Awoo.

Wisp's ability

Woun

When I pulled the information from the Japanese site.

I suddenly found all the ability to Wisp.

Basic Actions:

Sonic-Colours-Lazer-Wisp.png

Cyan - "Laser"....

Sonic-Colours-Drill-Wisp.png

Yellow "Drill"....

Sonic-Colours-Hover-Wisp.png

Green "Hover"....

Sonic-Colours-Rocket-Wisp.png

Orange "Rocket"....

Sonic-Colours-Spike-Wisp.png

Pink "Spike"....

Sonic-Colours-Block-Wisp.png

Blue "Cube".... Interestingly, Sonic will transform into a square or a box?! :D

Sonic-Colours-Purple-Wisp.png

Purple "Frenzy".... - О_о

The remaining 2 Wisp hide.

• Thumbs Up 2

"Cube" doesn't tell us anything we don't already know, but "Frenzy"...weird. I'd guess it's something primarily attack-based, rather than platforming/movement-based like the rest of the wisps we've seen in action. But then, we haven't seen anything that can't be beaten by normal attacks or other wisp powers, so I can't imagine what purpose an attack-based wisp would serve.

I sure hope Frenzy is the new Invincibility. Haven't seen such a must have powerup in the longest time.

I sure hope Frenzy is the new Invincibility. Haven't seen such a must have powerup in the longest time.
Hm, that'd actually work. As a wisp powerup, that is, not necessarily that this is that. Put paths lined with damaging or even instant death substances, and have you use invincibility to power through, and get to safe ground before it runs out.

Invincibility? Well, The world these Purple/Violet Wisps Inhabit seems to be that Brown/Green Planet which seems to be made out of volcanoes that spew green lava, best place to have invincibility if you ask me!

post-2138-1284876583408_thumb.gif

post-2138-12848765936915_thumb.gif

Btw, SonicTrainer on the Sega forums noticed something on Sonic when he's using the purple wisp.....

Sonic-Colours-Purple-Wisp.pngpurplewispfreenzyjaw.png

He has a Sharp looking "Jaw" o=

Edited by Jetronic

So wait, does that suggest "Frenzy Sonic" (imagines narrator yelling, "FRENZY!") will... EAT ROBOTS?

OH THE INHUMANITY... OR... INROBOTONY... WHATEVER THE EQUIVALENT IS.

It could be the new invincibility but it looks like it won't be passing through walls or anything since the word Frenzy doesn't spring that to mind. A definition of Frenzy reads:

Frenzy: craze; state of violent mental agitation

So I guess Sonic is going to rip those robots to shreds.

Tails: Look at all those Eggman ro-

Sonic: FRENZY! RAWR NOMNOMNOM I'M SONIC EATER OF ROBOTS

Tails: O_O

Edited by Dusk the Wisp Keeper
  • Thumbs Up 3

While eating robots is awesome I also have to think of a use eating things brings to mind. Cause while eating things and being batshit insane is crazy awesome (and unconfirmed) I'm not imagining a real practical use where Sonic would need to eat robots, or at least, a use for it that's drastically different than his other powers. Also the powers usually have two special abilities anyways, like Laser can be used to shoot a laser that can act like a speeding bowling ball or used to transfer from one point to another through antennas or how Floating Sonic obviously floats but then also can do the Light Speed Dash.

So Sonic could eat robots but then he'd need another practical reason besides a free buffet. First use is if we have enemies that can't be killed without Frenzy Sonic (or giant things, the stage we see looks like it has green volcanoes as well as giant lifeforms) but since Frenzy Sonic isn't Drill Sonic I am betting besides nomming he'll have some other special. Maybe he can survive poison gas and magma as we have guessed? Maybe he EATS Poison Gas. I don't know, though he seems interesting.

Also I still can't think of a use for cube yet. The ONLY use I can think of is it fitting into tight spaces and sinking. Actually come to think of it, it could replace Sonic's stomp move in Unleashed but I mean it looks cool but what does it do? Do we go into tiny and tight-squeezed areas for some puzzle platforming where we have to get our cube through a tight and littered chute or something?

Edited by Dusk the Wisp Keeper

When I hear "Frenzy", I imagine that purple Sonic thing literally just plowing through robots quicker than normally, going straight to the hearest ones, though walls and obstacles.

Which could work well, like the LASER! but instead of prism like things, you zip through robots.

Also I am awaiting "F-FRENZZY!" with the announcer growing like werehog.

