Awoo.

Amazon.de listing "Special Edition"

Detective Shadzter

Just realised pre-orders at EB Games Australia also get you the hat. Lucky so and so's.

...they get the figures AND the Sonic hat?

RAGE.

151845_detail.jpg

Manly Sonic is manly...

That's an awesome combo, not to mention a clever marketing to make you order both versions.

Edited by gato

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=84068

Gamestop now shows the BradyGames guide's cover:

830324b.jpg

Same as the box obviously, but I couldn't help finding it funny/neat that they have the Nintendo logo beside Sega's, do BradyGames do that with other 3rd Party Nintendo guides? I don't remember them doing so.

Edit: Guess not! As Madworld's guide instead shows Platinum's logo:

pa.152310.1.jpg

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-ly-49-en-70-39iu.html

Also, Play Asia shows a description of Color's guide:

FEATURES

* Exclusive, official guide to this highly anticipated and critically acclaimed game!

* Covers both Wii and Nintendo DS.

* Complete Walkthoughs for both versions.

* Maps for all levels.

* Fans will love the artwork and bios for all characters.

* Platform: WII & NDS

DESCRIPTION

Nominated as Best Platformer at the 2010 E3! Players control Sonic the Hedgehog through an intergalactic amusement park composed of several different planets as he traverses each world to rescue the Wisps from Dr. Eggman. The Wii version of Sonic Colors will use a mixture of 2D and 3D perspectives, akin to the day stages from Sonic Unleashed, while the Nintendo DS version will take advantage of the dual screens of the handheld, similar to the Sonic Rush series.

http://www.play-asia.com/Sonic_Colors_Official_Strategy_Guide/paOS-13-71-ly-49-en-70-3z31.html

Edited by Hero of Legend

FEATURES

* Exclusive, official guide to this highly anticipated and critically acclaimed game!

* Covers both Wii and Nintendo DS.

* Complete Walkthoughs for both versions.

* Maps for all levels.

* Platform: WII & NDS

I'm going to guess this is just a picture of the planets (or a minimap like the DS version) instead of a full map of every level like the ones in Zone 0.

Because if they are full maps, then I will have no choice but to pester every single one of you until someone buys that guide and scans the maps. :P

I never thought I'd see the day... *sniff*

"Critically acclaimed". Man, it feels good to say that about Sonic again.

They know us too well.

THEY KNOW TOO MUCH I TELLS YA!

• Thumbs Up 1

I just recently got the Prima Unleashed Wii/PS2 guide, and I'm not all that impressed with it.

It only had bios for the main characters, no list of enemies with their names or anything fancy like that.

Hopefully the above means the bios will cover like... everything. XD

Amazon.de has pic with the boxes of the Special Editions:

51QEVvZKSVL._AA300_.jpg51ED6MXVWUL._AA300_.jpg

Wow! Cool! 

I would like to find out for art with the right. :3

Sure will order DS version!

Edited by Woun

Complete walk through guide? doesn't seem really worth it (the guide i mean) , i am sure its easy to pick up and play :)

Edited by speedduelist

Looks awesome! Sonic himself looks really weird, but eh. The art on the side is nice too. So ordering both of them.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=84068

Gamestop now shows the BradyGames guide's cover:

830324b.jpg

Same as the box obviously, but I couldn't help finding it funny/neat that they have the Nintendo logo beside Sega's, do BradyGames do that with other 3rd Party Nintendo guides? I don't remember them doing so.

Also, Play Asia shows a description of Color's guide:

http://www.play-asia.com/Sonic_Colors_Official_Strategy_Guide/paOS-13-71-ly-49-en-70-3z31.html

Eh. I wasn't too impressed with the NiGHTS: JoD guide (only Brady guide I've got; it says SEGA and Sonic Team on the bottom) They have pretty pictures and maps, which are hardly needed in that game, but left one of the enemies off the list and despite claiming to be a 'Strategy Guide' there's practically no strategy involved. 'To A-rank this level, finish it really fast' hardly qualifies as strategy. Of course, what I was really hoping it would have was some mechanics or advice on My Dream - at least the silly badges - which it had nothing at all on.

On the other hand, this is only $13 preordered, so why not. It does apply to two games, and these are more likely to have hidden stuff. I find the Prima guides awfully hit and miss - the computer games tend to be good, but the console games not so. The ones I had the best opinion of were the NP guides, but they don't make them anymore.

The worst is when you get a guide with wrong information. I've had some that were no help at all because they told me the wrong thing to do.

p11214994.jpg

Behold!!!

No need to thank me.

Awesome sauce! thanks a lot! =) Loving the official artwork! Any news of this coming to America? I could care less about the Sonic figurine but I wish I could get my hands on that cyan wisp *o*

Awesome sauce! thanks a lot! =) Loving the official artwork! Any news of this coming to America? I could care less about the Sonic figurine but I wish I could get my hands on that cyan wisp *o*

It's being sold in the U.S. rather than packaged with the game -

http://www.sonicstadium.org/blog/2010/09/06/toyglobe-com-listing-sonic-colours-action-figure/

No idea which Wisps are going to come with it in that listing though.

It's being sold in the U.S. rather than packaged with the game -

http://www.sonicstadium.org/blog/2010/09/06/toyglobe-com-listing-sonic-colours-action-figure/

No idea which Wisps are going to come with it in that listing though.

It should be in Canada in Toys R Us and Zellers as well as I've seen the Black Knight and ASRacing toys, so no worries about missing out for us! :D