Awoo.

What music are you currently listening to?

SHAX Hedgefox

I do love this, also. Is that a "Rollin' 'round like Sonic" as a lyric in there. I wanna say yes. :P

Strange Invisible - California Noir: Chapter One - Analog Beaches and Digital Cities - Julien-K

Again...

For the last year, the mysterious Karma Fields has been releasing tracks which led up to the release of their album today, and it really is something magnificent. 

It's rare that classical music enters my shifting palette but hey, this is nice so why not. 

Ellie Goulding - Something In The Way You Move

I have just been obsessed with this song in the past few days. And this song really makes me want to dance. Even though I can't dance... 

"Roll, Ninja, Ninja Roll! Do the Ninja Roll!"

Another reason why Season 4 is awesome. So many songs by The Fold.

I was watching Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water lately and I've been listening to this track after since I first heard it. Seriously, I freaking love this track:

Recently I've been listening to Frozen Factory Zone 1 from Sonic Lost World. It's one of those songs that make me happy.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, I happened to catch this on my random scour of recent dance releases, and it's so refreshing to find something that's ridiculously melodic. Need more music like this.

Also, Garrix's latest track is pretty spectacular.

Well I've been in a Tamil music addiction for a while, there's this movie I'm particularly hyped for this April, Theri (Tamil for Spark). And the music for the movie got launched at the 20th so with Theri's music and the Sonic SXSW panel happening last weekend, it's probably one of the more memorable weekends of my time. Anyway, I really love the songs. So I guess, here's a short album review I guess? Oh did, I forget to mention this is the composer's 50th movie he did music for?

Jithu Jilladi - An upbeat folk-pop(ish) song that sings praise to Indian police (which makes sense since Theri is a cop movie). The main singer for this song is Deva (a veteran Tamil music composer and singer) so hearing him sing this song is quite nice. At first, I wasn't really feeling it (ha, Shulk jokes fam) but after listening to it a couple more times, I've grown to like a lot more. I don't really love it but it's a really good song.

En Jeevan - The composer, GV Prakash (nephew to Oscar-award winning composer AR Rahman) is well-known for his slow paced melodic songs and this song is wonderfully composed. The singers, Hariharan (an another well-experienced singer) and GV's wife, Saindhavi really captured the romantic feel of the song. Just another really good song as well.

Eena Meena Teeka - A song that sounds really different to most Tamil songs I listen to and it's pretty peppy and upbeat (I have a strong liking to energetic/fast-paced songs). This song is about the relationship between father and daughter, the singers are the composer himself, GV Prakash and Uthara Unnikrishnan (the young daughter of yet another experienced and respected singer) really caught that cheerful and cheeky chemistry between father-daughter. A really great song, if I say so myself.

Chella Kutti - My personal favorite song out of the album. The reason is that the main actor of the movie, (Joseph Vijay Chandrashekar, who's my personal favorite Tamil actor) sang this song. He sang about 25 or so songs in his career but it helps that his mom is a singer as well so I guess he got his mom's talents. The song is a peppy, upbeat romance song so I'm guaranteed to really like it already. The female singer, Neeti Mohan (a singer that recently began to sing Tamil songs since 2014 but has sang songs in other Indian languages since 2009) was great and helped bump up the energy the song had even more. I heard complaints that some people don't really like how Vijay was autotuned since his voice is already a great singing voice naturally but I wasn't too bothered by it. Also I loved how it started with Chipmunks and bagpipes, I just love this song.

Thaimai - Another slow-paced song and it sounds just as beautiful and graceful as En Jeevan although shorter. Bombay Jayashree sang beautifully and the overall composition was quite pleasant to the ears. 

Raangu - A peppy folkpop(ish) romance song and I too really liked it! What made me really like it was the singer T. Rajender since he's more known to sing really over-the-top (though that's not a bad thing, I like that kind of cheese in some sngs) but for this song, he was singing pretty normally and he sounded great! I was just really impressed so yeah.

And finally, Dub Theri Step - Yeah, that's right, Tamil music now has the wub-wubs and sweet hot sauce Christmas cake, do I love it! Although it's not just dubstep, they added in some rap to it as well and it fitted with the song as well. The drops pack a punch and it just makes you hype AF! I love it!

So yeah, I really like Theri's music and thanks for reading this mediocre album review, I guess. :P

Listening to The Amazing Spider-Man 2's score after watching it for a second time. Say what you want about the film and I have my own gripes with it too, but that score is amazing. Here's just one of the many great tracks.

You know those songs that you hear and they give you an unimaginable burst of happiness?

This is one of those songs for me.

Discovered it earlier this week and legit had the best day in a long time a few days ago just from listening to it on repeat while working.

• 2 weeks later...

If There Is Something - Roxy Music 

This is one of those songs that can't really be described easily. Seriously it is mesmerizing. One of the best songs ever made. 

Am ridiculously in love with Shinsuke's WWE music. He's gonna have so many great moments.

I never imagined or predicted that it would eventually come to this, but 2016 is the year when I finally discovered and explored what this whole Vocaloid stuff is all about. (Yes, I'm very very late to the party, I know. But then again, I never considered myself a 100% hardcore otaku, and I'm still not really one now, despite having waifus and having been harassed by infidels for having them.)

So anyways, yeah, I discovered Vocaloid songs and MMD videos while browsing YouTube at midnight on my lonely weekends. (Quite a typical and unoriginal way of discovering it, I'm guessing.) And now I'm addicted to these several songs right here:

They're now residing in my playlist alongside all of the hardcore dubstep and drum-n-bass, and I can't stop replaying them. it's like a disease. I only get more and more crazy with my age. :/

Totally gotten into this after playing through it so much on Audiosurf 2.

I watched Oreimo over the past 2 weeks and yeah, it's so good. I've been in a really big anime mood again and Oreimo, while a bit strange, is definitely a lot of fun to watch.