Awoo.

Phantasy Star Online 2! Open Beta now!

Dr. SEGA Monkey

Okay! I'm going to clean up this post a little...

Cayenne's massive video dump. (by many users, he just put them together)

Skill Tree's and other useful info translated by Eclipse 5632.

Alpha test screenshot's thread (Started by Serephim)

Also, check this little post for some thoughts about the game.

SEGABits (and many other comunities tongue.png ) member ezodragon leaves us his impressions about the alpha

As for myself, I find the game to be as astounding as I first saw it, my main concern is still about how easy it seems, I know the enmies do considerable damage when they hit you but this is hardly going to happen to any good player considering how many options you have to defend yourself... I can only hope the AI gets better as the difficulty increases. Silly me, forgot the OP dodge was supposed to have been fixed here (i've only managed to see a not so good player today, so I took for granted he was getting hit because he just sucked)... I still would love a better AI on harder difficulties though.

Having said that the battles in a full party were quite intense, and the video of the Rockbear boss battle was awesome! (I'm kind of disappointed about using the same music as the dragon, but I blaming this on the fact we are still on alpha stage).

As for the music, it was good, forest doesn't sound as good as in the original (and I don't really like how the OST seems to be composed of mini tracks that sometimes repeat each other, but I guess the official OST CD is going to fix that for me biggrin.png ). Caves was a huge improvement over PSO though.

The alpha is going to start again today (actually, I think it's going right now) and the 3rd, I'll update this post if I get to find something new.

UPDATE 02/04: Okay! Alpha is finally over, and I'm sure had a blast watching it... I bet it was funnier to play it... I wish I could play this game. :(

Anyway,the threads I linked are still going (I believe there are still some videos waiting to be uploaded as I'm posting this) and we have a little more tidbits from that blog I don't really know how to call it. DX

A bit of a status report made by Sakai.

A lot of info about the Item Lab. (I'm a bit ashamed to confess, I'm struggling to get some parts but the only thing I can understand is that the weapons grind seems to be a bit like PSU, which I don't like one bit)

Autoword feature (as seen in PSP2).

And that's it! I hope you have enjoyed this alpha as much as I did. :D

Edited by gato

• 1 month later...

Okay, Update time!

First we have some awesome concept art.

RAcast:

RACast.jpg

RAnewm: (by far my favorite costume of this batch <3)

newman-ranger.jpg

HUcaseal:

HuCaseal.jpg

RAnewearl: (who looks awfully similar to the RAcaseal)

pso2-ranewearl-concept.jpg

With the RAnewearl post we also had a small report about a poll that happened after the Alpha 2,

Sakai also told us that we should expect some sort of announcement regarding the closed beta this March (no specific time), it was also announced that PSO2 (probably the alpha build) will be playable at Dengeki Game Festival which starts this March 18th. :)

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.siliconer...aystation-vita/

Phantasy Star Online 2 is currently in development for the PC, but the game will also be released on the PlayStation Vita, Sony revealed at their “Game Heaven” web presentation today.

The PlayStation Vita version of Phantasy Star Online 2 will feature crossplay with the PC version.

Okay I have a reason to get a PS Vita now =D I've been wanting a console version but a PS Vita ver will do me nicely =D

Edited by Shaddix Leto Croft
  • Thumbs Up 1

Indeed...

Here is a video of the announcement.

And some things to note about this portable version:

Although it may look so low res currently, keep in mind that the PSVita version is less than 10% complete. The 3d models, shadows, and shaders are at the lowest setting. These will be improved upon once the game is optimized so it can look close in comparison to the PC version.

The PSVita version share the same server, the same data, and the same characters. Therefor the game saves are stored online and it shall be an online only game.

And some extra art (it's a big batch now so I'll just link it, blame SSMB's picture limit):

PSO2's "boosted enemies (as seen in PSZ and PSPo2), eye scream much?

Concept Art:

RAmarl

FOmar

Female shopkeeper

Male shopkeeper

Non default costume 1 (female)

Non default costume 1 (male) I love this one! Looks so JSR-ish! <3

Edited by gato

If it's online only, what's the point in buying it unless you have the 3G model?

Keep in mind the "online only" part was only a blurb a random guy in a (admittedly, renown) PSU blog said...

