Awoo.

US/UK Website Updates

Detective Shadzter

Silver The Hedgehog:

A denizen of the future who returned to save the planet from ruin. Sincere and just, he uses telekinetic abilities to gracefully guide his gear.

• Thumbs Up 2

Woo woo! The website's Character section finally got updated! New artworks, new artworks everywhere.

shadow.pngrouge.pnge10000.pngamy.pngcream.pngvector.pngeggman.pngmetalsonic.pngsilver.pngblaze.png

DESE RENDERS. zomg so awesome. Amy looks cuter than ever! Shadow's awesome as usual! Metal Sonic's lookin pretty rad! BLAAAZZEEYYY :3. SIilver's lookin' cool! Eggman's stylin'! E-10000G gets his first 3D render! Vector's lookin' triumphant! Rouge is lookin' neat! Cream's adorable! Yaaay!

• Thumbs Up 2

I love that they didn't add accessories to Metal as he really doesn't need them to look cool. His model looks different than before. Cool stuff!

HOLY SHIT!

I can't decide who looks more awesome! I mean, Shadow, Metal Sonic, Blaze, Silver, Rouge, Cream, Dr, Eggman, Vector..Everyone is so awesome!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I've always found it kind of funny how Blaze is the one wearing the ridiculous latex catsuit, while Rouge just looks like she's out for a jog.

Man, seeing normal-style Eggman in his Riders outfit is weird... probably the weirdest thing to come out of the art style change. It's quite cool, though.

I've always found it kind of funny how Blaze is the one wearing the ridiculous latex catsuit, while Rouge just looks like she's out for a jog.

Man, seeing normal-style Eggman in his Riders outfit is weird... probably the weirdest thing to come out of the art style change. It's quite cool, though.

It's just me, or do they really have added volume at Blaze's hips?

Rouge has a very strange pose... it's not graceful at all.

But in general, I like everything. )

So according to the pdf, Omochao is also the announcer in the races :blink: .

Happy to see it's optional though. And god I love this catchy music.

Looking at the track maps, I'm under the impression that the normal and expert courses have some parts in common, while in other parts the expert courses take a longer path.

But it depends on the tracks; for Dolphin Resort, I can't really see any similarities between the two maps.

Looking at the track maps, I'm under the impression that the normal and expert courses have some parts in common, while in other parts the expert courses take a longer path.

But it depends on the tracks; for Dolphin Resort, I can't really see any similarities between the two maps.

I didn't notice it showed the two different maps. Thanks for pointing that out, Core. Hope they add some more differences to the tracks.

EDIT:

There are different descriptions too, which make them sound very different.

EDIT 2:

The image changes with the maps too, showing an image of both versions.

wait wat pdf has omochao in it

Who cares about those 10 stupid renders of totally lame characters when you have 8 shiny new renders of the totally awesome Omochao at your disposal?!

omochao1.pngomochao2.pngomochao3.pngomochao4.pngomochao5.pngomochao6.pngomochao7.pngomochao8.png

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to go sit in a corner and cry about their lack of an alpha channel.

...and ponder how Omochao can hold a microphone without functional hands. AND OH MY GAWD HIS MOUTH CAN EMOTE NOW.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 2

The alternate Expert tracks sound very different from the normal one and judging by the images, they look pretty different too, in some cases.

Dolphin Resort:

Normal:

A resort town colored in sea green and sky blue, where the dolphins dance to welcome guests from around the world.

Expert:

This new hot-spot built in the exotic resort allows visitors to water-ski with the dolphins in a massive pool.

EDIT:

Thanks for the Omochao art HunterTSF! Omochao FTW!

A comparison of the Metal Sonic render with past renders reveals that he actually DOES have Sonic Riders style modifications. They are very subtle, but he has different hands and different shoes.

I eventually noticed Vector has different shoes too:

Normal look:

Vector_6.png

Free Riders look:

Sonic-Free-Riders-Vector-artwork.png

It's just me, or do they really have added volume at Blaze's hips?

I noticed that, but my attention keeps getting drawn back to Shadow.

Every game they seem to add more and more mass to the dude. Looking at the thickness of his limbs now, he dwarfs Silver and even Knuckles. Looks good on him though, he has that intimidation factor going. Ultimate Lifeform indeed.

Yeah, I noticed these updates before.

Also, one main thing of note... Notice how the characters seemed to be grouped up by team. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles. Jet, Wave, Storm. Amy, Cream, Vector. Before that last one, though, we have Shadow, Rouge, and E-10000G.

I think that the E-10000 robots are considered one character now and you just switch between different colors. Unless, of course, the one on the Story Mode actually IS green, other than blue as everyone has stated, but I'm not so sure.

Just something of interest. Also, I think Shadow and Rouge are "teamed up" with E-10000G so they can keep an eye on him, likely due to being hired by GUN. Shadow clearly doesn't have any interest in the Grand Prix itself. He's just on a mission.

Something of note.

Just something of interest. Also, I think Shadow and Rouge are "teamed up" with E-10000G so they can keep an eye on him, likely due to being hired by GUN. Shadow clearly doesn't have any interest in the Grand Prix itself. He's just on a mission.

That makes sense, but I'm not sure if it's very likely. You'd think that if Rouge and Shadow being GUN agents was relevant to Free Riders' story, it'd be mentioned in their profiles. Hell, being a spy for GUN is a pretty major part of Rouge's character, and it's still not mentioned. I'm doubtful that GUN will be involved in the story much, if at all.

When was the last time Shadow was part of GUN in the games, anyway? People keep bringing that up, but the only instance I can remember was in '06, and that might not even count anymore.

Lol, people have to actually get home and set up the equipment. Me personally, I have to wait until 10 Am. My gamestop canned the midnight launch.