Awoo.

Mighty the Armadillo

Vulpine

The most pointless distinction, in my eyes... Come on, every other classic character looks less like a Sonic knockoff. Hell, even Metal Sonic, a robot specifically modeled after Sonic, looks less like Sonic than Mighty does.

I enjoy classic characters. It's old Sonic history. Hardly anyone would remember these guys if it weren't for the comics.

Well Amy as another hedgehog looks like Sonic, but that's easily explained. Charmy is a bee with a Sonic face. Despite being already familiar to us, Knuckles looks a lot like Sonic does. I'm trying to point out things unique to Mighty so people will understand he's not a non-character. He does have one move. Only character with a shell.

Basically just Sonic's personality, only explicitly pacifistic.

Only pacifist in the series. It's not a spin on gameplay when you can only counter enemies? Shell deflection! It sounds fun to me. I'm not seeing the personality lift from Sonic though. Sonic is more like, can do anything, always can be counted on, fastest thing alive, smashes robots to save his friends. Mighty is strong, a traveler, and pacifist.

Edited by Dabnikz

Except Mighty didn't have slightly additional moves. And he was a Sonic rip-off. Stating a fact does not make people "idiot naysayers" because you don't like what they are stating. You can state up and down how Sega could "reimagine" him like they did with the rest of the Chaotix, but they could also just as soon make a new character.

Shadow, Silver and etc. also have distinct personalities. Not necessarily very good distinct personalities, but they still had them. Even Mighty's personality in the games was practically identical to Sonic's.

Literally was Sonic with minor sprite edits and a palette swap.

Mighty basically is Sonic. Shadow is very much so not. If Mighty was designed by someone outside of Sega, Sega would have sued somebody. Then Mighty would have been like Makoto Mizoguchi and Sonic would have been like Ryu. The Blockblister to their Blockbuster. The McDowell's to their McDonald's. The DC Blend to their Starbucks. The Chery QQ to their Daewoo Matiz (hey, these are fun).

I wouldn't even say Mighty is the Luigi to Sonic's Mario, like Diogenes said, because Luigi has a specific place in the Mario games. Mighty is more like Waluigi. Or, hell, Mighty is like Ken in the original Street Fighter. Invented purely to pad the roster and serve as a expy of one of the other characters in games that don't have mirror matches.

Knuckles%27_Chaotix_Coverart.png

I am not dumb, I KNOW that it was INDEED called Knuckles Chaotix on US and Pal versions,

But you can even see the name "Knuckles" badly pasted there as the whole thing looks tilted, Even if it was called Knuckles Chaotix by everyone, it was a false name because the creators of the game called it Chaotix.

If a creator names his/her creation something and then someone who was not part of the creators team names it something else, I prefer to name the creation by its Original name of conception.

I Respect the Creators!

Same thing happened with Eggman, US and Pal people who were not present when Eggman was created named him Robotnik and the original creators were not happy so they took revenge on Sonic Adventure 1 and Named him what he was supposed to be named after all those years, his original conceptual name Dr. Eggman. They kinda "acknowledged" the name Robotnik as real in SA2 so fans of that name wouldn't feel bad.

This is my OPINION based on what I have seen, change of names and stuff without the creators acknowledgment only blows up in your face later.

This is a good example of another character who suffered from fakeness.

p11214756.jpg

See? Real Good game, Fake Bad box!

Edited by Aries

But why not reimagine him?

Because then he'd be no different from making a completely new character. The only reason people wouldn't immediately call bullshit and lump him with the rest of the fodder is because he holds the holy grail, the 'Get out of Jail Free Card', the mystical 'Classic Status'.

I'm trying to point out things unique to Mighty so people will understand he's not a non-character. He does have one move. Only character with a shell. Only pacifist in the series.

Those are some pretty piss poor excuses if you ask me. That's something that anyone can come up with in five seconds.

Personally, I don't mind Mighty, I just can't stand it when people seem to hold him on such a high pedestal, and even going as far as to say he is more original/has more potential than any recent characters we've had, when in fact he is just as much of a blank slate as any new character introduced, his only appeal being that he's a classic character, which instantly puts him higher in the pecking order in this series.

Yeah, he's more familiar, yatta yatta, in the end it all really boils down to being completely sold on nostalgia.

