Awoo.

More Sonic Colors Gamescom footage

Ruby Havoc

I think Hero of Legend already did :-/

Technically no, the proper HD version is for Insiders only. :/

I used DownloadHelper to grab the 640x360 footage, otherwise that's only for Insiders as well, gotta love loopholes. XD

Edit: The one anyone can download and is in the Youtube upload in the TSS article is the 320x180 version, ugh.

Edited by Hero of Legend

You can tell from Sonic's grunts as he flips to diffrent rails that Craig's voice is in the game.

And it sounds a lot like the "ROCKET!"

other than that oh my god this game. oh my god.

I think Hero of Legend already did :-/

You do not understand, speak download fee HD video, which "1280x720 (50 MB)"

You do not understand, speak download fee HD video, which "1280x720 (50 MB)"

That's what I assumed you meant, so you have Insider?

That's what I assumed you meant, so you have Insider?

I have yet to swing. (Just a bad night speed Internet) How to download all say. :)

The music sounds like fast paced werehog music. I always loved the music for the werehog, too bad it always got ruined because of that jazzy battle tune.

Loving it

Edited by Jaouad

Very happy with what I saw in this video. As much as I loved Unleashed, having more of exactly the same type of level design in this game would make me grow tired of the formula,

Uh, this IS the same level design type as Unleashed. There have been improvements yes, but that doesn't really make the formula different.

Anyways, I'm sorta iffy on the music. It's certainly better than the overdone rock of past Sonic games, but I think it may be a bit too relaxed for the gameplay. It did begin to pep up later though.

Loving everything else though. It feels pretty weird to have a 3D Sonic game and not have a huge flaw to cry about. A good kind of weird of course.

The colours feel so right! <3

Seriously, what side of the franchise was this game aimed for?

EDIT: did I mention how awesome that music is? Sounds like a fast paced Chun-nan Night stage mixed with some NiGHTS flavor.

EDIT2: I found my first negative comment, am I the only one thinking these (and other) levels are somewhat enemies-empty? I haven't seen an Eggpawn (nor badnik) in almost a whole minute of gameplay, hopefully this is just because it's the beggining of the level but Tropical Resort also felt this way (and we have seen almost all of it already).

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 2

So this is the game for the children while the big kids get S4? Yeah, SEGA. Way to understand your fans. THIS is the game we've been wanting.

You can't blame Sega for being so confused as to whom to aim this game at. In some ways, as far are they're concerned, their long-time fans and critics want what Sonic 4 is supposed to be and "Sonic can't work in 3D" so they probably made this as a test for their new ideas in 3D, put it on the Wii because it's cheaper to develop and aimed it at kids who are more likely to buy it.

EDIT: did I mention how awesome that music is? Sounds like a fast paced Chun-nan Night stage mixed with some NiGHTS flavor.

It definitely does. I like it, but I definitely wasn't expecting Planet Wisp to have such melancholy (well, comparatively) music. I guess that makes sense, given that it's where all of the Wisp enslavement is taking place and that's not exactly cheery, but I was honestly anticipating some variety of cheery industrial music instead.

On the incredibly minor nitpick side of things, the slow descent from the Orange Rocket looks a little weird in 2D, especially when Sonic's close to the ground.

Merged your posts. In future please edit your previous post rather than double-or-triple-posting, Woun (:

• Thumbs Up 1

Rocket <3 Can I marry that announcer? Or rather just his voice? It makes me THAT happy. :P

I'm not really feeling the music though, but I think it's because I'm not playing the game. I'd probably appreciate the day I play it myself. As for gameplay, I'm in love! I am so excited for this game, everything just keeps looking better and better.

In all honesty, I haven't been excited for a Sonic game since Sonic Heroes, back in 2005. Heroes was really disappointing and I hadn't been as excited since (even for Sonic 4), but this game... man... words don't accurately express how I feel for it!!!

The music, the levels design, the Wisps....I can honestly say I love almost everything about this game so far. I actually feel excited for this game, sure I liked the newer Sonic games I've played, but seeing their trailers and gameplay, most of them haven't excited me like Colors is.

This game is making them do crazy things to Sonic 4 I bet, SEGA did say Episode 2 will be where the floodgates open!

Sonic Colors feels like my 3 favorite games combined, Sonic 3, Sonic CD and Chaotix! Lets Hope Tails does ok, I want to see more of him.

Edited by Aries