Awoo.

NEW TRAILER!

Woun

Ta for the heads up guys.

Also, that sucked. It didn't really lets us see many changes. Ah well, more soon!

You might have seen some leaked footage of Sonic in a mine cart where the player has to rotate the map to manipulate the movements. It didn't look so hot. Well, none of that is in what I played (that version of the Lost Labyrinth level is only in the iPhone version). Yes, there are several mine cart rides, but the only thing you do is hop on, let them zip you around, and jump over gaps in the tracks. It's a small part of some of the levels and kind of cool.

iPhone getting old mine cart stage confirmed as we expected!

FINALLY! I thought we'd never see anything gameplay-wise for Lost Labyrinth; even though it's just a trailer.

Jumping animation wasn't fixed (can't see the running one clearly enough), there's still speedboosters and springs that aren't needed, the torch looks/sounds really fun, the minecart is looking rather fun and I want to see some proper footage.

EDIT: It also annoying that speed boosters still knock Sonic into a ball, but it's negligible a flaw really.

Edited by Blue Blood

Boosters Become Staple In Game Series That Marketed Speed For 20 Years: News @ 11. :lol:

Anyhoo, the only thing that kinda made me cock my head is the motions Sonic makes when he's on the ball the first time. They're rather jerky and off-putting. Everything else looks fine, and I kinda had to chuckle at the fact that they ended the trailer with the mine cart.

@ Tealer: Made the mistake of hitting the -. So you're actually -1... at least in my heart. ;_;

Edited by Nepenthe

Well the trailer wasn't really impressive. =/

But the preview gave us some interesting insights, though I would've liked to see underwater sections in the 3 acts.

Also, I got to laugh at the mention of Acts instead of Zones and the part when he talks about the Boss like if it were something new... But I guess I shouldn't be surprised after watching who wrote this preview.

The stock music was an odd choise, I would have rather heard LLZ act 2 music. However, visuals look great! The herky jerky ball walk was probably due to the player wiggling the thumb stick really fast.

Oh yes, and the change to Fall 2010 makes me very happy! Fall means no winter which means a sooner release! (October please!)

Hey, can't I fucking post something without you guys going all negative rep over me? It only got reset days ago after hitting -14.

But yeah, the trailer could've been better, but ending it on the minecart was great.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Honestly I didn't like it. It may look a little bit better than the early build, but that's just what it is, a slight improvement of the horrendous early build, which still doesn't make it good for me

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Hey, can't I fucking post something without you guys going all negative rep over me? It only got reset days ago after hitting -14.

That is pretty OTT. You were just making a joke! (+ rep'd you)

Spot the broken physics!

nointertia.png

Answer:

Sonic loses all of him momentum upon hitting that spring. He should keep moving horizontally, not stop and just go vertically. Bonus point if you noticed he still doesn't have to jump on the spring *shot*

Edited by Blue Blood

All I saw was the running fix to be honest. I haven't seen enough to judge the game in full of course, but I'm still not liking the jumping animation at all. It looks so stock compared to all the other movement Sonic is doing especially with the grabbing air animation that gets played right after it.

Also that stupid intro sequence and end looked really lame and doesn't reflect how the game plays in the slightest. It just looks like someone trying to do poor animation with sprites.

It's gonna have to do more to impress, but like I said I reserve judgment until it releases.

Meh trailer.

Looks good, and I like the added effects to the rolling animation, and the extra detail in the Jumping animations.nNt sure if the speed of rotation is proportionate to your actual speed though, as we've only really seeing it once properly. I wasn't really expecting anything that reveals too much, I mean it removes the surprise.

I did however, see a lot of platforming. Still too many speed boosters.

Dimps....if you really have fixed the physics engine, you won't need those Speed Boosters.

If you really want us to know if you've made said changes, get rid of them.

Number of speed boosters is inversly proportionate to the fidelity of the physics engine.

That is pretty OTT. You were just making a joke! (+ rep'd you)

Spot the broken physics!

nointertia.png

Hardly a physics problem. Its just some dodgy collision detection. Its not like the classics were completely free of these either.

I mean, its better that there is a collision detection problem with a spring, rather than an enemy.....

Edited by Scar

Boosters Become Staple In Game Series That Marketed Speed For 20 Years: News @ 11. :lol:

Anyhoo, the only thing that kinda made me cock my head is the motions Sonic makes when he's on the ball the first time. They're rather jerky and off-putting. Everything else looks fine, and I kinda had to chuckle at the fact that they ended the trailer with the mine cart.

Sonic, now with super coasting power! Watch as our hero intrepidly imitates a hot wheels car.

But seriously, I suspect that the jerkiness of his animations when he lands on the ball is meant to be imitating how many animes intentionally make characters move with really jumpy animation when they're losing their balance. Can't say I'm a fan of this technique to be honest.

And so the giant bolders are ridden above pitfalls? That's kinda lame. They should be used to smash walls like they were before being removed from Sonic 1.

Edited by Phos

Sonic, now with super coasting power! Watch as our hero intrepidly imitates a hot wheels car.

But seriously, I suspect that the jerkiness of his animations when he lands on the ball is meant to be imitating how many animes intentionally make characters move with really jumpy animation when they're losing their balance. Can't say I'm a fan of this technique to be honest.

And so the giant bolders are ridden above pitfalls? That's kinda lame.

We don't know that yet. In the leaks, there were 4 of them, with only one being above a deathpit.