Don't you dare tell me that Mega Man is a fake name! Mega Man is my hero!

Let's drop the name thing and get back on topic.

Personally, I don't mind Mighty, I just can't stand it when people seem to hold him on such a high pedestal... his only appeal being that he's a classic character, which instantly puts him higher in the pecking order in this series.

Nope, I wasn't trying to imply this at all.

I think he's better than Cream or Silver. But I would never replace Blaze or Chip or Shadow with Mighty just because he's classic. I like him as a character, and as one of the Chaotix. But don't count his series appearances against him. If I would judge the Chaotix on Heroes and ShtH alone I'd call them crap characters. Background matters.

Only pacifist in the series.

I always looked at Cream as quite the pacifist considering her actions in Sonic Battle and Sonic X. Only resorting to violence when it's absolutely necessary or in order to protect those dear to her.

So yeah, not being fond of resorting to violence is not a unique thing to Mighty at all. Literally nothing about him is. I don't really give a shit if he's 'classic,' he's not really worth bringing back at all in my opinion.

At the very least Bean, Bark, and Nack/Fang have unique designs. Mighty is just boring as hell design wise, personality wise, and ability wise. He's just not an interesting character unless you fabricate shit to make him interesting.

Alright, back to this point about how we could just make new characters instead of bring back old ones.

What about the rest of the Chaotix? Weren't they just as one-dimensional as Mighty, or any character before voice actors?

The whole of the Chaotix were brought back. That's pretty much why I want Mighty.

Why didn't we see a whole new team of weirdos in Sonic Heroes? No one wants the Chaotix gone because they've been reimagined.

*Words*

I have a strongly worded response to that. I think...

Let's drop the name thing and get back on topic.

Curses!

But why not reimagine him?

No, really, why should they? Say what you will about Shitty Friends Syndrome, but it isn't an inherent problem. When Iizuka sits down and says he wants a new character, there is nothing forcing him to make it "like Sonic, only a different shade of blue!" or anything like that.

Now, there are certainly characters lost to the history of the franchise that easily could make welcome returns, many of them with little in the way of changes. Mighty the Armadillo, who even before Sonic 1 came out was basically "like Sonic, only kinda shit" (his character design was the runner up in the internal contest that eventually culminated in Sonic's design for the first game), is not one of them. Mighty is and always was an also-ran. He was always literally Sonic with a less interesting design, whose only function in the series was to stand-in for Sonic when Sonic couldn't be used. And any attempt to change that is going to require a whole cloth redesign of the character anyways, so what is the point?

Edited by Tornado

No, really, why should they? Say what you will about Shitty Friends Syndrome, but it isn't an inherent problem. When Iizuka sits down and says he wants a new character, there is nothing forcing him to make it "like Sonic, only a different shade of blue!" or anything like that.

Now, there are certainly characters lost to the history of the franchise that easily could make welcome returns, many of them with little in the way of changes. Mighty the Armadillo, who even before Sonic 1 came out was basically "like Sonic, only kinda shit" (his character design was the runner up in the internal contest that eventually culminated in Sonic's design for the first game), is not one of them. Mighty is and always was an also-ran. He was always literally Sonic with a less interesting design, whose only function in the series was to stand-in for Sonic when Sonic couldn't be used. And any attempt to change that is going to require a whole cloth redesign of the character anyways, so what is the point?

You say why should they, and I say why not. That's all this is ever gonna come down to. The point is not having yet another character in the roster suffer from Brother Chuck syndrome. I've always been in favor of tweaking all of your existing designs before you use new ones. I think it's easier than having to design a whole new character from scratch. You have the shell gimmick that isn't used in any other character. All you need do is give him a definitive modern look, even if it's just eye color and a new pair of shoes. Shoot, the comics have ALREADY given him an eye color (royal blue) and it works just fine with any palette limitations, so just go with that.

Plus, with the tons of varieties of Sonic games there are, you don't even need a story purpose for him. Put him in a game like Sonic Free Riders or some other spinoff. Make him DLC that the classic fans will salivate over. The fact that you can use buy a new chassis is a really poor excuse to let the older chassis just rot in the corner. Especially when there's nothing wrong with it, and it only needs an inexpensive part or two to run. In fact, it's wasteful if you ask me.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

What about the rest of the Chaotix? Weren't they just as one-dimensional as Mighty, or any character before voice actors?

Vector - New sprites, never a replacement

Charmy - New sprites, never a replacement

Espio - New sprites, never a replacement

Heavy - New sprites, never a replacement

Bomb - New sprites, never a replacement

Knuckles - See above.

Mighty - A replacement for Sonic using minimal design change and not even heavily edited sprites, being mostly a pallet change and the spines were turned into a shell.

Mighty is one dimensional and simply a replacement for god knows what reason they didn't want Sonic there. That's all he is. That's all he has. It's all he did.

That's it. Nothing else. He's a bad edit of Sonic for one game, and if he was made by a fan he'd be spit upon. He's just holding the "Unused Classic" card, which is apparently a love potion.

He's worse than Shadow, who at least was designed to be a Sonic clone of sorts. Mighty is just a sloppy edit.

That's it. Nothing else. He's a bad edit of Sonic for two games, and if he was made by a fan he'd be spit upon. He's just holding the "Unused Classic" card, which is apparently a love potion.

Fix'd. Come on bro, nothing wrong with hatin', but do it accurately =P

Now now, don't be a jackass.

Even when Tails played identically to Sonic (minus a Super form), he still had more going for him than Mighty. Tails' design was original, as were his sprites; Mighty has the exact same body and face as Sonic, and his sprites are blatantly obvious edits of Sonic's sprites (in Chaotix, at least; I don't know of any SegaSonic sprite sheets so I can't really compare them there). Tails shows off his own personality and abilities through his animations, like his yawn idle animation, his flight (before the player was able to do it himself), and his unique way of running, whereas Mighty is, again, identical to Sonic. Plus Tails was actually filling a decent role, as Sonic's cute kid sidekick/pilot; Mighty was just plain filler, a "Luigi" in SegaSonic and a literal replacement Sonic in Chaotix.

You can like Mighty if you want (though I'll be damned if I can understand why), but there's no rational way you can say he isn't a blatant Sonic ripoff.

But using your logic then Nack shouldn't return just because he's purple and we already have Big and Blaze who are purple.

Lets face it technology wasn't great back in the day, so they reused a few sprites, so what?

Are we really going to shun a character for having reused sprites and no unique animations like yawns of his own in a game that was over a decade and a half ago?

Besides that I can't see how Mighty is this horrendous clone everybody loves to stigmatise. Sure he has the same facial structure as Sonic but just about every character does! Shadow, Silver, Amy, Charmy, Espio - beyond that I can't see much similarities. Mighty has a pointy nose unlike Sonic's, his skin tone is alot darker shade than Sonic's, and as mentioned before apart from a face based around Sonic's structure (which seems the norm for most characters) Mighty has a completely different body.

I in no way see how his personality is a direct mimicry of Sonic's either?

There is a difference to being "Adventurous" like Sonic and Adventurous like Mighty. Sonic is the hero, a cocky guy who seeks out thrills from putting himself into danger and saving the day and he sure as hell doesn't mind busting up a few heads and 'bots in the process.

Mighty is a self professed pacifist, I'd like to see how this is the same as Sonic for as far as I know pacifists in general disapprove of violence. If Mighty is just like Sonic then I can't see how he could be wrecklessly running about busting robots and smacking up badguys and still be a pacifist at the same time. Mighty would be an adventurer in the sense that he goes places and explores and discovers and generally helps out people, but not in the flashy "save the day" sort of way.

-Comparing the two; Sonic is an adventurer like Indianna Jones, Mighty is an adventurer like an achaeologist would be...or I guess like the achaeologists from Jurassic Park lets say.

If you say these two are the same thinbg and have no difference then I think you need to study details more.

The thing is I don't looove Mighty. To me he is an ok character , not really one of my favs, I just don't don't see any rational reason why people hate on him so much.

I don't mean to be blunt, but being a Classic character has fuck-all to do with anything as far as I'm concerned. That's one of the things I couldn't care any less about.

Never underestimate the power of being classic!

I think it's pretty relevant. For one classic characters have their fan base, if all everyone's saying is true; that it doesn't matter about having someone like a revamped Mighty return or a new character - then why not be in favor of the classic character?

