Awoo.

Sonic Colors IGN Multiplayer Preview

speedduelist

Well it says Various Colours. Meaning the main colours of the Wisps I guess. here comes Scourge.....

Hm, well that's...interesting.

So we know what the red rings are for, or at least, one of the things they unlock. I'm hoping it's not just this, as I don't have many opportunities to play multiplayer, so it's not much of a reward (though I'll end up getting them all anyway).

I like the setup of having it be a simulation made by Eggman to explain why there's two (robo-)Sonics. It's not really necessary, but it's a nice touch.

Combining powers seems neat, but it seems kind of odd to bury it in a separate multiplayer mode...

Interesting. Sounds fun, but when previews have negative comments I can't help but worry.

Remember NSMB Wii Co-op?

Yeah that was frustrating as fuck at the best of times.

The frustration was the only issue, so it shouldn't be too bad.

My favorite part was:

Sonic Colors co-op is the Ivan Drago of platformers, aiming to break you on a regular basis.

This is good news. You can't be a n00b when playing Co-op, or you'll get your ass handed to you apparently.

I want to see how insane the level design gets.

Also, the multiplayer levels are designed exclisively for Multiplayer, so no rehashed levels.

This game has a LOT of content.....

Edited by Scar

Combining colour powers for massive damage platforming?

This is good news. You can't be a n00b when playing Co-op, or you'll get your ass handed to you apparently.

I want to see how insane the level design gets.

I can't believe I only found 1 thing to complain about this game (it seems too easy) and then this update comes and rubs in my face how wrong I am. (though only as an extra, and I guess some people will have troubles finding someone to play this game with)

:__D

Also, the multiplayer levels are designed exclisively for Multiplayer, so no rehashed levels.

This game has a LOT of content.....

Totally a +, despite the lack of texturing of the levels (wich may be seen as lazy for some people) I still like the white-ness devoided of colour, and the background story about Eggman doing some sick experiments to test the wisp powers (or at least that's what it seems to be) is somewhat charming.

I'm so freaking sold for this game...

Edited by gato

It is official, Sonic Colors is the best Sonic title released so far.

Day time stages

MULTIPLAYER(What everyone has been asking for)

It is official, Sonic Colors is the best Sonic title released so far.

Day time stages

MULTIPLAYER(What everyone has been asking for)

That's not possible cause it's not been released yet.

• Thumbs Up 2

Having followed the (many) ups and downs of the Sonic franchise online since 2003, it seems clear to me that the tone of this preview is largely bad news, because only when something is particularly jarring does it receive a mention in a preview. I only hope that Sega will take on board these criticisms before the game goes gold in October, because to fall at the last hurdle when the rest of the game is seemingly so solid would be a damn shame.

Edited by b_boult
  • Bad Quality Post 1

We have been cutting down on how much we feel members should include when making a topic. However, do try to include more than a single link. Topic making should contain at least a little effort. Just a friendly note to put here so that you know for the next time you (or others) create a topic.

However although topic being already posted, feel free to edit the opening post in order to add more content to it, ie. typing a few sentences. After all, members should not have to click a link in order to read something at all, topic being posted on the SSMB and all, know what I mean? =)

Flamerstreak at the SEGA Forums has just pointed out that the Metal Sonic alike head on the map could be the co-op mode. Makes perfect sense to me. The levels are different to the ones in single player, so its only right that this mode would be on a different planet.

My guess is that the Sonic Simulator is making a return and we get to control some good ol' Eggman-manufactured Sonic simulations through this odd void in space - awesome! I'll assume new levels can be unlocked for multiplayer use by either reaching that stage in the story mode or by collecting Special Rings.

So totally called it. :D

The multiplayer sounds like it's going to be totally awesome if that preview was anything to go by. 2-Player that is simultaneously cooperative and competitive? I can dig it. It's also nice to see the Sonic Simulator return in some way/shape/form. If it actually gets referred to as that in-game I will be one happy camper!

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

It looks like some kind of sterile futuristic training room. Matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was some kind of crazy holodeck with different backdrops.

PSYCHIC POWERS BOOYAH. I'm so happy this game isn't gonna be Playskool easy. I feel like this really increases the replay. Lol, and more so if your friend sucks at the game. It's awesome that it's an Eggman test run facility, like Gamma's training level from SA1 or something. And it's awesome that you can combine Wisps as a team.

^ Whoa, Hunter ninja'ed my whole post in a very specific way. Moar psychic powers? :o

Edited by Dabnikz

I still don't know if it's split screen online though. Do we share a screen? That sounds hard. Is it split? Is it online? Uncertainty!

Edited by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper