Awoo.

goku262002

Spoilers for Episode 3&4 and the comic "The Rift - Part 1"

You know, I don't think Toph would like Zao-Fu. The city locks everyone inside at night. Su-Yin herself seems very overprotective of her children like Toph's own parents were. On the other hand, her opinion on the Earth Queen seems very in line with Toph's attitude in the current comic.

Do we know who is older between Lin and Su-Yin? I think Satoru from The Rift could be Su-Yin's dad. Her hair kind of reminds me of his and Toph seems to have a thing for him in the comic.

• 10 months later...

Vaguely related to Korra because the following bits are based on that awful live-action adaptation of the first series, but here's what M. Night Shyamalan(adingdong) had to say in defense of his film:

"It's really weird because on the show the average age was, like, nine-years-old, my child was nine-years-old. You could make [The Last Airbender] one of two ways: You could make it for that same audience, which is what I did -- for nine and 10-year-olds -- or you could do the Transformers version and have Megan Fox. I didn't do that. That would have felt like, 'Well, I'm going to make a movie about a kids show that my 10-year-old is watching and not make it for her. I make it for my guy friends.' That felt like a betrayal of the innocence of the piece. In retrospect, is it too young to go out -- it's like what your intention is versus what they want it to be. Clearly, 10-year-olds -- I go out and 10-year-olds are like, 'That's my favorite show! I love that movie!' Parents come up to me and go, 'They've watched The Last Airbender 74 times!' Those kids, it's for them. It was for them, to talk about mysticism and Eastern philosophies through a 10-year-old's vernacular. So, you know, these are business propositions, which have very little interest to me, of like, 'Hey, the business proposition is to get Megan Fox to be...' You know, 'You should age it 'til it's that.' That wasn't the source material, you know what I mean? Whereas, also, like a Transformers, it's really fascinating, because it's valid for Transformers. You know why it's valid? Because it's the little boys that were playing with them are grown up now. They're the ones who wanted to see Megan Fox. That's absolutely appropriate, you know what I mean?"

Oh yes, because the original show your half-assed adaptation was made from didn't appeal to adults as well as it did for children. Oh no, it did not.

What a crock of shit, no wonder his films have been bombing harder than a misfired airstrike if this (animation) age ghetto mentality (among other weak viewpoints/mentalities) is how he produces his films.

He's truly one of the world's greatest logic-benders.

I'd like to him logic-bend his way of defending his recent box-office duds like Devil and After Earth.

I just realized we lost everything about the finale and our reactions to it....

I just realized we lost everything about the finale and our reactions to it....

???

Also  I recall shamalasafgh saying that there was a lot of interference with the movie's production

• 1 month later...

Welp!

Well, this is cool. but are they gonna dance around Korra's relationship with Asami or, since its a comic and not a TV series, they can be alittle more upfront and real about it?

They better NOT fucking mess up the Korrasami love with this. No more break-ups and love triangles, at least with Korra and Asami - we were sick of that shit since Season 2 (arguably Season 1, when we saw this shit coming a mile away) and that'll ruin the progress of the first LGBT couple in a kids cartoon.

I hope there's a mandate to keep that permanent.

And I want to see Korra and Asami bonk each other's brains out

EDIT: *notices who the writer is* Ya know what? Forget what I said. There's nothing to worry about with Korrasami! :)

Still wonder how many KorraxMako fans are still sinking with their ship? Man Mako might as well turn gay at this point with how much he stinks at relationships. Heck he had more chemistry with Prince Wu than he ever did with Korra.

*sigh* I just don't know how this will go over since so far Korra shipping a have left me on the sour side with how poorly they've been handled. Even you have to admit Korra and Asami could have been handled better too since before the server wipe I stated that I felt that they just weren't straight forward enough and it felt like they just slapped on the gay couple label for the fans.

All I ask for is good relationship development.

It kinda saddens me that this show is only really going to be remembered for the shipping and none of the content of the show itself.

• Thumbs Up 2

It kinda saddens me that this show is only really going to be remembered for the shipping and none of the content of the show itself.

Yeah this is what bothers me as well and personally I thought romance was pretty much the weakest thing part of the show

Im still mad that it wasn't Bolin and Assumi 

On one hand, unlike with The Last Airbender, I'm not super interested in seeing Korra's future adventures, I thought it wrapped up nicely, but on the other hand, at least maybe now the whole KorraxAsami romance can be made to feel like an actual thing instead of an asspull.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah hopefully they'll focus on the relationship, cause as much as fans screamed for it to happen, we really didn't get any indication, so it felt like a WTF moment for me, granted this has my support more than freaking Mako, seriously, he should just turn gay or something cause he just ain't good with the ladies.

I remember I used to love this show. I lost interest for some reason though. Perhaps I should give it another chance.

• 1 year later...

Ancient bump.

Legend of Korra is getting a continuation via graphic novels, just like the original A:TLA. Korrasami and exploitation of the spirit world is a focus.

The Legend of Korra

Posted October 4 2016 — 4:04 PM EDT

The Legend of Korra wrapped up back in 2014, but that doesn’t mean the end of the line for Korra, Asami, and the other heroes of Republic City.

Korra’s predecessor, Avatar: The Last Airbender, has continued its story in graphic novels, and now Korra is poised to do the same with a three-part graphic novel series from Dark Horse called Turf Wars. The first installment is due out June 2017 from series co-creator Michael DiMartino and artist Irene Koh (with feedback from the series’ other co-creator, Bryan Konietzko). 

The Legend of Korra famously ended with a romantic pairing between its two female leads. Turf Wars is set to pick up right where the series left off, as Korra and Asami return from the spirit world to find Republic City in disarray. The new spirit portal has caused no end of chaos, as a pompous developer plans to turn it into an amusement park and the triads reunite just in time to cause trouble for the city’s many evacuees. 

“Korra has to figure out how to find a new balance in the city with all this stuff that’s gone on,” DiMartino recently told EW. “It’s gonna take place right after the finale, so it’s focusing on Korra and Asami’s relationship as a new threat emerges. It’s kind of like the aftermath dealing with the new portal in the city, and all the evacuees coming back to find their homes wiped out cause of the portal.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/04/legend-korra-turf-wars-graphic-novel?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/04/legend-korra-turf-wars-graphic-novel?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh man, sounds like Eggman's not content with crossing over into the Mario and LEGO realities. 

• Thumbs Up 3

We already knew that LoK would get a graphic novel earlier tho, but I'm glad to know they're giving us info on it after a long period of silence.

Love how as soon as they get back, shit starts going to hell.

And like I said earlier, they better NOT, I repeat NOT, screw over KorraSami. That was a crack pairing I never thought I'd jump onto, but now that I have, there's gonna be hell to pay. But given those involved, it's nothing to worry about, now is it? :lol:

• Thumbs Up 2

• 9 months later...

Wat!!!! WAT DA FUQ!!!

I just found out now!!!

A shame I can't get it until August (damn Amazon preorders, sometimes it just doesn't work) but hey, at least I get the Legend of Korra colouring book next week.

Turf War Part 1 was a great read!  Part 2 can't come fast enough!