Awoo.

GamePro Preview

Blue Blood

Awesome footage, those must be some of the areas not seen in the E3 demo that we got a look at in the recent trailer. Game's looking very polished.

Oh god.

There are so many multiple paths. I mean, before I thought it was just one or two crossroads per act, but you can change where you want to go at almost any point it seems. It's slower and more open than all of the Unleashed levels combined excluding Eggmanland.

It's... beautiful.

Someone hold me.

• Thumbs Up 1

There was a lot of stuff we haven't seen right?

Puuh, this took a while, but I translated it:

After the disappointing Sonic Unleashed, SEGA once again tries with a high-speed 3D Sonic. But, this time without bothersome Werehog stages. The "Sonic Solors" titled game is being released exclusively for Wii and looks phenomenal, as you can see in these impressions of the first level. Once again it proves that there's a lot more in the Wii than muddy textures and "casual" simple graphics. Plus "Sonic Colors" runs unbelievably fast on the screen.

Similar to Sonic's 2D adventures, you speed through set sections that are full of junctions and secret areas. Most of the time, you'll see Sonic from behind while you're speeding through the tracks. Time and again the perspective switches to the side perspective and your blue runner becomes tiny. Like this "Sonic Colors" plays almost like the classic 2D adventures. At least shortly, because the perspective usually switches fairly quickly back to the familiar "Hedgehog From Behind".

As you can see, "Sonic Colors" is very colorful. but what does the reference to colors in the title mean? For that let's see the World Map first. This is an overview of Dr.Eggman's Interplanetary amusement park. The villain has converted the planets into attractions and it's up to Sonic to free these planets. But, that still doesn't explain the game's title. Time and again Sonic encounters small, alien beings that are imprisoned in capsules. If he frees them, he can use the powers of the blue or yellow creatures for a short time.

All that is done by a small waggle of the Wii Remote. If you have an alien, you just have to shake the controller to, in the case of the yellow alien, dig through the earth. The blue alien, on the other hand gives you a laser. Of course there are more colors in the final game to be found, but in our preview version, only the blue and yellow ones were implemented.

Overall, with "Sonic Colors" there finally seems to be a decent 3D game with the sneakered hedgehog in the making. We, at least, can not wait to play this Wii gem in its finished version.

Also, I love the music. Tropical Resort sounds fantastic. And I loved the part at 2:00. I was expecting the levels to all be like Unleashed's just going straight forward, but that part gives me huge hopes.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 6

Has anyone noticed at 1:05 those iron things on the ground with holes in them(spikes??). Possibility this game is gonna be more challenging in the final build which is all good for me :D

Never mind, I noticed they come out after running past them.

Edited by Jaouad

Puuh, this took a while, but I translated it:

Thanks for that. C:

Well it looks and sounds amazing, kinda makes me wonder what it would look like on a more powerful console :P

Edited by john!

It's been said many times, but I still have to say it, this game looks very nice graphically, and looks like it'll be very polished. Though all the polish in the world won't save the game if it's a cakewalk, which I'm afraid it might be. The difficulty might ramp up in later areas, but so far I'm seeing lots of straight paths, automation, and non-threatening enemies, along with comments on this game being targeted for younger kids, there's a chance that this game may be purposely being made easy. Though if it's still fun, I won't care whether it's easy or not (I love Kirby games, after all).

Also, bosses explode rings, that could be interesting if it carries over to the final boss if it's as Super Sonic, or if this game has a unique form that also drains rings.

Edited by Ekaje

Sweet Mountain definitely sounds jazzy.

I only heard a part of the Boss track, but what I did hear was pretty good.

along with comments on this game being targeted for younger kids, there's a chance that this game may be purposely being made easy. Though if it's still fun, I won't care whether it's easy or not (I love Kirby games, after all).

I personally don’t put stock in that kind of talk, because almost all the modern games have been described as “aimed at children” or “kid friendly” in some aspect. The Children demographic was also a big factor in Unleashed, which as we all know, gave us Eggmanland.

I personally don’t put stock in that kind of talk, because almost all the modern games have been described as “aimed at children” or “kid friendly” in some aspect. The Children demographic was also a big factor in Unleashed, which as we all know, gave us Eggmanland.

Don't agree. Colours is the first Sonic title in years that is childish in nature. The Werehog was supposed to be 'cool' much like Shadow in order to appeal to the older children, where as Colours is aimed at the lower end. SEGA were even okay to let Rush Adventure get a 12+ in Europe for bad language when it was first released.

It's been said many times, but I still have to say it, this game looks very nice graphically, and looks like it'll be very polished. Though all the polish in the world won't save the game if it's a cakewalk, which I'm afraid it might be. The difficulty might ramp up in later areas, but so far I'm seeing lots of straight paths, automation, and non-threatening enemies, along with comments on this game being targeted for younger kids, there's a chance that this game may be purposely being made easy. Though if it's still fun, I won't care whether it's easy or not (I love Kirby games, after all).

