Photo

Phantasy Star Online 2! Open Beta now!

• Please log in to reply
554 replies to this topic

#41 gato

gato

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:11 AM

A little summary of the media briefing.

I'm really digging that red HUcast, and now I can skate?

Just announce the game in the wset so you can recieve my meseta SEGA.

EDIT: more goods I forgot to add.

Screens of awesome.

Another summary (this one a little more detailed).

Edited by gato, 27 July 2011 - 12:29 AM.

#42 Kamille Bidan

Kamille Bidan
  • Twitch:strawhat89
  • NNID:TheFlamingC
  • PSN:StrawHat89

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:41 AM

I hope they release it for consoles too. My laptop's getting a bit old, so I'm a bit wary about how well it will run it even though it exceeds the requirements with ease. Parts get old, you know?

#43 gato

gato

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:03 PM

♪ More iiinfoooooooo ♪.

I got a bit worried when they mentioned linking techs to weapons but it doesn't seem to work in the same way as in PSU, also, they mentioned mags so it's all forgiven. :V

BTW I'm guessing all of you who read this thread should already know it, but the alpha test will start next month (can't remember the day though) so I'm guessing we are going to keep getting more infos (and hopefully some of the usual crap quality cam footage) during the next days.

Edited by gato, 28 July 2011 - 10:23 PM.

#44 Remz

Remz
  • Steam:remz2k
  • NNID:remz22 ? I think?
  • XBL:Ninjasandwhich
  • PSN:remz92

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:36 PM

Casts look awesome. The whole game looks awesome. So ready to throw Meseta at this.

#45 JezMM

JezMM
  • Skype:"jez-mm" (or if you use Trillian, add me directly using "jez.mm" on there)
  • Steam:JezMM
  • NNID:Jez-MM

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:12 PM

The customisation looks so awesome... after dabbling in PSP2 and being dissapointed that it was super hard to recreate my PSO characters on it despite having "more" customisation, this looks far more like I can. I mean I don't want exact replicas, I just grew attached to my PSO guys and therefore wanna see em all pretty and detailed and HD etc. 8C

#46 gato

gato

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:18 PM

Guys, remember that thing I posted like... Yesterday? The summary including details about worlds, techs, classes, units, mags and other stuff?

Well now we have some screen about the units coming from this week's edition of the official Phantasy Star Online 2 Japanese newsletter.

Units

• Units exist in this game.
  • They can be equipped to your arms, back and legs.
  • Units can be additional costume parts for your character.
  • When equipped, units can change certain visuals of your costume.
  • Units can boost abilities such as defense and attribute rates.

HUmar showing cool arm units:

Posted Image

RAcaseal showing back (or leg) units:

Posted Image

Posted Image

FOmarl with units:

Posted Image

HUney carrying so much junk that she will end up with a several spinal condition. (the joke it's funnier if you have been reading the PSOworld forums since the day the first screens appeared)

Posted Image

Source.

Forum thread.

EDIT:

Meet the rest of the gang!

Spoiler

DAT FONEWM...

He is going to pimp-foie some bithces.

EDIT2:

Now meet the HUcast:

Spoiler

It's similar to the PS0 model, it also looks like a red EVA...

*imokaywiththis.png*

EDIT3: moar updates.

Have some awesome screens from the official site. Now with more HUcaseal, you can also notice that the items look like... Items instead of coloured boxes. (not sure if want)

Another summary. But this one comes with more screens and some concept art.

UPDATE (not numbering nor putting EDIT's any longer) 08/01/11: The summary in my previous edit has been updated, now it includes a little explanation about the differences between the concept art FOney and the in-game FOney, it explains that differences are because the in-game model is a placeholder for the alpha test, this could mean that some (if not most) of the desings we are seeing right now in the screens might not be final. (as it's to be expected, since we are in alpha phase)

Another example could be the FOcast, which concept art looks quite different to the current in-game model. (or so I'm being told, I can't remember how the in-game model looked like :P )

Edited by gato, 01 August 2011 - 11:12 PM.

#47 gato

gato

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:16 PM

Okay... l've been trying to avoid double posting but I can't add more pics to my posts and we had some important announcment today so...

First of all I'll update with all the things I couldn't add in my last post.

Someone posted the names of some enemies we've seen so far.

The summary I've already posted was updated with the translated names.

Also some extra concept art popped out:

Awesome FOcast.
Spoiler

HUnewearl:
Spoiler

Some little quote I got from an unrelated article (it was about PSP2i):

Well now after looking at a bunch of sources, we know officially the ダーカー (Dahka/Darker) is the enemy the Arks is fighting against. Gpara described them as a space life form. Not much info is known other than that.

