Awoo.

Planet Wisp in action

Detective Shadzter

Loving the return of title cards. Also, it looks like they refined the ranking system more, as now the player only got an 'A' this time. And it looks like bonus points are shown below the 'Score' counter.

I'm loving these small attentions to detail going on. It's what really makes a game feel very polished.

My friends at SEGA-Portal.de managed to film the Sweet Mountain Zone Act 2 and the green wisp.

They told me it wasn't easy to film, because they were not allowed to play Sweet Mountain Zone, so THANKS to Thomas and his crew!

http://www.sega-portal.de/blog/4252/sonic-colours-wii-sweet-mountain-act-2-gameplay-mit-grunem-wisp/

Actually the player didn't use the ability to fly to the ring chains, but it confirms green Kirby-Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

This JUST got posted in another topic. Beaten at your own game =P

Thanks a load, Spark!

My friends at SEGA-Portal.de managed to film the Sweet Mountain Zone Act 2 and the green wisp.

They told me it wasn't easy to film, because they were not allowed to play Sweet Mountain Zone, so THANKS to Thomas and his crew!

http://www.sega-portal.de/blog/4252/sonic-colours-wii-sweet-mountain-act-2-gameplay-mit-grunem-wisp/

Actually the player didn't use the ability to fly to the ring chains, but it confirms green Kirby-Sonic.

Thanks Spark and many many many thanks to Thomas and the guys at SEGA-Portal. Must have been hard to find a moment when Nintendo staff were't around to catch them.

Thank you Spark and especially to you Thomas!!! :D

But does the Green Wisp come with Silver's UFO sound from '06? WOP WOP WOP WOP.

Thank you Spark and especially to you Thomas!!! :D

But does the Green Wisp come with Silver's UFO sound from '06? WOP WOP WOP WOP.

No matter how much you ask for it, it's no uuuuuuuuuuuuse.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Green Wisp looks... odd.

I guess we can just look at it as a green, hovercraft version of Tails - the hover ability being a lil' bit like his flying mechanic in the classic games. I dunno, I'm just trying to clutch at reasons as to why it doesn't look horribly out of place.

Not that it's bad, especially if it does double as a Light Speed Dash (or potential water-based hovering powers). I'd take this over a Werehog any day.

I played Sweet Mountain Zone, and I saw other people playing it too.

EDIT: Also, I remember someone filming me playing Sweet Mountain Zone act 2, or at least taking pictures it. (no, I'm not the guy in SEGA-Portal's video)

Edited by TimmiT

I played Sweet Mountain Zone, and I saw other people playing it too.

EDIT: Also, I remember someone filming me playing Sweet Mountain Zone act 2, or at least taking pictures it. (no, I'm not the guy in SEGA-Portal's video)

From what I've seen in videos so far, there wasn't many Nintendo staff there. So if people weren't supposed to touch Sweet Mountain Act 2, then it wasn't monitored ver well. Makes sense that the level would be a no go area, since SEGA haven't officially announced the Green Wisp like they've been doing with other Wisps so far.

Lay out Wisp  (PSD"Phtoshop CS 2-5") from sega-press.

There is an interesting part:

piink.th.png

Well, in general there <<<DOWNLOAD>>> :)

14291533.png

Edited by Woun

I played Sweet Mountain and the Nintendo rep was paying attention. He kept telling my friend that I had to be in the video, too :-/ He didn't say anything when I chose Sweet Mountain, which I played only to use the Green Wisp, but I couldn't because I only got to play Act 1, because I had to give the controller up to some other guy >_> I also saw other people playing it..

From what I've seen in videos so far, there wasn't many Nintendo staff there. So if people weren't supposed to touch Sweet Mountain Act 2, then it wasn't monitored ver well. Makes sense that the level would be a no go area, since SEGA haven't officially announced the Green Wisp like they've been doing with other Wisps so far.

Actually, now that you mention it, they didn't really pay a lot of attention to Sonic Colours, they seemed to be busy with other games like Tetris Party Deluxe or Kirby Epic Yarn.

In fact, you're only supposed to be able to play 1 act when you get to play. When I was playing Planet Wisp, the kid behind me (who was the only other person in line for the game) was busy calling someone, and the Nintendo staff wasn't paying attention, so I just went and played the second act. :P

Still, if it's not supposed to be playable, then why didn't they just put it out of the demo?

Edited by TimmiT

Just a heads-up, as this is probably the most fitting topic for this little snippet of speculation, Colours (possibly S4 too) MAY be playable at the Eurogamer Expo. While it's not been announced yet, Vanquish is on the list thus confirming that SEGA will have a presence with playable games. Tickets cost £8, and it's gonna be on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of October.

Edited by Blue Blood

New video shows a bit more of Planet Wisp. Level looks awesome.

Skip to 3:54 for the Sonic part.

Edited by Jimmy Kudo
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh wow, that does look pretty awesome. Also this level looks a lot more difficult IMO. The worries about a baby easy game went out the window with that video for me.

Wow, love the level design. When he messed up the strafing section and fell down, he fell not into a bottomless pit but into another section of the level, just like in the classics. Love it.

The rest of the Act:

After their long ass intro, it conveniently starts at the point we've reached so far with previous recordings. We see another Unleashed element returns with those launcher things that show a button on your controller. The Act ends with a Goal Ring instead of a Wisp Capsule.

• Thumbs Up 1

The rest of the Act:

After their long ass intro, it conveniently starts at the point we've reached so far with previous recordings. We see another Unleashed element returns with those launcher things that show a button on your controller. The Act ends with a Goal Ring instead of a Wisp Capsule.

Pretty cool. The guy is obviously trying to figure out the controls.

Looks pretty good. I'm guessing that level was a lot harder that previous ones, because the guy got a C rank. Most people who played Equally badly in Tropical Resort or Sweet Mountain usually ended up with an A or S rank.

Pretty cool. The guy is obviously trying to figure out the controls.

Looks pretty good. I'm guessing that level was a lot harder that previous ones, because the guy got a C rank. Most people who played Equally badly in Tropical Resort or Sweet Mountain usually ended up with an A or S rank.

The older demos had fixed/simplified ranks. Not sure why, but devs often do that.