Also, bosses explode rings, that could be interesting if it carries over to the final boss if it's as Super Sonic, or if this game has a unique form that also drains rings.

I really don't think there'll be a unique form. It's a main series game and there's always Super Sonic..

Some other things:

- Is it just me, or do the battleships on the world map look like they have a fun house on them? Though, the first thing I thought of when seeing this cleare pic was Circus Park.

- The blue planet on the right looks like a water planet, but I don't know what the red net barrier thing around it is.

- Sonic does have the wall jump, right? Every time they were going against a wall I was expecting him to wall jump :lol: Not that they were playing very good xD

- I hope TRZ has some signs saying SONIC. I always liked that in the 2D games even though it made no sense. I doubt it, though.

- Was I the only one who was getting frustrated at how bad they were playing?

- Sonic does have the wall jump, right? Every time they were going against a wall I was expecting him to wall jump :lol: Not that they were playing very good xD

Yeah, you can see Sonic lean against a wall ready to wall jump occasionally in the footage. It's good to see Unleashed's slide and stomp techniques in action too.

Yeah, you can see Sonic lean against a wall ready to wall jump occasionally in the footage. It's good to see Unleashed's slide and stomp techniques in action too.

I still think the slide should be a roll. *grumble*

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

We all do, Blue Blood.

We all do.

• Thumbs Up 1

Translation, cleaner world map and extra tidbits of footage are greatly appreciated. :D

Watching this game cattering older and younger sonic fans alike makes me wonder why SEGA keeps trying to divide us, when we should clearly be together, enjoying this awesome (lol haven't played this yet) game. :)

We all do, Blue Blood.

We all do.

Actually, I don't.

Because the rolling should give you some speed and momentum, and the sliding doesn't do that, it wouldn't make sense to see sonic rolling and then stoping a few meters after that...

Unless you call it Sonic 4 rolling :V *shot'd*

Actually, I don't.

Because the rolling should give you some speed and momentum, and the sliding doesn't do that, it wouldn't make sense to see sonic rolling and then stoping a few meters after that...

That why I want the roll! But nah, it's not really an issue as far as Colours is concerned.

Rolling physics in 3D Sonic would be so much better.

But this is just a minor gripe, since the rest of the game is golden.

So now we have another preview with a screen-shot of the world map and thats great! With all the previews coming up, where sure finding out allot more about the game, we might even possibly see a glimpse of a cut scene in the game (Possibly shown in horrible quality, the kind many mobile phones can get to) .

So now we have another preview with a screen-shot of the world map and thats great! With all the previews coming up, where sure finding out allot more about the game, we might even possibly see a glimpse of a cut scene in the game (Possibly shown in horrible quality, the kind many mobile phones can get to) .

I really hope that top left planet is a roller coaster planet. The cars kinda look like it but I don't see any tracks or anything. I forget who it was that mentioned it but fighting a boss while grinding on a roller coaster track and avoiding the cars would be fucking epic as hell. Anyway, yeah I'm hoping that's a roller coaster planet. The water one to the right I would assume is a water park type planet and the bottom right one looks to be a horror park.

They just better have roller coasters, who builds a theme park without roller coasters?

I really hope that top left planet is a roller coaster planet. The cars kinda look like it but I don't see any tracks or anything. I forget who it was that mentioned it but fighting a boss while grinding on a roller coaster track and avoiding the cars would be fucking epic as hell. Anyway, yeah I'm hoping that's a roller coaster planet. The water one to the right I would assume is a water park type planet and the bottom right one looks to be a horror park.

They just better have roller coasters, who builds a theme park without roller coasters?

Like Eggman's Spin Gear roller coaster at SEGA Republic?

SPIN-GEAR-at-SEGA-Republic-at-The-Dubai-Mall-2.JPG

That would be awesome!

• Thumbs Up 1

The slide speeds up on it's own if it goes down a slope.

The slide slows down going up a hill.

The slide is activated with a push of a button.

The slide is a replacement for the spin attack (not dash, attack) on the ground. It wouldn't take much for them to replace it with the jump model.

The slide speeds up on it's own if it goes down a slope.

The slide slows down going up a hill.

The slide is activated with a push of a button.

The slide is a replacement for the spin attack (not dash, attack) on the ground. It wouldn't take much for them to replace it with the jump model.

All than happens, yes, but there's significantly more friction with the slide. Plus the DS version has a spin as usual and a slide (you use the touch screen for it). Ohwellitdoesntmatterforthisgameletsallshutup

This. I will never get over how dumb this move is, for Sonic.

Never. And Nathan? I like you. Let's be friends. :3