Older characters have their fan bases so already by reintroducing said character back they already have instant followers who don't need to be won over by the new character.

Second it shows that the company cares. It'd be easy to pump out some new character, but the very act of going back, going over the history of their past and working out how to remake the old character to fit back into the series shows alot of thought was put in, so if nothing else it would show effort on the part of SEGA.

Thirdly as a "classic character returning" it would cop alot less hassle from critics and fans. I'd bet that we'd see alot less "more of Sonic's shitty friends" being thrown around purely on the fact that a returning character feels alot less like another character added to the cast than a whole new character does.

Fourth, what harm does doing it do? They will inevitably add more characters as more games get made anyway, so why not let a classic character be in there too? It seems a little selfish to only allow new characters to be made and refuse a classic one.

I would much prefer any of the classic characters to see a return than have a new character. Don't get me wrong I love Silver (though if we're talking unoriginality with Mighty I can't see how Silver can't be brought up with being yet another hedgehog and yet another Super form of Yellow with red eyes - would have preffered their original "Mink" idea) I love Blaze, she is one of my fav characters and the Babylon Rogues are awesome, I just would love a classic character and all the meaning behind having one return again.

You say why should they, and I say why not. That's all this is ever gonna come down to. The point is not having yet another character in the roster suffer from Brother Chuck syndrome. I've always been in favor of tweaking all of your existing designs before you use new ones. I think it's easier than having to design a whole new character from scratch. You have the shell gimmick that isn't used in any other character. All you need do is give him a definitive modern look, even if it's just eye color and a new pair of shoes. Shoot, the comics have ALREADY given him an eye color (royal blue) and it works just fine with any palette limitations, so just go with that.

Plus, with the tons of varieties of Sonic games there are, you don't even need a story purpose for him. Put him in a game like Sonic Free Riders or some other spinoff. Make him DLC that the classic fans will salivate over. The fact that you can use buy a new chassis is a really poor excuse to let the older chassis just rot in the corner. Especially when there's nothing wrong with it, and it only needs an inexpensive part or two to run. In fact, it's wasteful if you ask me.

A rational and well typed post with good points like this one gets neg rep'd? That's why I have no faith in the Sonic fandom, maybe the designers really do need to stop listening to the fans. Edited by The-Master-Board

But using your logic then Nack shouldn't return just because he's purple and we already have Big and Blaze who are purple.

No he shouldn't, he's appeared in the fucking Game Gear games and Fighters and nothing more. He's literally less canonical than '06.

Lets face it technology wasn't great back in the day, so they reused a few sprites, so what?

I sprite. It is a thing I do. I'd like to think I'm halfway decent.

Lack of technology is not an excuse. The could make new sprites for Knuckles for gods sake. Mighty is a quick edit in every sense of the word.

Are we really going to shun a character for having reused sprites and no unique animations like yawns of his own in a game that was over a decade and a half ago?

Really did you just use that. Did you just say that.

Why ask questions about things you already know.

Besides that I can't see how Mighty is this horrendous clone everybody loves to stigmatise.

You just answered that. Just above. Right there. I see it.

Sure he has the same facial structure as Sonic but just about every character does! Shadow, Silver, Amy, Charmy, Espio - beyond that I can't see much similarities.

Not even close. Shadow has pointy eyes and generally a rougher face, Silver has that... thing on his head, Amy's eyes are more rounded along with her eyelashes and rounder facial structure, Charmy has huge eyes, and Espio has his horn instead of a nose and more slanted eyes that don't connect.

Hell, even Ray the Flying fucking Squirrel has a slightly different face and he's almost no better than Mighty.

Mighty has a pointy nose unlike Sonic's,

Literally a few added pixels on the nose.

his skin tone is alot darker shade than Sonic's,

Pallet change.

and as mentioned before apart from a face based around Sonic's structure (which seems the norm for most characters) Mighty has a completely different body.

What? No he doesn't. It's exactly the same. It's just black and not blue.

There is a difference to being "Adventurous" like Sonic and Adventurous like Mighty. Sonic is the hero, a cocky guy who seeks out thrills from putting himself into danger and saving the day and he sure as hell doesn't mind busting up a few heads and 'bots in the process.

