Awoo.

Planet Wisp in action

Detective Shadzter

The green Wisp sounds about right. I was expecting him to let Sonic walk on water, maybe he still does that. I never liked the lightspeed dash anyways, it was like a really quick homing chain, too automated. I have no problem with needing a power up to unlock this power.

I'd actually prefer Sonic to be ABLE to go underwater without dying automatically. If they fixed that in Colors, I'd buy twelve copies of the game, first day.

I'd actually prefer Sonic to be ABLE to go underwater without dying automatically. If they fixed that in Colors, I'd buy twelve copies of the game, first day.

the Drill wisp power is confirmed to do this in addition to Drill underground, it was confirmed by takashi iizuka (one of the 2 producers of the game)

Edited by speedduelist

Copy and paste from my post at Sonic Retro:

Hey guys.

I was at Gamescom.

And I played this game.

Sweet Mountain act 2 and Planet Wisp act 1 and 2.

It's awesome. (and better than Sonic 4 IMO, which I also played)

You no longer drift by tilting the nunchuck, you now have to press B to drift. I think the boost was disabled in the parts where you had to drift, but I'm not sure.

I think I might have skipped part of act 2 by using the rocket wisp at some place, or it could have been an alternate route.

The title screen is awesome. It shows Sonic running alongside all the wisps, and you can rotate the camera around him.

Also, I think I may have been filmed while playing Sweet Mountain act 2.

Copy and paste from my post at Sonic Retro:

Hey guys.

I was at Gamescom.

And I played this game.

Sweet Mountain act 2 and Planet Wisp act 1 and 2.

It's awesome. (and better than Sonic 4 IMO, which I also played)

You no longer drift by tilting the nunchuck, you now have to press B to drift. I think the boost was disabled in the parts where you had to drift, but I'm not sure.

I think I might have skipped part of act 2 by using the rocket wisp at some place, or it could have been an alternate route.

The title screen is awesome. It shows Sonic running alongside all the wisps, and you can rotate the camera around him.

Also, I think I may have been filmed while playing Sweet Mountain act 2.

BisonYes.jpg

Edit: Oh, and you were indeed playing with the Wiimote? (Edit: Duh! Of course you are; you mentioned the Nunchuk in particular! XD)

Is it like in Unleashed where you hold the button and tilt the control stick to where you're turning to do it? Just to clarify. :P

Edited by Hero of Legend

Wait, what? All the places I've seen that are worth using the drift are pretty wide open spaces, exactly the time when you'd want to cut loose and boost.

...wait, what. Where? o_O I mean, that's great if it's true but it's still not exactly what needs to happen.

you can see it in the interview :

and also on nintendo power news magazine and also in some previews such as :

We're also told that the drill will work underwater, allowing Sonic to speed through those segments like a propeller.

http://worthplaying.com/event/E3_2010/Post_E3_2010/75028/

Wait, what? All the places I've seen that are worth using the drift are pretty wide open spaces, exactly the time when you'd want to cut loose and boost.

No, it isn't. I'm pretty sure you'd crash against the wall if you'd use boost in those parts. I even crashed while drifting once.

Okay my friend Yellow send me the video and I've uploaded it the Youtube.

I'm sorry I got your hopes up, but he didn't film Sweet Mountain Zone Act 2... but at least you get to see the *awesome* titel screen with all the wisps.

Uploading the video with me playing Sonic Free Riders right now. I don't suck at playing... well mostly.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh WOW! I love that title screen! Thank you!

EDIT: Cool! The title cards got spruced up too. That's awesome.

Edited by Blue Blood

Thanks Spark! :) Title screen is awesome!

Just found this video, looks like they've made things easier with the Cyan Wisp by adding diamonds for you to bounce off. A slow motion animation has also been added for when you destroy the Wisp Capsule.

Thanks Spark! :) Title screen is awesome!

Just found this video, looks like they've made things easier with the Cyan Wisp by adding diamonds for you to bounce off. A slow motion animation has also been added for when you destroy the Wisp Capsule.

I like the inclusion of the the crystals at that point. I do hope that the final game sees one or two areas where you need to use the laser strategically though. You know, manual aiming. It'd be fun for the challenge.

You can tell the game is merely in the final stretches now. They're just going to be fixing bugs and adding some polish, as you can see with new HUD parts and the minor level tweaking.

Edited by Blue Blood

Actually, Shadz, those crystal for the cyan laser where always there.

Not the ones at the end of the level.

Woha its Running in 60 FPS (just look at the video shadzter linked to)

How're you able to tell? YouTube vids only run up to 30 frames.

Not the ones at the end of the level.

actually they were their at E3

the difference i see

- that sonic moves and runs faster and the graphics sure looks slightly better

- the lazer wisp at E3 was put in the first 3D Part but in games con its now put on the last 2d part near the end.

- they also removed the Drill Wisp from the final 2D Part near the end and replaced it with the lazer

@ hero of legend

maybe i can't make sure. but i guess you can at least agree that sonic runs and moves X2 faster

just compare :

Edited by speedduelist

the difference i see

- that sonic moves and runs faster and the graphics sure looks slightly better

- the lazer wisp at E3 was put in the first 3D Part but in games con its now put on the last 2d part near the end.

- they also removed the Drill Wisp from the final 2D Part near the end and replaced it with the lazer

@ hero of legend

maybe i can't make sure. but i guess you can at least agree that sonic runs and moves X2 faster

just compare :

To me it's just that the new vid was recorded at a better framerate (say 30 as opposed to the previous one's 25). XD

I'd be floored if the game really does run in 60 frames, but I can't get my hopes up, I think it was JasonTheJackass who told me it was in 30 frames at E3. :P

Edited by Hero of Legend

I'm talking about the ones on the final 3D stretch, not the ones in the 2D section that lead to the rail just beforehand.

NEWOLDCRYSTALS.png

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm talking about the ones on the final 3D stretch, not the ones in the 2D section that lead to the rail just beforehand.

NEWOLDCRYSTALS.png

oh yeah, i didn't notice.

@ Hero of Legend

gamescon build = Old

E3 Build some thing else = new

Edited by speedduelist

Hmmm in the title screen, I see 8 Wisps (7 wisps from the Wii version in which they were confirmed and 1 DS Exclusive), the DS exclusive appears in the wii version.

Edited by speedduelist

Hmmm in the title screen, I see 8 Wisps (7 wisps from the Wii version in which they were confirmed and 1 DS Exclusive), the DS exclusive appears in the wii version.

Nope, there are 10 in total; 8 on Wii and 4 on DS, 4 are Wii-exclusive and 2 are for the DS.

Check out the BOXES:

SC_WII_PACK%20FRONT_rgb.jpgSC_DS_PACK%20FRONT_rgb.jpg

http://picasaweb.google.com/GoldMetalSonicE32010/SonicColorsWiiDS#