Awoo.

Phantasy Star Online 2! Open Beta now!

Dr. SEGA Monkey

Wait, so are the areas gonna be reimaginings of the PSO Ep1 places, or are the first two stages just Forest and Caves for a bit of nostalgia etc?

Edited by gato

Hunter Charge attack!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5szq_lG64E

All of that for 11EXP lol.

Edit: This sword is freaking huge! Jeez and I thought the pso2 Zanba was huge but this is downright insane! I'm gonna laugh so hard when I see a tiny loli run by wielding this bad boy.

up132568.jpg

DRAGON VIDEO

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/JAJwD0qePPk/

Edited by Omnis Doc Invictus
  • Thumbs Up 2

www.dotup.org1954835.jpg

What is this I don't even...

I was holding up the updates but I see Omnis got the dragon vid before me. :V

I blame my need for sleep.

Anyways, here you can find little bits of info about the alpha test. (this post might get updated later)

And a bunch of videos from some guy. (not sure if new) CAST GAMEPLAY!!! <3 (though people say it's choppy, I still haven't seen the video so I can't comment).

Youtube link of the dragon vid.

*Hype*

• Thumbs Up 1

Question: Is this an MMO? It looks a shit ton better than Old Republic.

Edited by Omnis Doc Invictus

There used to be a lot of bitching discussion regarding what kind of game PSO is/was.

Some people don't like to consider it an MMO because it doesn't have the gigantic comunitty some MMO's have.

And since you are limited to 4 people per party the Massive part of the genre is... Not there.

I guess you could call it MORPG?

There used to be a lot of bitching discussion regarding what kind of game PSO is/was.

Some people don't like to consider it an MMO because it doesn't have the gigantic comunitty some MMO's have.

And since you are limited to 4 people per party the Massive part of the genre is... Not there.

I guess you could call it MORPG?

They were just fighting over that just before the alpha test on PSO world.

I like to pretend we got over that. :(

Like I do here with "green eyes" and "boost to win". :(

Sorta... It's a multiplayer online RPG as your limited to 4 person parties or 12 person parties for specific areas. It's like Vindictus and if that's considered a MMORPG then I guess PSO2 would be too.

Who the fuck wants to co-operate with 12 people to beat a single entity? It is hard enough with 2 on Portal.

Who the fuck wants to co-operate with 12 people to beat a single entity? It is hard enough with 2 on Portal.

Hahah, not much of an MMO guy? Wow raids and stuff can reach like 40 players, right? :L
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hahah, not much of an MMO guy? Wow raids and stuff can reach like 40 players, right? :L

I just never understood the desire to get with a bunch of people I don't know and will never see again to go in a deep dark dungeon to complete a singular task.

It sounds like an orgy.

I don't think we are going to have any more footage untill TGS, but here are some little bits of info for those who care about it.

Thinking about it, we might get more official screens i a few days, they upload screens in a monthly basis IIRC.

UPDATE (09/03): Some info about the customization process.

The lack of CAST choices is... disappointing to say the least, but I guess I should expect that from an alpha test.

Forgot yo add the concept art:

RAmar and RAcaseal:

296014_203164503081561_184356218295723_544620_7740476_n.jpg

321409_203164929748185_184356218295723_544621_5663160_n.jpg

UPDATE (09/05): Another article with some extra screens and some info about the bigger (boss?) enemies.

EDIT: from that very same post.

Then you enter the field. On planet Naberius (Naverius) you play in the Forest area. On planet Amduscia, you play in the Volcano area.

So far we can say we have only 1 level per planet. It's not confirmed, but it's what the current info suggests.

EDIT: Here is a little alpha video I forgot to share. Thanks to Mizunos for the link.

Edited by Octavia

Important update?

Important update.

Today the official PSO2 site updated with a little video showcasing the alpha, the size of the thing is huge and it lasts 33 minutes so I'm guessing it will be worth the wait (or full of Sakai talking about stuff we MIGHT already know).

But that's not all, this is only the first of a 3 part show, the second part will show how th quest system works and the third one will be a "fight against the dragon!".

So keep an eye on this post, I'll update it as soon as the other videos appear. wink.png

Or... Check the Oficial site... Or... Wherever you look for your PSO2 info... Any of those is fine.

I forgot to add, those attending at TGS will get a mouse pad:

mousepad.jpg

Nothing to see here, except for some FOney art, also, that RAcast looks happy to me. o_o

EDIT: TGS Schedule and some toot you can get from there.

UPDATE (09/08):

(and I still couldn't download the first one) 17 Minutes of PSO2 goodness.