Mighty is a self professed pacifist, I'd like to see how this is the same as Sonic for as far as I know pacifists in general disapprove of violence.

Hey! They both go on adventures and have fun! Except Sonic will fight if he gets into trouble.

Wait. So will Mighty.

Huh.

If Mighty is just like Sonic then I can't see how he could be wrecklessly running about busting robots and smacking up badguys and still be a pacifist at the same time.

Knuckles' Chaotix.

SegaSonic Arcade.

Wow, the two games he's appeared in, he does exactly that.

Mighty would be an adventurer in the sense that he goes places and explores and discovers and generally helps out people, but not in the flashy "save the day" sort of way.

That's what Sonic does. Until he has to save the world.

-Comparing the two; Sonic is an adventurer like Indianna Jones, Mighty is an adventurer like an achaeologist would be...or I guess like the achaeologists from Jurassic Park lets say.

But your argument literally just put Mighty into the Indiana Jones style of adventuring.

Sonic would be Jones, but if Jones was the most cocky motherfucker you have no idea.

Mighty would just be Jones.

Wow giant differences there.

If you say these two are the same thinbg and have no difference then I think you need to study details more.

Indiana Jones is an archeologist. He travels around hunting down historical sites. A lot like the guys in Jurassic Park but without ohmygodraptors.

So yeah they kinda are.

The thing is I don't looove Mighty. To me he is an ok character , not really one of my favs, I just don't don't see any rational reason why people hate on him so much.

Because he's cheap. Completely cheap. Worthless. He's Sonic if Sonic were into cross-species dressing.

Never underestimate the power of being classic!

Power? He's got jack shit, he hasn't been around since the mid 90s.

I think it's pretty relevant. For one classic characters have their fan base,

So do the newer characters. Bigger ones too.

if all everyone's saying is true; that it doesn't matter about having someone like a revamped Mighty return or a new character - then why not be in favor of the classic character?

A new character would more than likely have a good design and not be the second closest thing to a recolor Sega ever made.

Second it shows that the company cares. It'd be easy to pump out some new character, but the very act of going back, going over the history of their past and working out how to remake the old character to fit back into the series shows alot of thought was put in, so if nothing else it would show effort on the part of SEGA.

"Hey! Lets use something we've left unused for years instead of taking some time to create something new! They think that's effort!"

Thirdly as a "classic character returning" it would cop alot less hassle from critics and fans. I'd bet that we'd see alot less "more of Sonic's shitty friends" being thrown around purely on the fact that a returning character feels alot less like another character added to the cast than a whole new character does.

Bringing someone as old as Mighty or Nack back?

Yeah people would still complain. They'd be officially in the roster at that point and none of the extra-haters would care about being classic. People complain about Tails.

I would much prefer any of the classic characters to see a return than have a new character. Don't get me wrong I love Silver (though if we're talking unoriginality with Mighty I can't see how Silver can't be brought up with being yet another hedgehog and yet another Super form of Yellow with red eyes - would have preffered their original "Mink" idea) I love Blaze, she is one of my fav characters and the Babylon Rogues are awesome, I just would love a classic character and all the meaning behind having one return again.

Silver = New design that's different to both Sonic and Shadow, along with a new personality and hey, a pretty damn creative superform compared to the rest.

Mighty = Sonic with a shell.

Edited by Nathan Farnsworth
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Silver = New design that's different to both Sonic and Shadow, along with a new personality and hey, a pretty damn creative superform compared to the rest.

Yes, a character turning yellow and getting red eyes is very original. I've never seen that in Sonic before!

• Thumbs Up 2

No he shouldn't, he's appeared in the fucking Game Gear games and Fighters and nothing more. He's literally less canonical than '06.

Yeah he should, he's got more character than most of the new characters put together!

I sprite. It is a thing I do. I'd like to think I'm halfway decent.

Lack of technology is not an excuse. The could make new sprites for Knuckles for gods sake. Mighty is a quick edit in every sense of the word.

Oh, wow, are you proud?

I bet your spriting technology is exactly the same as the tech they used 15 years ago. Pff get out of here.

Really did you just use that. Did you just say that.

Why ask questions about things you already know.

You just answered that. Just above. Right there. I see it.

