Awoo.

New Screnshots!

Woun

It's so beautiful O_O

Also, underwater levels in mah 3D Sonic game? YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!

This is officially my new favourite Sonic game. I haven't even played it, and I love it. It can do no wrong.

I eagerly await the day this gets a 90%+ score and the internet implodes as a result.

Woah they finally added an underwater sections to a 3D Sonic game holy shit so this means will be getting new drowning music YAY!!! XD which we haven't had since Sonic Adventure 2 Knuckles & Rouges levels about time thought also this level looks like Chun-Nan 2.0 but in space which is alright with me I freaking loved that level XD

... Did you spoil Dread's surprise, Woun?

Nice, here's the water planet we expected. Another Asian setting. It reminds me of a themed aquarium.

I see awesome things! The blue Wisp is in there smashing down like the Kirby brick we predicted. And the drill Wisp underwater!

I see some possible bubble gimmicks and some kinda ring-platform thing. Maybe the blue Wisp has something to do with it.

And hey, Samurai Egg Pawns with katanas! Is he smashing them with a pushable block? This game is full of great ideas!

By the way, YES FINALLY A WATER STAGE.

Edited by Dabnikz

Woun, I'm just going to +1 all of your posts. Like forever.

I'm pretty sure the Blue Wisp can get fucked, there's fucking water stages in fucking Sonic Colors. They can't fuck this up. They can't.

*looks at file name*

Oh it called Aquarium Park Zone then awesome name like it a lot :) all these screenshots makes me wanna buy the game now hurry up SEGA and release it XD.

Edited by Shaddix

I'm tempted to make a joke about how this zone is going to make a lot of us wet, but I've decided against it :P

Drowning music is a must. If they have that in, I will bow down and accept Sonic Colours as my new lord and master.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like the familiar fish Badniks. Maybe Sonic will fight the huge eel too. This one shot of Sonic water-drilling is so active. All those things are enemies? It really looks alive.

I just noticed that shot is labeled as the boss and so are the ones with the torpedoes. It looks like a submarine boss. I'm also really liking the 3D platforming here.

That DS boss is using those one-eyed robots I spotted on the last screens. I'm really starting to think these cyclops Badniks are the main enemy of the handheld version.

Not quite. ;)

Ha ha, good to know. Woun is a screenshot wizard, but I bet you've seen much more of the game than us. :P

Edited by Dabnikz

Ha ha, good to know. Woun is a screenshot wizard, but I bet you've seen much more of the game than us.  :P

No, just like you.

The most important thing that the Japanese site is not posted.

So do without arts. : 3

Oh my heavens this game is beautiful. Best Sonic game ever in terms of environments - an underwater industrialized ancient Japan enclosed in a biosphere in space?! I can dig that. Also Samurai Pawns are freaking awesome. The underwater enemies are superb as well - it appears that one of them is a mish-mash of several classic fish badniks. It's got the general design of a Gabuccho, the colour scheme of a Puku-Puku, the turbines of a Piranha, and the fins of a Bata-Bata. Awesome!

Also first underwater level in a 3D Sonic platforming game (as Sonic). Groundbreaking! That Blue Wisp's ability has been revealed as well - looks like a Ground Pound of some sort? That's anything the Stomp Boots couldn't do though - not to mention we've seen him already capable of doing stomps in the DS version already. Hmm, I'm guessing it's more than just that then. Wonder what it does?

Edited by HunterTSF

I... I'm not dreaming, am I? This is really happening, right? This is reality? Sega, making a underwater level on a 3D Sonic game... with SONIC?! I thought only Knuckles would ever have underwater levels![/exaggerating]

This is a very pleasant surprise. This game is possibly now the best 3D Sonic game ever. Unleashed took the place of SA2 in my opinion, but this manages to beat Unleashed in how interesting it is before it's even OUT.

However, the important question is if it's more fun throughout the -whole- game. And I do believe it will be.

Edited by Shade Vortex

I'm wondering if these empty platforms have something to do with the brick Wisp. They're comparable in size so maybe they interact.

Blue Wisp goes into the platforms, then you can move the block as you please, as long as you're touching other blue blocks, to create pathways?

Just a guess. That would be awesome however.

I'm guessing the Blue Wisp is some sort of SUPAH GROUND POUND! that lets Sonic fall harder and faster, breaking stuff his normal ground pound move wouldn't break.

I can't see anything else it would be used for it.

Some of the Wisps have two uses, such as the Green Wisps' hover and light dash abilities, so it could be that the Blue Wisp makes those blue platforms and does a stronger stomp attack.

It seems like we're in for a "lengthy preview" courtesy of Dread, if it hasn't been mentioned before.

There's not much to say here that hasn't already been said, so I'll just pipe in to say that I, too, think that this is pretty much distilled awesome. A combination of two distinct level themes into an awesome mish-mash? Check. An underwater level for the first time in 3D, barring a couple of Knuckles' levels? Check. New badniks in a 3D game? Check. The only concern I could possibly raise is that I'm a little disappointed that we're getting Samurai Pawns instead of Pirate Pawns, but when that's all I can come up with, you know the game's good.