Awoo.

What music are you currently listening to?

SHAX Hedgefox

So, this sorta came out of nowhere, Botnek & I See MONSTAS releasing on Monstercat, and it's a track some people have been waiting 2 years for!

unf.

Such a different version of Fast Car which was originally by Tracy Chapman. Funk has been added but it's still pretty chill.

Well, I've just finished listening to this lovely instrumental piece from Kool & The Gang called "Summer Madness".

It's just... such a lovely song, especially the part past the 2:05 mark, that I just can't not listen to it again. I've always loved it and I will continue to for the rest of my life, really!

• Thumbs Up 1

I was recently listening to Mario Tennis GBC music. The game point and match point songs. Can't get it out of my head now!

I've been listening to a looooot of Disney songs lately to get me motivated and also to get me in the mood for animation, since I'll be self studying it a bit soon. And now I'm starting to fall in love with Disney all over again. I'm listening to the songs in Greek because I honestly think they flow better and have a deeper meaning in the lyrics than the English counterparts. I may as well share some of my favourites here. 

In the journey of life, with what courage you'll see, a lot of things are miraculously similar
And don't be alarmed if your dreams won't come true
But with the obstacles you face, don't get discouraged, we'll always be by your side
Pride and happiness overflows the heart
Together we are all one force
(One breath, one breath, one force) (x2)
But I'd also like to support myself
Advancing on my own, trusting my voice
Learn that in life there are always some guidance by those who created the Earth 
When you laugh or you cry, don't forget that where you go
Together we are all one force
(One breath, one breath, one force) (x2)
You and I are like the sky and the Earth
Two bodies with one soul
You will find the courage in your life when you see
That together we are all one force

As we head towards battle, our enemy calls
All they sent were women, men just gone in smoke
You're god damn wrecks, what the hell is this?
But you children, I still challenge you
Little guy, I'll make you a man
Calm just like a forest, but with a burning passion within
If you find yourself, you'll want nothing but glory
Useless waste, cowardly and dumb, with a gaping mouth
A man in replacement of the child
I'm about to burst like a dam
God, I've made a fool of myself
I've always been such a scrub in gym class (yes I'm serious that's what he actually says)
He's outright terrorized them
Hope he doesn't notice me
I never learned how to swim in school
(You damn guys)
Be quick just like a river
(You damn guys)
We got to be strong typhoons
(You damn guys)
And burn just like fire, with the double faced view of the moon
The Huns are coming, the time is here
Do what I taught you, do it with great spirit
You can't do it, small fry, incompetent
So go on, get out of here
How could I possibly make you a man?
(You damn guys)
(You damn guys)
(You damn guys)
(You damn guys)
(You damn guys)

And also this. It's not overused at all.

The snow hugs the mountain, with no tracks or no voice
A queen in a throne made of ice and silence
It's the silence that's screaming, screaming in pain
How can it be held deep inside me?
No one can suspect, I'll be the good one they knew all their life
The secret can't be lost, but it's known
So I forget, forget it all
I don't look back
I forget it, I move on, I start my life
Enough already, no more strings attached
Just let the Earth freeze
The cold doesn't bother my heart
In the distance, everything seems small
Now all my fears and guilt don't conquer me anymore
Time to learn what I can do
Breaking past my own limits
Just getting out of that prison is enough
So I forget, I forget it all
I become one with the sky
And I forget, I forget it all
I hold back the tears
I'm here, free
Let the Earth freeze
My power rips the atmosphere, landing on Earth
A gushing spirit just like water from a fountain
In just a thought, like an explosion, the mountain melts
To my foggy past, I say farewell and don't come back
And I forget, I forget it all
No more going back to the past
I forget, say farewell
It's time for my new self
Full of life, like a sunrise
Just let the Earth freeze
The cold doesn't bother my heart

Edited by ElectricAngel

Right now, I'm listening to Texas-based instrumental progressive rock outfit Polyphia. I love these guys. There are times when I feel like instrumental acts could be better served with a vocalist, but as times goes on, I've come to appreciate it for what it is. Honestly, I feel like a vocalist would diminish their presentation in some respects. Their music wasn't composed to suit vocals, so they'd lose an aspect of their identity as a unit if they took somebody aboard to act as vocalist. In my mind, it's not like they have no voice. They do have a beautiful voice as it stands, so there's no real no need to act like anything is absent.

I just love this so very much. This is the kind of music I'd like to see in Sonic games. ^_^

Polyphia - "Finale" 

So, I recently bumped into some "official" remixes of songs from Tarzan. My favourite song from the movie has an awesome one, but I don't know it it's actually... official. Supposedly it comes from the German OST? Or they were made for broadcast?? I dunno. I can't find much on them and I can't even find high quality versions, but this is the best quality I could find to share from YouTube. I do love the guitar in this one.

It probably wouldn't fit in the movie all that well, but on its own it's pretty great. 

I've been really digging The Contortionist lately. Honestly, I've just been in a very prog/djent mood, and these guys really capture a great mix of crushing riffs and beautifully melodic passages.

• 3 weeks later...

New years feels like the right time to post this. 

Also been listening to Pop Danthology 2015 and the NEXU Yearmix too. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope this Facebook video shows for everyone. He has this tune on his Soundcloud, but I prefer this version of his improv solo. Immaculate and extremely important trombonist and composer.

Me and my sister has been watching some Transformers Prime lately.

That theme.... it's so good.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've discovered Vaporwave tonight. <3 I love this album, it's so chill. My favorite song off the album is End of the Night.

Castlevania soundtracks. I really like OoE's tunes, I even started playing the story again, now going for the hard mode. I wish there was a remake of CotM or AoS. I don't think I ever finished CotM but it was good.

Anyone who knows me, knows how much I like my Indie Dance/Nu Disco stuff. LVTHER knocked it out the part with this remix. The video is a bit eh. But the song is absolutely solid.

(oh and also, If you ever like any of the stuff I post on this thread, you can always get a hold of me however to chat music :D)

• Thumbs Up 1

A band I really like released a new music video for their latest album last month, and I didn't have the slightest idea.

Veil of Maya - "Aeris"

Dear Lord, I love the entire Matriarch album. I'm so glad they found a great replacement vocalist in Lukas Magyar. The dude can sing. Anyway, I love this clip. It was done in the same style as their last video for "Mikasa". I just love the direction they're headed! I can't wait to see what they'll do next. I can't get enough of their new music. 

I've been shooting a music video for my film class, and I'm using the song below. Had to listen to it a lot for shot inspirations and ideas. I love this theme as it brings so much nostalgia of the franchise that REALLY got me into LEGO. I also love the remixes given to it throughout the 6+ seasons Ninjago has been on the air. Seriously, it's a fun show.

I've been recently listening to the Knockout Challenge music from Mario Tennis Ultra Smash. So nice and upbeat heh.