Moar dahka! :V

But the most important thing today is that they've finally announced the alpha test dates!

• Alpha Test Start Dates
    • August 18th, 16:00 ~ 23:00 [Test 1]
    • August 19th, 18:00 ~ 23:00 [Test 1]
    • August 23rd, 16:00 ~ 23:00 [Test 2]
    • August 26th, 16:00 ~ August 27th 23:00 [Test 3]
  • Please note the schedule can change suddenly.

And that's it for now. Hope we can get some impressions next week. :D

#48 Neon

Neon

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:15 PM

Thanks for al the updates, Gato. Posted Image

PSO2 is looking great. The Cast artwork is extremely badass.

#49 gato

gato

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:00 PM

Media briefing translated, now you can understand what Sakai was babling about while you looked at the pretty footage.

But that's not all.

It begins!
Posted Image
So awesome! /)^3^(\

Player's site is finally open!

Official PSO2 Twitter in all it's japanese glory.

Some random info from random places from random anons, take it with a grain of salt:

List with litle tidbits, the thing is getting updated every once in a while but I'm not sure how many updates we will get untill the 18th:

The following information is based on users relaying information on what they see within the site. Information is collected from 2ch, twitter, and Japanese blogs and comments.

• Alpha Test User Info
  • nProtect Gameguard is utilized in the Alpha test version of Phantasy Star Online 2.
  • “It is forbidden to disclose information to any outside websites, forums, video sites, twitter, etc.
  • Mags, My room, and the Item Trade Functions are not available in the Alpha Test.
  • PSU Lobby Actions are temporary, they have plans to implement new lobby actions in the future.
  • Auto Word and a new Chat Feature is coming in the future.
  • Manga Iconography (ex. Sweat Drop) can be placed below text balloons.
  • Alpha Test Restrictions
  • Class Level up to Level 20. Alpha test gives access to some skills.
  • Only 5 weapon categories with access to some PAs and some Technics.
  • Can’t change your class during the Alpha Test (After you’ve chosen initial class?)
  • Can’t change your Costume, or form during alpha test (After you’ve made the character?)
  • Interrupt Event, only some patterns and variations are available.
  • There will be a minimum amount of explanation regarding the general setting of PSO2 in the alpha test. As for the story elements, this won’t be featured in the alpha test. In the future,they have plans to have a full fledged story.
  • Available Features
  • Three Races, Three Classes to choose from.
  • Multiparty System, Random Field, Photon Sensitive Effect.
  • Forest field and later the Volcano Caverns Field
  • Quest Counter, Skill Counter, Item Shop, Weapon Shop.
  • Friend, Black List
  • Alpha Test Save Data
  • After the Alpha Test is over, save data is reset and is not transferred to future tests.
  • Photon Arts
  • Twister Fall (Wired Lance? PA?)
  • Force Skill Tree
  • Flame Mastery > Photon Flare > Flame Tech S Charge
  • Ice Mastery > Freeze Ignition > Freeze Tech Boost
  • Mirage Escape
  • Bolt Mastery > Bolt Tech PP Save
  • Gamepad (3 Sources)
  • Official Site listed Recommended Gamepads.
  • Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
  • ELECOM USBtoPS/PS2 Gamepad Converter
  • BUFFALO USB Gamepad 16 Button
  • Logicool PC GameController GPX-500
  • Rumble Gamepad F310
  • Rumble Gamepad F510
  • Wireless Gamepad F710
  • EXA PSU AOTI Official Gamepad

Class Specific Evasion Actions:

So far it was discovered through screenshots that there are class specific evasive actions. In previous screenshots it was revealed Hunters have “Step”, in today’s screenshot it was revealed Forces have “Mirage Escape” and we’re awaiting for news on the Ranger Evasion Action but 2ch reports the name as “Dive Roll”

• Hunters: Step
  • Rangers: Dive Roll (Name Awaiting Verification)
  • Force: Mirage Escape
Although it was shown in previous promo videos that Forces could teleport short distances, we wonder if “Mirage Escape” is the same teleporting feature. Videos also show that Rangers can indeed dive to the side just like in Phantasy Star Portable 2 series.
Also of note, Hunters seem to have exclusive use of Guard. The force skill tree so far doesn’t seem to have that skill.

2 extra pieces of concept art:

FOmarl:
Spoiler

FOnewm (I love this desing so much):
Spoiler

Update 08/16/11:

Have the title screen music. (not sure if legit, I'm still downloading the thing)

EDIT: Seems legit, considering it's the same one we've heard in the media briefing, but it looks like it got taken down, I'll see what I can do about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUBB_RzO7oQ

Update 08/17/11:

Okay, the video above is not the title screen music, is the login screen one, I got a second file that shows (only in audio) someone booting the client, going trough the title screen and accesing to the login menu (where an error appears because he can't access untill tomorrow).