.....So you are stigmatising him because of it? That's pretty petty.

Not even close. Shadow has pointy eyes and generally a rougher face, Silver has that... thing on his head, Amy's eyes are more rounded along with her eyelashes and rounder facial structure, Charmy has huge eyes, and Espio has his horn instead of a nose and more slanted eyes that don't connect.

Hell, even Ray the Flying fucking Squirrel has a slightly different face and he's almost no better than Mighty.

Literally a few added pixels on the nose.

Pallet change.

So having slight slanted eyes or pointier shaped eyes or different coloured eyes is ok, but a pointed nose or a darker pigment skin colour is just "the same" or a "palette swap" - hypocrite much?

Shadow was friggen made as a clone to Sonic yet Mighty is coping it for being a clone when he actually has some fairly unique looks to him? :huh: Hahaha

What? No he doesn't. It's exactly the same. It's just black and not blue.

Oh shit I missed that part where Mighty has spikes instead of a shell...oh wait.. [/sarcasm]

Pardon me but I'm pretty sure his shell is pretty damn unique, and that thing is almost half of his body, can't go dismissing that like you try to do with all his other unique looks.

Hey! They both go on adventures and have fun! Except Sonic will fight if he gets into trouble.

Wait. So will Mighty.

Huh.

Knuckles' Chaotix.

SegaSonic Arcade.

Wow, the two games he's appeared in, he does exactly that.

That's what Sonic does. Until he has to save the world.

But your argument literally just put Mighty into the Indiana Jones style of adventuring.

Sonic would be Jones, but if Jones was the most cocky motherfucker you have no idea.

Mighty would just be Jones.

Wow giant differences there.

Indiana Jones is an archeologist. He travels around hunting down historical sites. A lot like the guys in Jurassic Park but without ohmygodraptors.

So yeah they kinda are.

wow. talk about going completely over your head.

There is a difference between their kind of adventuring.

Sonic is like the action seeking super hero, valliantly seeking out danger and meeting it head on with no worries about what he destroys and uses his full powers to full use. O like I said Indianna Jones in that he'll get into fights as he is not just your regular "achaelogist" or in this case sub for the word "adventurer".

Mighty is an adventurer in the sense of being like Christopher Columbus or a regular "achaeologist" ie: a guy who goes around discovering things be it new places, old history, information, he explores and discovers, and if need be when fighting arose he'd defend himself and friends and innocent bystanders to the point of being the hero through courage and defense but he wouldn't throw a punch, he'd take the hits and be heroic in saving lives by taking them to safety but he wouldn't use force -Sonic on the otherhand would bust up those badguys-

Because he's cheap. Completely cheap. Worthless. He's Sonic if Sonic were into cross-species dressing.

Really? Now I don't think I need to respond to the rest of your post, it's easy to see you're trolling. Funny thing is I am not a huge Mighty fan but I will jump at people with stupid arguments against characters that don't deserve it.

Mighty = Sonic with a shell.

If you think Super Silver is unique at all yet Mighty isn't there's not much I can say to you. Might wanna go see a doctor about those recently suffered head wounds. Edited by The-Master-Board

Yes, a character turning yellow and getting red eyes is very original. I've never seen that in Sonic before!

Within the four super forms (as in, the ones after Adventure), Sonic turns yellow and his spines point up and he gets red eyes. Shadow turns yellow. Silver gets red eyes, his chest hair turns Super Sonic yellow, Silver himself gets mostly a gold tint instead of really turning yellow, and his cyan markings turn gold. Blaze turns pink, coat turns red, and her bracelets are on fire.

Compared to Sonic and Shadow? Yeah Silver's got a pretty good super form.

Yeah he should, he's got more character than most of the new characters put together!

He's never even talked I don't think.

Oh, wow, are you proud?

I bet your spriting technology is exactly the same as the tech they used 15 years ago. Pff get out of here.

It's fucking MSPaint. It literally does not get lower in terms of tech.

.....So you are stigmatising him because of it? That's pretty petty.

Yes. I'm petty because of large flaws in a character's design, which is all said character has.

So having slight slanted eyes or pointier shaped eyes or different coloured eyes is ok, but a pointed nose or a darker pigment skin colour is just "the same" or a "palette swap" - hypocrite much?