But it's most likely truth (I remember mentioned somewhere else that this game "single player" would most likely work like in PSO, meaning you would have to log in into the server to play it anyway) so yeah, I don't see the point.

Still, I think it's way to early in development to say it will not have an exclusive offline mode or anything like that...

Having said that, you brought an interesting point here... You said the Vita uses 3G internet? Meaning that this game can actually be played even with that kind of connection? if true, then this is awesome news for me since that's the only kind of connection I can access to... (I live way to far away from the cities, hell... We don't even have telephone lines here).

It uses 3G Internet if you have the 3G Model. If you have the Wi-fi model, it uses Wi-fi.

So...

I usually post when there are updates but I've been talking with some other people and they told me that the G3 Vita model wouldn't be needed to play PSO2...

But, before you get excited let me tell you why... It happens that G3 internet sucks (as I know from personal experience) and most of the people who I've talked to thinks there is no way a game that it's constantly loading things like this one would be able to properly work with it... What does that mean? Well, as we are right now it means that the only way of properly playing PSO2Vita would be with Wi-Fi...

Which sucks... For many reasons (defeating portable console's purpose of playing your games wherever you want being the biggest offender).

Now, all of this is just fan talk. And I personally would love to think SEGA wouldn't be as stupid as to release a game that can barely be played (I know, SEGA had their "crazy years"... But I'd like to think those times were left behind) since that would mean the product would bomb even before release date.

For now, let's just wait and see how this game's development goes.

EDIT: Sakai posted something concerning some players worries about the Vita version... Check it out.

Still not so thrilled about it, but let's see how it goes.

Edited by gato

Closed Beta incoming!

Some tidbits of info of the updates we will get for the Beta (and is it me or did they just said we will only get 8 weapon classes at the release date?)

green text means gato's opinion

New Weapon Class: Partizan

- Hunter Exclusive

- Quick Attack

- Wide area attack

- It has a special action called “舞い twirl?” (We’re not quite sure in what way the move actually looks like.) this speeds up your gear which eventually makes it likely that you’ll release some kind of forward shockwave.

New Weapon Class: Launcher (hopefully this one works better than how it did in PSU)

- Rangers Exclusive

- A heavyweight high power shooting weapon

- You hold this gun beside the body like PSU’s Grenade Launcher.

- Wide range blast.

New Weapon Class: Talis (this one looks way better than the one in PSO)

- Force Exclusive

- Throw cards to directly hit the enemy

- Throw cards and a technic is fired off from the card.

- *You could throw a card at a party member and make it cast resta

- *You could throw a card in the sky and cast a wider range Razonde technic.

- (Don’t know if you are supposed to jump to throw cards in the sky.)

Mags

- Mags have photon blasts

- When a mag does a photon blast it changes into a “幻獣” mythical beast.

- For example, it can change into something resembling a unicorn. (I'm saving my reactions about this for myself)

- The player can act freely during a photon blast too.

Lobby

- The Arks lobby has been renovated.

- In the center there’s a elevator that transports you between 2 floors.

- The upper level is called the Gate Area where you can receive quests.

- The lower level is the shop area and rest area.

- Shougai says the lobby is reminiscent of PSO ep2 Lab area.

Famitsu scans about the closed Beta.

Long list of responses to some feedback the players delivered during the Alpha.

Story, quests, and weapon categories will be added. You could also play the new city area. More information will be revealed by the end of the month in a special presentation. This test plans to have 100,000 players. If you’ve already raised your character to level 10 in the second alpha, you are automatically given priority in this test. There is no need for you to apply again.

Sakai is planning a 2nd Media Briefing which will announce details about the Closed Beta Test. This will allow for details and the schedule of this test to be clearly explained to you guys through media outlets. It will be something similar to the last media briefing event.

*long list of feedback in spoilers*

The lag is pretty bad, can you guys do something to improve it?

During updates in Alpha Test 2, we improved the lag to some extent but it’s completely difficult to have no lag whatsoever. We will continue to make adjustments so you can play comfortably. (I wonder if this had anything to do with all the foreign players there)

I wasn’t really able to meet other parties in multiparty areas, can you do something so it’s easier to meet the other parties?

Since it was hard to understand the way you set up a multiparty quest, people generally didn’t cross paths with other parties. We’ll review this area and make it easier for you to meet them

I felt the attack power and HP of low level enemies were too high.