I'll upload it but I don't think it's worth it, I think we can wait for some cleaner versions. :V

Edited by gato, 17 August 2011 - 07:02 PM.

#50 gato

gato

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

Alpha test is here!

(And some unrelated PSP2:i info)

Gameplay video! (downloading as I type, it might take me the whole day though so it's up to you guys to check it)
Source of the video.

Some screen with japanese text I don't get:

Spoiler

Some japanese guy screenshots (I say japanese so you know what kind of "shots" you should expect)

Spoiler

I'll keep updating as the day goes, I might have to do some double posting if something big pops out, sorry in advance for that.

Update: Youtube recording of a stream (I don't know if it's the same video I already posted, my internet is like those old 56k conections >_>)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAfb8-UywC8

Edited by gato, 18 August 2011 - 06:22 PM.

#51 JezMM

JezMM
  • Skype:"jez-mm" (or if you use Trillian, add me directly using "jez.mm" on there)

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:15 PM

Promising stuff so far. The more character customisations we see the better, I'm just dying to know how easy it'll be to recreate my PSO1 characters in HD. =D

EDIT: Vid didn't work for me. Wouldn't play and when I tried to skip through it it was just 10 minutes of black with no sound. D=

Edited by JezMM, 18 August 2011 - 05:31 PM.

#52 Kamille Bidan

Kamille Bidan

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:32 PM

It's a good thing my brother has a computer that blows the requirements of this game out of the water, because I don't know if my laptop would run it too well.

#53 gato

gato

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

More Youtube (again, it could be the same video, I don't know, my internet is killing me, at least I know this one is longer)

EDIT: okay I watched the vids, the first movie (the one in Megaupload) works so Jez, you might want to check your player or redownload the file.

Both Youtube videos are the same, but the short one has lower streaming quality and it shows a little more of the interface at the end.

EDIT2: The enemy AI needs some improvement and the dodge seems a bit overpowered, but I'm guessing this is going to be fixed later. (alpha build and stuff)

Edited by gato, 18 August 2011 - 08:22 PM.

#54 JezMM

JezMM

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:46 PM

Oh man the forest area is SO open! He's jumping all over that shit! Where the hell are the doors? WHAT MADNESS IS THIS.

Eeee a chunky percentage of the sound effects are the same as PSO without being so many there's no sense of newness. The lobbies look big and epic like the originals did (well not ORIGINAL originals, the Dreamcast ones were kinda lame). Music sounds PSO. Everything is just so...

ARGH I WANT IT.

Hope someone makes a vid of character creation. In particular I want to see if there are plenty of costumes from the start. Only non-PSO Phantasy Star game I've played is PSP2 which, while good, I hated that you only get like 3 or 4 outfits at the start and must buy the rest.

Edited by JezMM, 18 August 2011 - 07:48 PM.

#55 Kamille Bidan

Kamille Bidan

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

Get this to America and Europe as soon as you fucking can, SEGA. AS SOON AS YOU FUCKING CAN.

#56 Remz

Remz
  • Steam:remz2k
  • NNID:remz22 ? I think?
  • XBL:Ninjasandwhich
  • PSN:remz92

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:53 PM

Hope they have some sort of Beta/Alpha for the west. I'd be all over that.

#57 gato

gato

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:51 PM

People say this is a new video, can't load it right now.

EDIT: I'm reading that the video got took down (funny enough, I'm still downloading it)

So here is a Megaupload link courtesy of Blueblur @ the PSOWorld forums.

Edited by gato, 19 August 2011 - 02:54 AM.

#58 JezMM

JezMM

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:10 AM

New indeed, I only skipped through but it's much more in-depth than the previous one. A lot less standing around and a lot more doing stuff. Also gave us a not-too-detailed but not-too-brief look at the character creation.

Also boob-jiggle physics confirmed it seems to those that care. Lol.

#59 Meow

Meow

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:15 AM

Also boob-jiggle physics confirmed it seems to those that care. Lol.

I care, I care a lot. Because where there is boob physics there is now hope that I can recreate my usual red haired fat afro unibrow'd FUNNYLOLZ character and hope that perhaps his man boobs might ALSO have physics.

Its a longshot, but it is a dream I hold deep in my heart.

#60 Nitwit_Speed

Nitwit_Speed

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:53 AM

My PC better be able to handle this. I thought getting the original PSO for the gamecube would help to fix my longing for this, but what did it do? It made it worse. This is going to be absolutely amazing! I can't wait to find out some more about the storyline, too. itt'd be nice if they started to tie things together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users