Mighty's longer nose is literally his only difference facially, while Shadow at least has some sort of diffrent facial structure.

Not to mention, I don't think Shadow has official sprites. It's far harder to work a model than a sprite.

And did I even mention differently colored eyes?

Shadow was friggen made as a clone to Sonic yet Mighty is coping it for being a clone when he actually has some fairly unique looks to him? :huh: Hahaha

Shadow has a reason. He's supposed to look like Sonic, it's part of the story. And he's got a semi-original design.

Mighty is literally Sonic in a shell after he fell in black paint.

Oh shit I missed that part where Mighty has spikes instead of a shell...oh wait.. [/sarcasm]

Pardon me but I'm pretty sure his shell is pretty damn unique, and that thing is almost half of his body, can't go dismissing that like you try to do with all his other unique looks.

The shell is Sonic's spines erased and a curved line was drawn down his back.

Wheee.

wow. talk about going completely over your head.

There is a difference between their kind of adventuring.

No there really isn't.

Sonic is like the action seeking super hero, valliantly seeking out danger and meeting it head on with no worries about what he destroys and uses his full powers to full use. O like I said Indianna Jones in that he'll get into fights as he is not just your regular "achaelogist" or in this case sub for the word "adventurer".

No, if you notice, the trouble finds him. Otherwise he's just traveling and enjoying the world.

Mighty is an adventurer in the sense of being like Christopher Columbus or a regular "achaeologist" ie: a guy who goes around discovering things be it new places, old history, information, he explores and discovers, and if need be when fighting arose he'd defend himself and friends and innocent bystanders to the point of being the hero through courage and defense but he wouldn't throw a punch, he'd take the hits and be heroic in saving lives by taking them to safety but he wouldn't use force -Sonic on the otherhand would bust up those badguys-

Mighty busts up the same bad guys. The same way.

And where did all that even come from?

Really? Now I don't think I need to respond to the rest of your post, it's easy to see you're trolling.

I don't troll. Used to, every now and again while I was bored, but not here. Never here.

Funny thing is I am not a huge Mighty fan

Then why do you give a shit.

If you think Super Silver is unique at all yet Mighty isn't there's not much I can say to you. Might wanna go see a doctor about those recently suffered head wounds.

I didn't say "compared to everyone" now did I? Compared to the other super forms? He's damn unique.

Mighty is just unoriginal on all fronts.

• Thumbs Up 3

Like I said he turns yellow and gets red eyes.

So, in other words the only super form he is more original than is Shadow's. But Sonic and Blaze? He's not more original the Super Sonic, because his super form is pretty much the same thing 14 years later.

Blaze is most original super form.

And Super Shadow is not yellow >_<

sa2b_3.jpg

Haha. No.

Being a treasure hunter is all of his character.

Edited by MarcelloF

So, in other words the only super form he is more original than is Shadow's. But Sonic and Blaze? He's not more original the Super Sonic, because his super form is pretty much the same thing 14 years later.

sa2b_3.jpg

Agree with all above.

Haha. No.

being a treasur hunter is all of his character.

Disagree with all above.

How about being a mercenary who is out only for himself? Treasure hunting is a trait of Knuckles and Rogue, however Nack would do more than just treasure hunting, kidnapping, setting traps, robery, bounty hunting, whacking people.....what he would!

Pretty much Nack is a bad guy, not a "I will conquer the world muhwahaha" kind of bad guy, just a black market shady underhanded minor villain kind of character, and in a black and white series of either dumbass comedy villain or "I am giant moster of the week son of satan" villian it would be refreshing to have a minor nuissance villain who's in it only for himself.

(and no Rogue doesn't count, she's practically a good guy. Agent of G.U.N anyone?)

I see great untapped potential for Nack.

Edited by The-Master-Board

Well yes. But all the same, it's a fuckload better than Shadow.

Guess you have a point there. Though in that case, why even bother including Super Sonic in the argument?

Fuck yeah.

sa2b_3.jpg

God why do people keep saying that.

He's yellow. The silver in SA2 was for some sort of Dreamcast problem. In '06 and Shadow he's yellow.