We’ll adjust it so that beginners can play without much stress. (nuuuuuuuuuuuu, I feel the game is already too easy as it is >_>)

I felt soloing was too difficult.

We’ll adjust it so that even if a few people are playing it won’t be extremely difficult. Like previous games, we’ll let you add NPC characters to your party. (Idem to the last feedback >_<, also, the NPC's in PSU are freaking useless)

I think there’s a problem with PSE Bursts, when it happens you can stay in one area endlessly and gain levels very quickly.

We’ll adjust the rate and duration a PSE Burst occurs so that it does not ruin the balance of the game.

In an emergency trial, the enemies kept re popping up endlessly, can you adjust it so that there can be a limit of how many enemies show up.

In this particular case, it was a bug. we’ll correct it.

I felt some quests were too long. Could you make smaller maps?

We’ll look into adjusting all quests, by looking at the average of their clear times and the length of maps they utilizes and make them smaller.

Like in the previous games, I think bosses should drop containers after they are defeated.

Containers will appear and after breaking it you’ll get the boss drops.

I want it to hold more significance when you destroy a certain part of the body on an enemy.

Only for boss enemies, if you destroy a part of the body, you’ll get additional drops. (that sounds interesting... Maybe there is a montague wannabe in the Oracle =D )

My personal feedback: When you return to the camp ship area, the quest clear music should stop and change to the normal BGM.

We’ll do it after the quest results are shown. (Make that BGM less annoying while you are at it >_>)

Grinders and Synthesizers come up in a red box, but because of this you are less excited to see rare drops.

Grinders and Synthesizers and consumption items less than 6 stars will now be shown as regular drops.

I want you to do something since I can’t play with specific gamepads.

During an update in Alpha Test 2, we supported a variety of gamepads. We’ll expand the gamepad setting functions and support more types of gamepads.

I think you should allow us to immediately change from Direct chat to normal chat somewhere else other than the options menu.

We’ll allow it through the scroll lock key.

I want to be able to switch the map display while in Direct Chat Mode

We’ll let you be able to switch maps while in this mode by pressing CTRL+M for area map or CTRL+N for radar map.

The sub-palette should be accessed through the F keys, not the number keys when in direct chat mode.

We’ll allow you to choose what keys you want in the options.

You can rotate the camera very quickly and it makes you feel dizzy, you should adjust this.

We’ll allow you to adjust the rotation speed in options for both right/left and up/down

I felt the camera that faces the front of the character rotation speeds were too slow.

We’ll make it faster. (lol contradictory feedback, but good answer there)

You should allow us to use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out. Even gamepads should have this option.

We’ll add a setting in options so you can control this with the mouse wheel. Additionally you can set it from the quick menu when you are using the gamepad.

Sometimes I push the autorun button by accident, I’d like there to be a setting where you can change it or not have it set at all.

In the initial settings, the gamepad won’t have a autorun button but you’ll be able to set this button in the options menu.

Even for gamepads, I’d like there be a way to change what you are auto-locked on to.

In the options menu, we’ll allow you to change the settings to whatever button you’d like to use.

The game doesn’t really play in full screen mode. I’d like you guys to add a REAL full screen mode.

Due to some circumstances we had to do a fake full screen mode in the alpha test 2. but now we’ll change it so you can actually play in full screen. (yes!)

Can you make it so that that the number of detailed character models is higher than 50.

Yes, we’ll increase it.

Can you make us save screenshots something else other than BMP

By default you’ll save them as JPEG but we’ll offer support for PNG too. (Cool!)

I want it so that you can clearly know what item categories are supported for the Photon Arts and their disks.

On the first line of the item’s descriptions, we’ll show what categories are supported.

I want the icons of learned PA disks in the Item Pack and Storage greyed out

We’ll do so.

In the same way as weapons, I want equipped units to be able to utilize item customization features in the Item Lab.

We’ll do so.

In the quickmenu’s shortcut word list, I want you to show the first part of the message.

When the list is shown, we’ll make it so that the first line of the shortcut is shown.

You should make it easier to know what mode you are in when using weapons like the gunslash

The center icon in your palette will clearly show which mode your weapon is using.

The icon when you receive mail is small and inconspicuous.

We’ll make it so that you can see it better.

When showing the mail you received, I want a different tab to show system mail messages like when you register new friends.

We’ll make a new tab that shows all of your system mails.

