Awoo.

2 New Videos From IGN

speedduelist

Wow, I'm not gonna lie, that actually looks pretty freaking fun. I wouldn't mind playing that with a buddy, looks interesting.

Pretty cool. The red Sonic looks so much like Shadow when the camera's zoomed out.

I noticed a few things:

I'm not sure what the double Wisp attacks do. They seemed to just be drilling together, or just became a double laser.

A few times they homing attack each other, and get stunned with little stars over their heads.

The track seemed to wrap around at the checkpoint post in the first vid, so maybe we're looking at a mode similar to the Sonic 3 race levels.

Co-op unlockables? There were some kind of medallions in corners of the track. The red player picks one up.

Funny bowling ball sound effect when the rows of Pawns get smashed by the laser Wisp attack.

The music in the third video is clearly the Tropical Resort tune, only a lot more low tech sounding to go with the simulated environment.

Edited by Dabnikz

I'm not sure what the double Wisp attacks do. They seemed to just be drilling together, or just became a double laser.
I think the drill goes faster (the preview mentioned combining laser and drill to drill faster; maybe he was mistaken about the laser?), and the energy tether between the spike forms seems like a double Wisp effect. Not sure about the laser, tho'.

Edit: The hearts have Eggman's logo on them. I'm not sure what to think of that.

Edited by Diogenes

I liked the retro music they used , it was a nifty cersion of Reach for the Stars when they work together. This looks quite fun, have to have a look when it comes out.

Cool! The way they were tethered with the Spike Wisps reminded me a lot of Knucklles' Chaotix :D I'm guessing those ? capsules with the rainbow colours in will give you a random Wisp power. Would anyone be able to YouTube these?

I actually kinda like the design of these robo-Sonics.

Anyway, looks fun. I'll definitely be playing it with a friend when I get my hands on the game.

Wow...they took two Sonics and made them look fun.

Now could you imagine how they could pull it off in the future with other character combinations? Sure we kinda got that with Heroes, Chronicles, Sonic 06, and SAdv3, but it wasn't anything like this.

It would be even cooler if they had combinations with different Wisps, like a laser spike combo, or a drill laser combo, or a rocket spike...you know where I'm going with this. It would probably be a lot to work with, but a guy can dream.

WHat was up with the big inflatable Eggman head?

Looks to me like it could be one of those "dummy items" from the classic games that hurt you when you get them, as the one "Soni-bot" that got it took a hit when it was opened.

So thats what the Sonic headed planet is, really nice! And the two player mode looks very fun, better then i expected.

Yes, I'm glad I kept low expectation for it, and although I don't have many friend interested in Sonic, I do have one who still follows the series who will be buying this game with me day one. We'll definitely try this 2-player mode out when we get the chance, it looks pretty fun.

I'm already really exited for his game, and it just keeps getting better. Come on now, SEGA, You dont really want to exeed my expectations, do you? also, that music is FANTASTIC.

The retro-ish music for this game gives me hope yet about the S4 soundtrack being juiced up a bit, seeing as Senoue is in charge of both games.

Looks fucking awesome. DO WANT!!!

So hey! If you watch the double drilling segment, it turns out you attract rings while underground. Pretty cool. And then Diogenes was right about the Chaotix-like tether for the double spikes Wisp. Maybe one player can anchor to a surface while the other one swings and attacks? Still can't figure out the double laser though.