So everyone here raving against bringing characters back doesn't like the Chaotix? I know not a lot of people played that game. But I did. From 1995-2004 the Chaotix consisted of Knuckles, Mighty, Espio, Vector, and Charmy the goddamned bee. Nine years, okay? They were forgotten for a long time. Now they're back minus one.

If Sonic Team didn't drag the Chaotix out six years ago, I might be saying "Man I love the Chaotix" and fans would be like, "Motherfucker what Chaotix are you talking about?"

This is what I'm talking about. There's no reason to think reinventing Mighty would make him bad. You might even like him. It's also a little silly to say that he's a replacement character in a game that's full of replacements. The whole point of the Chaotix was to give Knuckles his own little posse, and they gathered them from all parts of Sonic lore.

So Mighty is part of the Chaotix, he's missing in action because Sonic Heroes had a speed-flight-power gimmick, he should've never left. Heroes in a half-shell. Turtle power.

A rational and well typed post with good points like this one gets neg rep'd?

Yeah that was me, sorry Aqua. But I asked someone to rep it back up. I'm on a new laptop and I'm not used to the touchpad, so I slipped.

Edited by Dabnikz

How about being a mercenary who is out only for himself? Treasure hunting is a trait of Knuckles and Rogue, however Nack would do more than just treasure hunting, kidnapping, setting traps, robery, bounty hunting, whacking people.....what he would!

Pretty much Nack is a bad guy, not a "I will conquer the world muhwahaha" kind of bad guy, just a black market shady underhanded minor villain kind of character, and in a black and white series of either dumbass comedy villain or "I am giant moster of the week son of satan" villian it would be refreshing to have a minor nuissance villain who's in it only for himself.

(and no Rogue doesn't count, she's practically a good guy. Agent of G.U.N anyone?)

I see great untapped potential for Nack.

Keywords being "would" and "potential".

How he is now he doesn't have more character than:

- A fat, lazy cat who lives in the forest with his best friend, a frog.

- A artificial hedgehog who lost his best friend, got frozen for 50 years, tried to destroy earth until he realized he understood his best friend's final wish wrong and more.

- A young boy from a destroyed future who returns to the past to make things right.

- A robot out to destroy his creator for revenge for sealing him away.

- A hyperactive raccoon who likes tinkering with boats, is a neat freak and has an accent.

- A god who loves candy, has amnesia and went back to sleep for a few million years despite having found a friend, to whom he left his necklace.

- A princess cat and guardian to mystic gems who has problems with socializing with people, has a problem with her underdeveloped breasts, ended up growing to trust other people.

And I left a lot out.

I like Fang, I really do, but to say he has more character than all of the new ones is silly.

He's yellow. The silver in SA2 was for some sort of Dreamcast problem. In '06 and Shadow he's yellow.

In the last game he appeared in (SASASR) he was not yellow.

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually think that Mighty would make quite a good villain more than a good guy. Somehow I imagine him as being some kind of loan shark or taxman thuggish dude. He'd probably fit as a Knuckles rival more than a Sonic if you ask me.

But yeah.. Bring Mighty back... as a bad guy.

How he is now he doesn't have more character than:

- A fat, lazy cat who lives in the forest with his best friend, a frog.

Thats quite a generalisation isn't it?

I was under the impression that Big was a giant cat who lives in a forest with his best friend who then goes on a dangerous mission to save the life of his best friend. Then he sticks up for his other friends when they're teased and picked on by Vector. Then theres Chronicles... I could write an essay on this guy... oh I did.

Oh, wow, are you proud?

You say shit like this, and then you have the balls to accuse Nathan of trolling?

No. Shadow was intended to be a clone. It had a story purpose, and he was still different enough that the story was kind of stupid.

Mighty was literally a character repurposed from a rejected Sonic design, and in at least one of the actual games he was in (possibly both of them) he was an incredibly lazy edit of a Sonic sprite sheet when someone at Sega decided they didn't want Sonic in Chaotix.

Sonic, only black/red and with his spikes smoothed out. Identical facial structure, identical body structure and close enough in design that he was inserted in a game by editing Sonic sprites.

"Oh, whoops. While putting the finishing touches on my drawing of Sonic, I extended one of Sonic's spikes too far down his body."

"Don't worry about it. Just extend the thing all the way down. We can call it a new character!"

Edited by Tornado