UPDATE (09/12): Third video is up!

Edited by Octavia

• 2 weeks later...

I want this game.

No....

I NEED THIS GAME.

So excited that last trailer just got me rarin' to play this. Then again any video thus far has made me really excited to play this...but this one made me SUPERPUMPED. I await the next trailer because it will probably make me feel like this all over again. Still though, this game is going to rule.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I think most of us saw this coming, the game got delayed.

But I still recomend checking this link, since it also includes a bunch of reuqest made by alpha test players (with answers from the staff) and an interview with Sakai made by Famitsu.

UPDATE (10/11):

New concept art.

PSO2-Concept-2.jpg

FOcasey! (creepy legs are creepy)

Edited by Octavia

• 3 weeks later...

thumb-pso2-mags.jpg

Mag concept art! Also I was going to post up the artwork that Octavia already posted, but he obviously beat me to it :P. I didn't realize stuff was being posted in this thread still!

As for the delay I am okay with it, I'd rather PSO2 launch and be stellar from the get go :)

Yeah, I'm not really fond of double posting and thread bumping when it's just some minor things like concept art, so most of the time I edit my last post (or wait for someone else to post the news)

I really like that MAG, it touches me in my nostalgia spots. *-*

Also, you might want to mention that the MAG picture comes from the new official Phantasy Star blog.

Notice that I didn't say Online (nor 2), this is an official blog for everything related to the Phantasy Star series, which means you can also get some info from the portable series, or even Universe!.There might also be some info about the browser game "Phantasy Star: Eternal Planets".

Of course, everything in japanese.

Edited by Octavia

• 1 month later...

Okay I've been holding off from updating this so I could justify a double post.

So here is what you've missed if you haven't eben paying attention:

- FOney and FOcasey default costumes.

- A little info on enemies and more default costumes.

- MOAR COSTUMES!!1! (did I ever tell you how much I lvoe FOnewm's default? I think I'll be using that one except for the white hair)

- Interface changes for alpha test 2, "My Room" and "Item Lab". (I'm really excited about the latter one)

- Alpha test 2 singup! (the recruitment will go from December 15 to January 17. Needless to say, the test will be Japan only)

- Official site update, with a little info about the Item Lab, "My Room" and MAGs.

If I find something else I'll edit this post. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Updates for the update throne!

First things first, have some screens of the interface changes we will see in alpha 2:

PSO2-Main-Menu-Change.jpg

TBH, I liked the bars in the upper corner more.

PSO2-Status-Display.jpg

HORY SHET!

And last but (definitely) not least, we also had a media briefing for christmas eve that I couldn't watch (you know, real life? Family? That kind of things), so have some screenshots dump and a recap!

And even more info.

DAT (remix) MUSIC!

DEM CHARACTER DESIGNS!

DAT RACAST BEING AWESOME! (Cast supremacy yo!)

DAT... Jumping?... They really like to jump! laugh.png

*hype*

EDIT: Thanks to (PSO-World's member) Jonathan_F we have a full recording of the event!

First part.

Second part.

*Dowloading as I post this, might have some opinions to share later*

Later: we don't see a lot here, but we take a good look at the mission counter, the grinding process, "My Room" and a second movie with the same music as the trailer, but showcasing some ingame action (and showing us the HUnewm costume... If you can call that a costume... X_x)

UPDATE (12/27): Official site updated with more screens.

And a little info about the "Vision Phone" feature. (did I read wrong or do I have to go to these things whenever I want to invite my friends? That sounds annoying)

Edited by gatornament
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

pso2-alpha-download.jpg

IT BEGINS!

Alpha Test 2 Start Dates Japan

• January 27th, 16:00 to 23:00 JST
  • January 28th, 18:00 to 26:00 JST
  • February 1st, 16:00 to 23:00 JST
  • February 3, 15:00 through Feb 4, 23:00 (32 hours continuously)

Alpha Test 2 Start Dates Eastern Standard Time
    • January 27th, 2AM to 9AM
    • January 28th, 4AM to 12PM
    • February 1st, 2AM to 9AM
    • February 3rd, 1AM to Feb 4th 9AM

Alpha Test 2 Start Dates Pacific Standard Time

• January 26th, 11PM to 6AM
      • January 28th, 1AM to 9AM
      • January 31st, 11PM to 6AM
      • February 2nd, 10PM to Feb 4th 6AM

Alpha Test 2 Start Dates Greenwich Mean Time

[*]January 27th, 07:00 to 14:00