I imagine the frenzy Wisp would sound like the announcer from Mortal Kombat. FATALITY! Just a little scary.

Edited by Dabnikz

p11214888.jpg

Tails...ITS BUFFET TIME!!! FRENZY POWAH!!!!

Seriously, Sometimes I think Eggman knows his plans are screwed.

Hahah, What in the world is frenzy wisp? who knows but its fun to imagine dont cha think? heh.

Edited by Aries
  • Thumbs Up 3

I KNEW that the purple Wisp's powers would involve using the jaws. I can see it now, Sonic going on a chomping frenzy, eating everything and anything in sight :D

Added funny if he eats robots, transforms back to normal and spits out the bolts and screws XD

p11214888.jpg

Tails...ITS BUFFET TIME!!! FRENZY POWAH!!!!

Seriously, Sometimes I think Eggman knows his plans are screwed.

Hahah, What in the world is frenzy wisp? who knows but its fun to imagine dont cha think? heh.

I knew I couldn't have been the only one to think of Sweet Mountain when I saw the jaw.

That aside I think it would be cool if (but not counting on) when you shake the remote, you face the direction you want to go, then it sneaks up behind you and scares Sonic spitless. He freaks out, then charges forward in a panic, destroying all. But probobly not . <_<

Invincibility works for me though. :D

i think :

Drill White Wisp will be unlocked in : Sweet mountain - specially that sweet mountain act 1 has an increase focuse on that wisp

Lazer Cyan Wisp will be unlocked in : Tropical Resort

Spikes Pink Wisp will be unlocked in : carnival star light

Rocket wisp will be unlocked in : planet wisp - specially that planet wisp act 1 and 2 has an increase focuse on that wisp

that leaves the blue and purple wisps. I am guessing the water looking like stage in the Map, you would Unlock the Blue wisp in it. after all the Drill was confirmed that you could use it on water like a torpedo (check the sohrt interview with Ken in that video for proof :

).

also maybe their are only 5 Zones and you Unlock More than 1 Wisp Per Zone. but its just a guess, no official confirmation really confirmed only 5 zones.

Looking forward to a new trailer, i think we will see soon in first October a trailer for planet wisp and carnival star light (Like the last trailer when we had sweet mountain and tropical resort)

i can't wait to find out what other wisps powers are hidden. and i love both purple wisps (from DS and Wii), I am happy though that this wisp looks like a dark scary version of sonic :

Sonic-Colours-Purple-Wisp.png

Maybe that Wisp is Shown in an Amusement Park Scary Ride, Like in Dreampark or other amusement parks...

(Hmm the purple wisp looks like a Fish or a shark in some way, maybe its in a water stage?) , also the blue wisp might open a roads of blocks for you.

can't wait for find out! :)

Edited by speedduelist

Also I still can't think of a use for cube yet. The ONLY use I can think of is it fitting into tight spaces and sinking. Actually come to think of it, it could replace Sonic's stomp move in Unleashed but I mean it looks cool but what does it do? Do we go into tiny and tight-squeezed areas for some puzzle platforming where we have to get our cube through a tight and littered chute or something?
My thought is that it's the opposite of the Rocket power; become a big heavy block and smash down through anything below you. It's not quite as spectacular an ability as the other wisps, though, and would be really unimpressive if you used it while on the ground...so I dunno.

When I hear "Frenzy", I imagine that purple Sonic thing literally just plowing through robots quicker than normally, going straight to the hearest ones, though walls and obstacles.

Which could work well, like the LASER! but instead of prism like things, you zip through robots.

So, like, Super Light Speed Attack?

You know during the planet wisp footage that Nuckles87 posted there is a wall in a segment that looks like you can move towards it, but he tried to break it (because you know, Sonic breaks things with his face nowadays) and couldn't do it.

onomnomnomnom.png

Maybe some walls can be "chewed" to open new paths (like Knuckles could break things that Sonic couldn't), that would give this powerup another skill rather than invincibility.

Though invincibility can also be used to unlock new paths, like having a pit full of spikes that can only be passed with a precise laser shot, a pretty skillful use of hovercraft, or you could use the purple wisp and ONOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM....

EDIT:

Frenzy eh? well seeing sonic with those huge jaws...It probably has something to do with eating...its what stands out the most when you see the purple wisp xD

17.gif

You're right. O_O

*feels stupid for not noticing that before*

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 1

Frenzy eh? well seeing sonic with those huge jaws...It probably has something to do with eating...its what stands out the most when you see the purple wisp xD

Edited by dabbido