While taking screenshots, I’d like to know if the screenshot was taken.

We’ll show a message informing you that a screenshot was taken.

I want there to be a ON/OFF function on whether or not you’ll use Auto Words

We’ll do so.

I want there to be chats where you can talk to any player 1 to 1.

We will implement a Whisper chat that allows you to do this.

For people I have been in parties with, I want there to be something where you can add them to your friend or black list.

We’ll make a player history function that allows you to see who you’ve played with in the past and you can decide whether to add them to your friend list or black list.

I want a feature where you can know whether your friends are logged in.

As an optional setting, when your friends log in, you’ll see that information displayed on your screen.

I want a room lock function added to My Room

We’ll add room lock functions where you could also set it to allow only friends to visit.

I want a function in My Room, that shows you what weapons I’ve acquired.

We’ll implement a room item that shows the weapons you have.

I want you to add a jukebox to my room so I can change the BGM that plays in there.

There will be a room item where you can change the BGM for your room.

I want to be able to perform actions when you access room items in your room.

Though it was temporary in Alpha test 2, only sit was available, but we plan to add a variety of actions.

I want to be able to put accessories on top of room items.

Again, we’ll allow you to place accessories on room items like desks and shelves.

Like the My Shop, I want to be able to directly trade items between players.

We’ll allow you to trade directly with players with the item trade functions.

I want there to be a search criteria where you can search for specific abilities attached to items in the My Shop.

We’ll do so.

I want to make sure I don’t sell very rare items in shops and such.

We’ll make it so that if you equipped it once you won’t be able to sell a rare item in shops or trades. (que?)

In Character Creation, I want to be able to save the character I made as a character base model to work off of.

We’ll add a function where you can save character creation data to the PC.

In Character Creation, I want to be able to make male faces more square jawed, and female faces more round.

We’ll add more variations to facial shape structures.

After I create characters, I want to be able to customize them.

Like previous games, we will implement a makeup counter to customize your character again.

There is also a bunch of screens but due to SSMB's media limit I can't post them, go check the link above to see them

A few updates from Sakai about some little changes we can see in the Beta.

(once again, media limits don't allow me to post the screens)

First you’ll see a prologue movie, then switch to the screen to create your character. The background gives it more of a SciFi game feel. Afterwards the tutorial and story begins.

The closed beta test news starts by the end of the month. There’s going to be a 2nd Media Briefing which will show what new things are in store for the Beta Test. This test plans to have 100,000 players!

A little update in the official site about what Famitsu mentioned.

MAGs:

Mags are mechanical life forms that support the player in battle and serve as pets. When you give them items they grow up and acquire special abilities. Mags that grow up will have various effects.

PSO2-Unicorn-Mag-450x255.jpg

I'm not saying anything...

After you accumulate a certain amount of damage, your mag will transform into a mythical creature (like this Unicorn type Photon Blast.). Now the AI takes over and the creature will attack on it’s own, players can also fight alongside with it.

Lobby:

*bunch of screens I can't post due to media limit*

There’s an elevator in the Arks lobby that divides two main areas. The upper level is called the Gate area, you can access the quest counter and Camp Ship from here. The lower level called the Shop area. This lower area can also be used as a rest and relaxation spot where players can meet and hang out.

Weapons:

PSO2-Partisan-shockwave-450x255.jpg

Hunters can now use Partisans. They can do quick attacks, have extended reach, and can attack surrounding enemies. It has a special action simply known as dance/twirl which fills up the gear gauge.

launcher-450x255.jpg

Rangers have access to Launchers that shoots a missile which gives an explosive blast.You can’t shoot while moving though. (In screenshots it appears you can shoot while in the air.)

Razonde-Talis-450x255.jpg

Talis is a card throwing weapon for forces. You can throw them to attack enemies and cast technics from them. Throw them to enemies in the air and your technic could have wider range. Or you could throw it and cast resta to provide support from long distances.

So yeah, at the end of the month we will have the beta and before that a media briefing showcasing what we can expect, so keep an eye out in this thread. (or at Bunped and PSO-World) wink.png

• Thumbs Up 1

So.. yesterday Bumped posted this video...

It's not the media briefing that we will get at the end of this month but it's more like a preview of what we can expect from the upcoming closed Beta.

