Awoo.

Blue Wisp Revealed!

Agent York

http://blogs.sega.com/sonic/2010/09/20/sonic-colours-manic-monday-update-iii-the-blue-wisp-revealed/

Thanks AAUK! To add a bit more it makes me think of the POW Buttons or whatever they were called in Super Mario World, where certain platforms and objects only become available with them on. Still cool though.

Edited by Dusk the Wisp Keeper

Well that saves me doing a thread...

My timing is impeccable since I just woke up 5 minutes ago. lD

Though it's looking great, so much news today.

I don't really understand. So when you have the power activated the blue rings turn into platforms? How do you move if you're a block? Or do you just use it and they turn in to platforms and you can be normal Sonic?

Hmm... this is the kinda thing I'd need to see in action to get a good idea of it, I guess. It sounds interesting, at any rate.

This just leaves that creepy looking purple Wisp, right? Now that will be an intriguing announcement.

Hmm... this is the kinda thing I'd need to see in action to get a good idea of it, I guess. It sounds interesting, at any rate.

This just leaves that creepy looking purple Wisp, right? Now that will be an intriguing announcement.

That leaves both of the Purple Wisps :P Why does everyone forget that there are two purple Wisps? :lol:

That leaves both of the Purple Wisps :P Why does everyone forget that there are two purple Wisps? :lol:

Oh... I was only really thinking about the Wii version. There's only one purple Wisp in the Wii version, isn't there?

Now I feel bad for forgetting the DS version. I will make it up with cookies.

I'm still calling it, Frenzy Sonic eats stuff.

WATCH OUT IT'S MOTHER FUCKING FRENZY SONIC. All your robots are devoured by him.

But Blue Wisp sounds interesting but I think I'll also get it more-so in motion. I see the blue rings and platforms so I guess he uses those, on landing or only then... Well he'll create Rings our of Water! That's almost like creating wine out of water... Sonic Team, are you suggesting something?

Edited by Dusk the Wisp Keeper

That's almost like creating wine out of water... Sonic Team, are you suggesting something?

Blue Christ confirmed for Sonic Colours.

...really, though, I was expecting some kind of platform-creating power, but the exact way this has panned out is kind of odd. I sort of get it, but I'll really need to see it in action for it to make complete sense to me (hint hint, SEGA). It definitely looks good, though, and it seems like it could be usable in 3D, which is awesome.

Eh... this has grown on me. I like the concept of turning blue blocks into rings and vice versa. Still, you're a CUBE; how do you move?! Do you use the real super power of team work, or soemething?

WATCH OUT IT'S MOTHER FUCKING FRENZY SONIC. All your robots are devoured by him.

But Blue Wisp sounds interesting but I think I'll also get it more-so in motion. I see the blue rings and platforms so I guess he uses those, on landing or only then... Well he'll create Rings our of Water! That's almost like creating wine out of water... Sonic Team, are you suggesting something?

Sosus.png

On another note, the US Pictures might've helped me understand. I think when you smash against the blue rings they turn into blocks for a short time or something.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 3

Here's how it works - you shake the Wii Remote, some dude yells "KYOOOOOB!" If Sonic's in the air, he'll fall down and whomp the floor as that blue cube. Any blue coins turn into solid blue platforms. Any solid blue platforms turn into blue rings. Sonic turns back into Sonic immediately after this 'cube ground pound' to take advantage of this change before the charge meter runs down. You can continue to use the power for as long as there is charge still in the meter (in later levels this becomes necessary as you will need to keep flipping blue coins and blocks around to traverse through a particular route). Once the meter runs down, blocks and rings go back to what they were - unless you collected the rings, in which case those platforms won't return.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oooh, it's a P-switch!

Sounds cool. SMW hacks have shown me a lot of interesting usage of P-switches, so I wonder how this game will compare...

Frenzy Sonic turns into Werehog.

Then everyone bursts out into a fit of rage and thinks Sonic 4 is the better game. D:

• Thumbs Up 1

5009070860_2d52b54024_b.jpg

It looks like Sonic is turning back to normal Sonic in this pic.. And I think this is the first pic we've seen non-transformed blue rings.

And thanks for the pics. You're my favorite deputy!

Edited by MarcelloF

Frenzy Sonic turns into Werehog.

Then everyone bursts out into a fit of rage and thinks Sonic 4 is the better game. D:

Well if Sonic Colours is built out of a heavily butchered Sonic Unleashed Engine/Graphics setup, as people so claim, then a Wisp that turns Sonic into something that either resembles or controls like the Werehog isn't farfetched at all. I mean, the werehog had it's advantages, it was just too overused, didn't deserve to take up a third of playing time, and felt too seperate from regular Sonic. A Wisp granting Sonic the TEMPORARY ability to turn into a Werehog like creature at will could actually be pretty awesome. I like the idea.