Awoo.

You Know You've Played Too Much Sonic When...?

Glenn

When you are doing a level design analysis of Generations levels with the original levels while on the bus. 

Here is some of mine~

-When your Friends and Family tell you to stop talking about it.

-When you want a WiiU for SLW so you can play it like everyone else.

-When you get happy because you're one of the fastest at your school.

-When you think about Sonic on a regular basis.

When you're given a new game (Pikmin 3), you cannot play it cause you're too obsessed with Sonic games that you can't play any other game properly. 

• Thumbs Up 1

One day, I thought I was hearing a LOT Sonic sound effects. Like rings, Sonic jumping from Sonic 1.

It has gone on for 2 days, but I did not find it annoying, just relaxing.

Also every single time I see the color BLUE, I instantly think anout Sonic and my stomach turns and my heart hops.

When you make a very professional looking fan comic, along with subconsciously creating a "original the character do not steal", 90% of the songs you've downloaded are Sonic related and when you start implementing Sonic in your school projects. Oh, and when you've had so much Sonic, you get sick of hearing or reading the word Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

I still know Tikal's Prayer.. "The servers are the seven chaos. Chaos is power, power enriched by the heart. The controller serves to unify the chaos." :P Once in high school I wrote that on the chalkboard and some people thought it was some deep quote filled with meaning. XD Hilarious!

I can relate most things to Sonic. Completely unrelated stuff. ._.;

I still know Tikal's Prayer.. "The servers are the seven chaos. Chaos is power, power enriched by the heart. The controller serves to unify the chaos." tongue.png Once in high school I wrote that on the chalkboard and some people thought it was some deep quote filled with meaning. XD Hilarious!

I can relate most things to Sonic. Completely unrelated stuff. ._.;

But it IS a deep quote filled with meaning!

But it IS a deep quote filled with meaning!

In the game it is! However, high schoolers who don't even touch platformers think differently.

When you register on two forums using the name of a Sonic video game because you originally thought that you needed a Sonic name to fit in with everyone, so you couldn't come up with anything original to use. 

And that's how the username "Sonic CD" came into existence...

When you register on two forums using the name of a Sonic video game because you originally thought that you needed a Sonic name to fit in with everyone, so you couldn't come up with anything original to use. 

And that's how the username "Sonic CD" came into existence...

Oh.... I thought you just liked the game a lot and that's why your using it as your avatar and signature. Guess I was dead wrong. All this time, Sonic CD HATES Sonic CD!

You think Onion Rings are Power Up rings.

You accidentally bounce on the dog thinking it will poof into dust releasing another animal

You know the lyrics to Escape the City by heart

You are one of three people. One who likes Sonic 1, One who doesn't like Sonic 1 but Likes Sonic 2, And One who says F*ck those two games, I'm sticking to Sonic 3

You have the 'BRING' sound as your text tone 

You've argued on many forums on the subject of 'The Lightseed Dash' 

You let your little sibling play as Tails out of spite

You played as Tails out of spite

Oh.... I thought you just liked the game a lot and that's why your using it as your avatar and signature. Guess I was dead wrong. All this time, Sonic CD HATES Sonic CD!

Well, after thinking of what Sonic game to use, I decided to go with Sonic CD because that is my #1 favorite Sonic game of all time. XD

To me, you know when you have been playing too much if you start dreaming about various Sonic related things to where you either are dreaming up fanfic or other story ideas in your sleep, or you are involved in something Sonic related while sleeping.

Also, like others, whenever you hear the ring noise, it does grab your attention. Apparently a lot of computer cash registers use a ring sound that sounds just like the ring sound effect. I'm not sure if it is the same sound, but it sounds similar.

• Thumbs Up 2

Also, like others, whenever you hear the ring noise, it does grab your attention. Apparently a lot of computer cash registers use a ring sound that sounds just like the ring sound effect. I'm not sure if it is the same sound, but it sounds similar.

That has been happening to me.

When you can't even open your old school homework diaries for sweet memories because a certain blue hedgehog's face is plastered over everything. If my doodles aren't Sonic, they're Knuckles, the Chaos Emeralds, Shadow, Eggman, Green Hill, item boxes and the like. 

Screw memories, Sonic is WORTH IT!

EDIT: By "memories," I mean chats and messages from me and my friends to each other. Noughts and crosses in the margins, notes all over the place, the like. BUT MOSTLY SAWNICK.

Edited by Kamakai

When you use the ring sound effect as your SMS notification sound. Yes, I do that. It's awesome. It gives me the chance to say 'You got a ring!' randomly, and it's really a sound you hear very well even over noise. happy.png

When you see a tv and smash it with a hammer thinking you'll get some prize like running shoes or shield. smile.png

That would get expensive really fast ya know =P

Another thing in my mind to let you know when you have played too much Sonic is when you are constantly thinking about how other series characters may fit well in the game worlds of Sonic or how Sonic would likely merge well with other video games. Examples being the Ty series, The Sly series and maybe even starfox series. Any series that has animals like this just make me wonder how these universe's may merge and such well. So over thinking it all is another thing.

That would get expensive really fast ya know =P

Another thing in my mind to let you know when you have played too much Sonic is when you are constantly thinking about how other series characters may fit well in the game worlds of Sonic or how Sonic would likely merge well with other video games. Examples being the Ty series, The Sly series and maybe even starfox series. Any series that has animals like this just make me wonder how these universe's may merge and such well. So over thinking it all is another thing.

All of this. Especially with something like Ratchet and Clank.

When I'm in a car or any automobile for that matter, I look out of the window and just make up a Sonic level outside. (Chicago Rush act 1 is my favorite level so far).

When I was little, I keep on trying to mimic Sonic jump... and you can tell how that turn out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of the car, when I was a bit younger, I did imagine myself sometimes going fast in some of the more open empty areas while playing some Sonic music on the radio. It was always sweet going a bit faster while that music was playing in the car. I know it likely wasn't smart to be going a lot faster like that and I have learned about that since then. Yeah, going faster in a car can sometimes make you feel like Sonic a bit more than just simply running when you aren't a runner yourself.