Partisans:

Seem to have a grab attack ; have a special feature called &quot;Dance/Twirl&quot; that fills a Charge gauge! ; It can shoot out waves when you slash. Judging from the video (and how Swords/Whips worked on the Alpha Test), the Charge Gauge from twirling probably changes the form of your Photon Arts.

Cards:

You're able to throw them, just like on PSO; The thrown card stays hovering where you threw it until you throw another one ; When you use a Technique when a card is thrown, it will actually shoot the technique from the position where you threw it!

***On a side note, Gifoie and Rabarta seem to retain their PSO forms of a swirling ball and shooting ice crystals respectfully. This is pretty exciting!

Launchers:

Seem to shoot AoE blasts; Cannot move at all while firing; has an LOL-worthy PA where you seem to be able to ride it for a short period of time. At first glance it looks kinda dumb to me, but im sure it'll be very fun to use.

Mag Blasts:

Like in PSO, taking damage allows you to transform your mag into a holy creature for a short attack; Your mag can also attack on its own! This depends on how its stats!; Like in PSO, your mags evolve and change form depending on what you feed it!

Well now that twirl thing makes more sense! She spins the partisan around to boost the gear gauge. If you’re wondering what “gear” actually is, I believe it’s the gauge that Hunters have on their action palette. Unfortunately there wasn’t much documentation about the inner working of this and was left up to players to figure out.</div>

- Mags have their own behavioral pattern.

In this particular case in the Mag status screen there were two areas called, “Auto Action” and “Trigger Action.” Unfortunately they were too blurry to make out, it looks like healing was one of the behavior patterns when the HP is low.

Mags can also attack enemies.

The tekker shop was mentioned, the guy from PSO who decides what your ???? item is.

You can ride the launcher. You can aim where you shoot the Talis and techs spark out. It looks as though you set the technics to the palette similarly as you do to the rod.

The mag status screen had each stat listed Striking, Range, Tech, Ability, Striking Defense, Range Defense, and Tech Defense. From the video he showed, there was a different mag at level 50 called Raira (blurry) and there was an icon below it which said “Helix Proi/Broi” (blurry) which I can assume is the photon blast. He gave his mag a “striking ?? device” which gave the mag a lot of striking stat.

Keep in mind this wasn’t the REAL media briefing, just a short preview. The 2nd media briefing is coming later this month.

So yes, Partisans look as fun as use as ever but at the same time they look like the most boring of the new weapons because they improvements weren't that interesting.

Launchers seem to work as in PSO (I hope that it has a larger AoE), this might not sound fun but it also acquired a LOL worthy PA that lets your ride the launcher and get a burst of speed (I can see this abused both for time attack and massive lols)... I also find this one funny because in PSU this was a Partisan PA. (though it was more like an attack instead of a movement boost)

Talis are by far the most interesting weapons here, they allow you to cast a tech whenever you aim! Now you don't have to get close to a mob to cast Gifoie (that works just like in PSO! biggrin.png ) or be together with the meat shields Hunters in order to be a proper support caster... Also, did you guys see that Razonde in the vid? I'm so using this weapon with my FOnewm! biggrin.png (unlike PSO, where card weapons just weren't that hot)

MAGs carry most of their PSO and PSZ uses and at the same time some improvements... I would like to say from PSU (the ability to attack and use techs) but this one is so muhc better... It just feels like a whole different thing.

There was also some feedback from some people (can't remember where though).

* Personally I felt the length of the quests were short. I wish there would be plenty of highly difficult missions like PSO’s ULT ruins and seabed.

* I’m not very satisfied with the user demands. Future requests could be about improving the character creation, having different animations per race/sex, further review of the trading system, higher details for top of the line PCs.

* I was surprised by some of the responses. I think character creation is somewhat lacking… I wanted things like adjusting the hair length.

* Regarding turning on and off the auto words, I don’t know if your response was directed towards the whole entire auto word feature or each and every individual auto word. In addition will there be a way to turn off another player’s auto words?

* You should closely evaluate the map sizes because the quality of our adventures is at risk if the map is too narrow.

I can honestly say I agree with all of them! As fun as the game looks there is always room for improvement and this guys raise some really good points. (and the difficulty one is something I've been pointing from some time ago)

EDIT: WOAH! I hate when the forum derps like that. O_O

Edited by gato

Allow me to expand on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOaU-skUIeo

Here is a video of the whole briefing courtesy of PSO-World.

