hear is

As for what's her face herself, I read the synopsis of her personality and all I hear is

If she actually says that, then kudos to you, sir.

I know I would. The perks of being a female Avatar's husband. If someone screws me over, may God have mercy on their soul because this one will likely kill them.

I know I would.

... :huh:

... :huh:

¿Qué pasa?

What's wrong with what I said?

• 4 months later...

Mega bump!

OH. HELL. YES. Comic con trailer. Animation looks superb. Korra looks like she can take and dish out the hurt. The theme is described as steam punk meets early 20s jazz china. Awesome.

The holy shit comic con panel dump! Concept Art, news, names, all sorts of crap I'm not going to bother posting.

http://avatarthelast...rra-panel-news/

Every tidbit is great. The new gAang, Sons and daughters of previous characters, more airbenders in Tenzin's kids, metal bending police, polar bear dog, the bad guys, the works.

Edited by Tiller
  • Thumbs Up 2

Man, I'd almost forgotten about this show. That's never going to happen again.

Seriously, the animation's beautiful, the setting's great and the plot looks interesting. I'm not sold on the characters yet, but I'm sure that's just a matter of seeing them in action. Otherwise, I'm pumped and a half.

My fistpump just broke the sound barrier.

And broke my fucking awesome-meter, asshole...

Seriously, this show is killing me on the wait. And I'm kinda sad that they're only doing 26 episodes, but man those will be epic without a doubt. This has earned a hallmark as being a masterpiece in animation, as if it wasn't one already.

I can't wait for it's artbook whenever they get around to one.

This show is looking pretty sweet. And is it set in the modern day? cause I saw a pretty modern looking city in the trailer.

High Quality:

Looks great. I still need to buy the original series on DVD. Unless they release them on Blu-Ray anytime soon.

• Thumbs Up 2

So now the name Avatar is dropped from the series? its now just "The last Airbender"?! thats stupid i hate james cameron for ever causing all this trouble.

So now the name Avatar is dropped from the series? its now just "The last Airbender"?! thats stupid i hate james cameron for ever causing all this trouble.

Wait, I can understand the movie, but now the series? Ugh.