Awoo.

BIRDCON NORTH '10 MEETUP [27/28TH NOVEMBER]

T-Bird

So several years back we had a string of meet-ups that all ended up quite successful; a handful of fans meeting up to just meet, greet, chat and drink for a day. The irritating factor was they were always in London, and a lot of us had to travel hundreds of miles to get there.

Well, I've had in my mind a northern meetup for a long time, so I'm basically looking to see who'd be interested in coming along!

As it's fairly easy to get to (and I'm being lazy for once!) I've decided York should be the location. You can get from Leeds & Manchester via the trans-Pennine route. You can get from London, Peterborough, Doncaster, Newcastle, Edinburgh and Glasgow via the East coast mainline. Its two hours from London, so it's not a massive hike for most of you London types (no excuses on can't afford it - I've done it a billion times to London!).

TIME & DATE: TBC

We can start from any time really - York is easily accessable by foot from the station so theres no need for connecting trains or anything once there. The date is what I'd really like to pin down. I think a Saturday or a Sunday in November would be the best bet (before Christmas hits and people are more likely to be off work!). I guess if people want a weekend away, we could turn it into a two-day gathering.

So, options are:

6th & 7th of November (Probably worst weekend for me)

13th & 14th of November

20th & 21st of November

27th & 28th of November <- Most likely date.

ACTIVITIES:

Drinking. There are more than pubs than days of the year in York (no, there are) so we'll be drinking at real ale establishments, cocktail lounges and haunted pubs.

Anyway, voice your interest here, and we'll see if we can organise something!

T

ZOMG Peterborough was mentioned!

My 18th birthday is the 20th, so the weekend of the 27th/28th would be best for me.

Man I'd actually pop along just to see what it'd be like, but I suspect you'll pick a weekend I'm busy ;P

You need to come DO :P From ye olden days of BPX haha

Two weekends I'm actually busy XD

Well if you do fancy it mate, let us know which ones you aren't - we'll try and organise a good weekend for a majority. Can probably do the first weekend but I might be totally wrecked from the Devildriver gig the night before on the Saturday.

T

Well if you do fancy it mate, let us know which ones you aren't - we'll try and organise a good weekend for a majority. Can probably do the first weekend but I might be totally wrecked from the Devildriver gig the night before on the Saturday.

T

Aww c: Well honestly, I'd go off whatever anyone else says and I'll look ;P Sides, one assumes if it's a success it'll happen again so...

I've been thinking that a Northern meet up would be really cool, especially as the London guys have had so many great meet ups lately and there are quite a few of us up North :lol:

So this sounds great, I would be up for it!

* Needs to start thinking of an Eastern meet * :P

I think November may be busy for me, with Chrismas not far away, handbell ringers get booked left, right and centre.

So far, the 20th may be the weekend I cannot do.

I would probably be on the train, Norwich to Peterborough, to York.

Anyway, keep me posted :D

Any word on the next Video Games Live? Maybe we could tie it in with that.

Edited by foreversonic

Sounds like a good idea. 2 hours to London, 2 Hours to York. 27th -28th would be nicest as I would get paid the week before :P

* Needs to start thinking of an Eastern meet * :P

Haha, there's already London meets, but there's a fair few of you guys out there so why not make it a bit more local? :)

Anyway. So long as the meet's not in the first week, I can more than likely make it up. Huzzah!

For those of you in the South West who are thinking "Geez, it takes hours to get to any of these places, be it London or the North, BAWW, WE LIVE IN A STUPID PART OF THE COUNTRY!"... Do not fret, as you guys are getting a meet planned too! I mentioned this at the SoS aftermath when we were talking about setting up regional meetups and there's plenty of us down here, so why not go ahead and make it official. Some of us have already met up and making it a bigger meet would be awesome. I'll be putting up a thread soon with proposed places, as I need to know who's coming and from where before we can set a location. No point having a South West "halfway house" meet in, say, Exeter if no-one from Cornwall is coming. Watch this space...

Edit: Should really say I'm only in Staines for uni and actually live somewhere near Minehead, West Somerset. I can more than happily travel anywhere inbetween, but knowing how long it takes to get anywhere in the South West wanted to make a meet specially for those that literally have to spend 4-5 hours minimum getting to London/the Midlands/the North.

Edited by Nemain

Maybe if I'm not working I'll join in. Any excuse for booze is good so i'll take it.Plus the fact that i'll be meeting up with cool peeps may make it great.

If it gets picked for 6th November that's my birthday so everyone will have to buy me free pints! =D ...please? XD

If it gets picked for 6th November that's my birthday so everyone will have to buy me free pints! =D ...please? XD

Or any other weekend after you could just say "it was my birthday this month". It will have the same effect.

T

Yeah, I'm up for it T! However, I can't do the 13th November as i'm seeing Jimmy Eat World that day (and I bloody love them so can't give it up!!) Any other weekend is fine by me :D

It's early days yet, but if it's a weekender, then i'll need to look for hotels and stuff, unless you don't mind me using your floor haha!!

Or any other weekend after you could just say "it was my birthday this month". It will have the same effect.

T

Silly T. That only works if you're you.

Claire's Mam's getting married on the 6th so can't do that weekend but the rest are fair game. And oh, look at that, I have accommodation sorted already (H).

Hmm a meet up, up north.......AH WHY NOT!!!!!! I'm from the deep south lol XD but I think I can come to the north it should be fun, apart from the 6th & 7th i'm free on all the weekends you've put down so which ever one is good for me, plus also if anyone is up to meet at London then that would be sweet because I wouldn't have to go on my own then lol. :P

"Geez, it takes hours to get to any of these places, be it London or the North, BAWW, WE LIVE IN A STUPID PART OF THE COUNTRY!"......

Lol the part of the country I live in isn't stupid, it's just CRAZY!!!!!!! :D

But yer it sounds be good. :D

Had a word with Mena, she's not going to be able to make it. But I am :D

I've told work that I'm planning on going to York for a weekend in November, but in theory I'm free for all of them, so you let me know when it is, I'll let them know when it is, and we're all hunky dory :D

Haha, there's already London meets

tiz true (thanks gurl ^^). Here's our Facebook group ; http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=107060975984482

We're having a meet-up on the 26th September actually! Its going to be in St James' Park if sunny, and Trocodero if not, and it would be wicked to see as many SSMB/SOS people there as possible! After all; its because of you guys that I set the group up in the first place (couldn't bear the wait between the Summer of Sonics!)

So I get the vibe the last weekend of November is good with most people? 27th and 28th? We'll put this down as the tentative date if people want?

T

So I get the vibe the last weekend of November is good with most people? 27th and 28th? We'll put this down as the tentative date if people want?

T

That should be good for me T. :D

I'll try and see if I can get up there on that weekend. ^_^