(24:30 for the beta stuff)

And this is what Bumped had to say about the brief:

Introduction of first story mode character: Zion.

And a clearer version of that video I posted a few days ago

When she appears, she says some strange mysterious things to the player. You can see her talking within these screenshots but her speech is slightly odd. She entrusts the player with something called a “Matter Board”, this thing seems to be important in advancing the story.

^ That'll teach me to get a shower before hitting the post button. Gotta go fast.

Clearing up a couple points with regards to the event/meeting/thing:

- Game's completely free to play and free to download on all platforms. No entry fee at all, no level caps, no paid-only classes.

- The cash shop thingy is not meant to sell you unbalanced OP swords and shit, but rather cosmetic/convenient additions. If you've played LoL (runepages, skins, faster character unlocks) or TF2 (hats, hats, hats) you know how it is.

- Smartphone version uses the same account and characters you have on PC/Vita but is a simplified revision (unclear whether it means farming app, full content or middle ground between two). Because it's a different game than the main versions, cross-platform play is not present in phones.

- I had a cleaner post but firefox derped while I was editing and FUCK

Edited by Dobkeratops

They received lots of requests on how people wanted to play PSO2 on something other than PC. So they decided to give the PlayStation Vita a shot as a new alternative way to play this game.

Instead of making a more reasonable, and decidedly much more successful, PS3/360/Wii U option? Errrm.

Instead of making a more reasonable, and decidedly much more successful, PS3/360/Wii U option? Errrm.

Well, Sakai's idea was basically create a game that could be played anywhere, whenever you want...

Not the brightest execution but the idea is there. *shrug*

Anyway, we have some updates from Bumped:

You can go on adventures with your friend’s character anytime with the new “Friend Partner System.” You can create your own team that comes with its own team chat feature and team flags. New weapon categories, photon arts, technics and skills. New interrupt events too. (I think he is talking about the beta in general when he mentions the new weapons and PA's and stuff)

The medical center seems to sell various drinks that boost some stats like HP and defense. (so it's just like the supplies shop in PSU?)

The closed beta now features a story with characters and voiced dialogue. Voice actors include; Hiro Shimono, Ryōhei Kimura, Youko Hikasa, Yōsuke Akimoto, Kana Asumi, Yuka Iguchi, Mariya Ise, Ueda Kana, Nobuhiko Okamoto, and many more. (I wish I had time to do a Wiki search for them and give you some extra info...)

Soooooooooooo, Phantasy Hat Online 2? I'm okay with this.

I'm still struggling to think how could any of us want a hat that is not the FOnewm one... But I'm going to wait and see how this turns out before jumping conclusions.

Good luck getting a free to play/pseudo free to play, cross platform multiplayer game on the 360. microsofts policy's aren't exactly welcoming to this kind of game
  • Thumbs Up 2

I was figuring PS3 was the best best, though. It's popular in Japan, and Sony is perfectly fine with such an arrangement. Nintendo wouldn't have issues with it either.

I was figuring PS3 was the best best, though. It's popular in Japan, and Sony is perfectly fine with such an arrangement. Nintendo wouldn't have issues with it either.

Perhaps they're taking issue with the way updates work? I remember PSU being pretty restricted by being on the PS2/360 at the time in terms of SEGA being able to roll out updates to the game- perhaps the staff this time don't want to be put in that kind of situation with this game./ The PC version being lead has to give them a crap load of freedom to do whatever the hell they want.

Then again. PS3 has a bunch of MMOs already doesn't it? hmm.

Putting it on the Vita makes absolutely no sense when the Vita is doing horribly in Japan - makes the 3DS' initial slump look perfectly fine by comparison. I mean, seriously. I hear it's doing better in the US, but geez.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

Putting it on the Vita makes absolutely no sense when the Vita is doing horribly in Japan - makes the 3DS' initial slump look perfectly fine by comparison. I mean, seriously. I hear it's doing better in the US, but geez.

Bribes.

and Phantasy Star Portable went pretty dang well for them.

Bribes.

and Phantasy Star Portable went pretty dang well for them.

Oh, yeah, that's right, Sony isn't exactly above buying exclusives, are they? >>

And yes, obviously, but the PSP was actually successful in Japan, so it was viable. Instead, in Japan, the Vita is doing worse than its predecessor.

Edited by Masaru Daimon