Awoo.

No Sonic 4 on Toky Game Show

Drunk Michael Myers

According to PlayStation Universe, Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 won't show up at TGS this year.

To me, this is just plain stupid, i know Sonic and downloadable content/games is not a hot topic in Japan, and has pretty much never been, but since we, the "fans", and the press want's to se the latest version of the game, this would be a grate place to show it. SEGA's marketing for this game is...wierd. But at least, we don't need to se 574 000 new videos of the Splash Hill Zone E3 demo.

EDIT: SEGA's own Tokyo Game Show Website

Edited by Michael Myers

One way to look at it is that it might be out before TGS and therefore they won't need to show it off.

Possible release date coming our way soon? I sure hope so.

I thought that they were unveiling more titles as the TGS date grew closer? Seems odd that they wouldn't show off one of their more popular franchises.

I saw that the Xbox 360 version of Virtual-On Force was on display, and instantaneously stopped caring about the lack of Sonic 4.

To be honest, I actually want to save some surprises for when I play the game; how much info can you receive without it somewhat spoiling the final experience?

Here's hoping it's at Eurogamer then.

Don't forget that Sonic 4 (and Colours) will be on show at this weekend so we could see a newer build of Sonic 4 there hopefully but I doubt it though *expects same build of Splash Hill Zone videos @ Penny Arcade Expo again*

Edited by Shaddix

Don't forget that Sonic 4 (and Colours) will be on show at this weekend so we could see a newer build of Sonic 4 there hopefully but I doubt it though *expects same build of Splash Hill Zone videos @ Penny Arcade Expo again*

Yeah, but Eurogamer is a public event in London. One that random Joes can go to. That's why it needs to be there.

One way to look at it is that it might be out before TGS and therefore they won't need to show it off.

But TGS is on the 16th of September. That's about two and a half weeks from now. Do you really think they'd release it between now and then when they haven't even given a definite date yet?

Does anybody know when the Sonic's birthday contest winners actually get to go to Tokyo and stuff? Because part of their prize if I remember correctly was to be the first to play the final build of Sonic 4. Whenever this trip is will be before unveiling of the final build and obviously before the release, but if anybody knows when that lucky couple people get to go to Tokyo, it could shed some light on when we can expect to see the final build and maybe a release date.

That sucks. Hopefully the new build will turn up at PAX or Eurogamer.

Does anybody know when the Sonic's birthday contest winners actually get to go to Tokyo and stuff? Because part of their prize if I remember correctly was to be the first to play the final build of Sonic 4. Whenever this trip is will be before unveiling of the final build and obviously before the release, but if anybody knows when that lucky couple people get to go to Tokyo, it could shed some light on when we can expect to see the final build and maybe a release date.

It'll be 4 people, the UK and U.S. winners and a friend each. I doubt they'll be going soon, since the current playable build shown to Nintendo Power recently only has 3 zones. I expect they'll be playing it a couple of weeks or so before release, since that's when downloadable games usually get their release dates announced.

But TGS is on the 16th of September. That's about two and a half weeks from now. Do you really think they'd release it between now and then when they haven't even given a definite date yet?

I didn't realise it was so soon! In that case probably not. Was worth a shot though! :P

All Sonic 4 at Tokyo Game Show will encourage is more complaining that the changes people are hoping for aren't put in yet or won't be put in at all. That or it'll just be an earlier build that was showcased before and people will whine about that.

I almost see it as a good thing.

All Sonic 4 at Tokyo Game Show will encourage is more complaining that the changes people are hoping for aren't put in yet or won't be put in at all. That or it'll just be an earlier build that was showcased before and people will whine about that.

I almost see it as a good thing.

People (like me) whine and whine about the old build fully acknowledging that it's the old build. Nothing's wrong with that.

I remeber when last year we were all wondering if Needlemouse would finally be unveiled at TGS. Jumping the gun much, eh?

• Thumbs Up 1

Funny how SEGA get pissed off over Sonic Colours getting more attention than Sonic 4. Things like this just increase the neglect of attention for S4. However, they're different games by different teams. One team is okay with new builds with fixes whilst the other wants to keep everything quiet for a while even though the changes aren't going to be huge aside from the new levels.

• Thumbs Up 1

Funny how SEGA get pissed off over Sonic Colours getting more attention than Sonic 4. Things like this just increase the neglect of attention for S4. However, they're different games by different teams. One team is okay with new builds with fixes whilst the other wants to keep everything quiet for a while even though the changes aren't going to be huge aside from the new levels.

This is a good thing.

This means that SEGA will try to make Sonic 4 better, so it outshines Sonic Colours.

(the alternative would be to make Colours worse, but that would hurt sales, and therefore cash....)

This is a good thing.

This means that SEGA will try to make Sonic 4 better, so it outshines Sonic Colours.

(the alternative would be to make Colours worse, but that would hurt sales, and therefore cash....)

SEGA Would do that just to spite people though wouldn't they? LOL