Awoo.

DS version Special Stage

Marcello

Lolfathands

First of all: Sorry about the low quality and lack of sound. We we're using the camera of my friend's mom and we didn't know it didn't record sound.

As you can see I was pretty noobish at the start because I didn't know what to do. After a bit the Nintendo rep told me I had to collect the spheres of the same colors as the top screen. The rainbow ones can be collected at any time. And then there were checkered ones, that if you you collected all of them you would get a 10 sphere bonus.

I didn't film this, because I didn't know until we stopped filming, but you get ranked in the Special Stages.

I have some other infos that I don't have on film.

Planet Wisp is Level 4.

I saw the green Wisp in the Wii version and he's like a hover craft or something. I thought Sonic looked like a jellyfish with spikes when using the power. You also got the light speed dash.

Sonic's model is a bit different than the other two Rushes. He's much darker and unlike SRA his spindash has the classic form

I have 2 more videos of Tropical Resort DS and of Sweet Mountain Wii with the title screen and stuff. I'll upload them later.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 3

Thanks! I thought the DS version wasn't at the con. Hm. Maybe the Wii will have special stage too.

So it looks quite like the Rush special stages, only without the tricks and orbs instead of rings. Looks fun! Nostalgia goggles: You collect the green Emerald first this time, just like in the Heroes and S3K! That's what I wanted to see in S4, however pointless.

Edited by Blue Blood

Dimps games (bar this one): Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Silver, Light Blue, Purple

Heroes: Green, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Light Blue, Purple, Red

It's nothing really, but I always like getting the green one first for the sake of it being the only Emerald. :P (Piss off, Sonic Battle)

Thanks MarcelloF, Special Stage looks awesome. It's like a mix of Blue Sphere and Sonic Rush's Special Stages :lol:

Thanks MarcelloF, Special Stage looks awesome. It's like a mix of Blue Sphere and Sonic Rush's Special Stages :lol:

Sadly not as epic as the Chaotix ones. Still, does look great though.

This question's so far gone unasked and unanswered, how did you get into the special stage, Marcello? 5 Red Rings?

What, the DS Version was playable at gamescom? I looked for it, but couldn't find it.

Seems like this is also a new demo, the E3 Demo got only Tropical Resort. How many levels were playable in the new one?

I think you only need one. I was really surprised when I got into it, because I didn't collect them all. I only collected 2 of them.. Maybe they made it like that for the demo version, though. Or maybe it's like Heroes :-/

And, I thought it was like Blue Spheres for a second, because I saw blue, red and yellow sphere. That's why I was only trying to get the blue ones the first few second, but then I bumped into a yellow one and started experimenting. Then the Nintendo rep said I have to collect the spheres that have the same color as the top screen and it got pretty easy. At the beginning it says "collect colored spheres" and I didn't notice the red circle under it xD I'm such a noob, lol.

What, the DS Version was playable at gamescom? I looked for it, but couldn't find it.

Seems like this is also a new demo, the E3 Demo got only Tropical Resort. How many levels were playable in the new one?

It was next to the DS rentals stand.

I think all acts and bosses of Tropical Resort, Sweet Mountain and Planet Wisp were playable. I only got to play TR and PW, because my friend wanted to keep going on and there were always people standing around wanting to play once I started >_>

Edited by MarcelloF

That sounds really interesting actually, and it could get absolutely brutal in later special stages. Excellent.

Now I really hope the Wii version has similar special stages. So far the Wii version has been doing everything better (IMO) and I'd love to see it's takes on the good old Sonic 2 style special stages.

Well, this is good news. I always really liked that style of special stage (one of my favourite things abour Rush was how well the special stages were implemented), and this seems like a fun little twist on that.

Now I really hope the Wii version has similar special stages. So far the Wii version has been doing everything better (IMO) and I'd love to see it's takes on the good old Sonic 2 style special stages.

Very much agreed. I'm sure that the Wii version will have special stages (well, not sure sure, but it seems really likely), and I can't wait to try them out. I mean, we haven't had special stages in a console game since Heroes, as far as I can remember, and we haven't had good special stages since the Saturn version of 3D Blast. I'm not even normally a big fan of special stages, but this is really exciting.

I couldn't think where else I could post this and I didn't want to start a new topic, but I uploaded a video of Tropical Resort Act 1:

This time I added music, because it bothered me without sound.

And for people who don't read the video detail, I want this to be known:

Also, I apologize for my idiot friend filming me instead of the game at times. The Nintendo rep said I have to be seen playing while we filmed the Wii version. I don't think that would've mattered here, though, seeing as you can see my hands the whole time. I told him to stop filming me instead of the game after the first time, too.

Edited by MarcelloF

Why would you have to be seen playing? Is it in case you saw something you weren't supposed to see or just to show your reaction while playing?

I couldn't think where else I could post this and I didn't want to start a new topic, but I uploaded a video of Tropical Resort Act 1:

This time I added music, because it bothered me without sound.

And for people who don't read the video detail, I want this to be known:

Very much thanks, i see that the graphics improved on the DS Version (like wii version) :)

but just if you don't mind, can you please record full planet wisp stage video footage

just if you can and if you don't mind, also nice music on the video :)

Edited by speedduelist

Why would you have to be seen playing? Is it in case you saw something you weren't supposed to see or just to show your reaction while playing?

I'm guessing the latter, but they didn't say why.

Very much thanks, i see that the graphics improved on the DS Version (like wii version) :)

but just if you don't mind, can you please record full planet wisp stage video footage

just if you can and if you don't mind, also nice music on the video :)

Sorry, I can't, I'm already home.

Thanks, Woun.

Hm, okay. It doesn't looks like a particularly fun boss. Not that the bosses are often much fun anyway.

Edited by Blue Blood

Wow that looks really fun to me, all the more reason to buy both the DS and Wii versions day one. They could almost make a standalone game on just the special stage if they created more varied game mechanics and stages as well.

It's like ANOTHER version of the Sonic 2 special stages....

OH GOD WHY.

I've not a big fan of the 2D half pipe and they just use it all the time. I'd rather do something completely different than this mix of a Sonic 2/Sonic 3/Sonic Rush special stages.

Yeah, seriously, give us something awesome like Chaotix's special stages.

<3

I'd like to see another original SS too, something that's not as basic as "on rails and getting rings". Maybe the Wii version will be a little more original?

if the wii version gets special stages, I hope they become in secret rings style, those were challenging in some ways,

I didn't like the fact their were missions to stop you from playing real acts but those were still great, but having them in special stages and even more harder looks like an amazing idea (not saying that i hope for them to be on rails but i hope they would be challenging like making collecting rings harder for the special stage), that would be fun and challenging (in my opinion) :)

Edited by speedduelist