Awoo.

US/UK Website Updates

Detective Shadzter

SEGA has just launched the official Sonic Free Riders website and announced the official release date, which is as you guessed, the Kinect launch dates.

November 4th in the U.S.

November 10th in Europe.

http://www.sega.co.uk/sonicfreeriders/uk/#/home

The dates were announced on SEGA's Twitter too:

Heads up! Sonic Free Riders will be released in North America on November 4th, and in Europe on November 10th.

— SEGA (@SEGA)

September 30, 2010

Not much available on the site right now apart from hi-res art if you can extract it, but it has a cool feature of letting you use your webcam to navigate it.

So Every New sonic game would be out on every country in November, By 16 November Every New sonic game would be out [not counting Sonic Adventure because it isn't new, and not counting sonic&sega all star racing because its a SEGA Game).

any ways can't wait to see video footage of this game on you tube when it comes out because its highly likely i won't buy it,

I am not interested in any kinect game besides "sonic free riders" :)

Haha, okay that is really quite awesome. While the webcam control is of course quite difficult, I've not seen anything like that on a PC before. Definite thumbs up for it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Lol! I wondered if you'd start digging :lol:

That Aztec looking track looks pretty cool. Thanks Woun! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Note to internet users: The webcam is in no way a demo of how the Kinect functions!

Hmm, well looks like I'll be picking this one up come November. I pre-ordered Kinect with Rare's Sports title via Wal-Mart's $30 gift card deal. It's a shame the deal didn't include Free Riders nor can I change the pre-order, however with the $30 Wal-Mart GC it would only be $20 B)

Wait, that BGM_08 is literally just Metal City from Riders (pretty sure the other that SFR_event is the tutorial from the same game too). Not remixes or anything. Odd. Thanks for the rips guys.

Edited by Blue Blood

Thanks Aquaslash. Wave is on the site to, she's in the screenshots section. If you could grab her too, I'd appreciate it.

Anyone got a clock on how long it was between the site going live and people encouraging it to be torn apart?

Hmm?

Just I seem to recall slight frowning from TSS last time this happened and so it seems somewhat hypocritical to be all happy-clappy about it this time.

Just pointing it out for the sake of balance!

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone got a clock on how long it was between the site going live and people encouraging it to be torn apart?

Hmm?

Just I seem to recall slight frowning from TSS last time this happened and so it seems somewhat hypocritial to be all happy-clappy about it this time.

Frowning? Really? I recall people were quite happy when Woun ripped stuff from the Sonic Colors Japanese site.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm?

Just I seem to recall slight frowning from TSS last time this happened and so it seems somewhat hypocritial to be all happy-clappy about it this time.

I don't know what you mean. Is there anything wrong with people ripping things from the site? And since when has anyone here frowned upon it? As far as I'm concerned it's fair play, and especially funny if unannounced info is in there (Sonic 4 iPhone lol).

Edited by Blue Blood

Frowning? Really? I recall people were quite happy when Woun ripped stuff from the Sonic Colors Japanese site.

IIRC, people made a fuzz about the kittens (I know you took out the filter) ripping things from the ASR site (revealing Jacky & Akira and the Chu-Chu's as playable characters).

Just pointing that out...

Edited by gato

IIRC, people made a fuzz about the kitties ripping things from the ASR site (revealing Jacky & Akira and the Chu-Chu's as playable characters).

Just pointing that out...

I think the only one that really complained was S0L, and it was because he was completely unaware of not only the usual antics of the website staff, but the community's penchant for instantly tearing apart anything and everything official.

That, and Tristan was asked to take it down, and didn't comply. The gay piece of slag.

Edited by Aquaslash
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hmm?

It's a tad difficult to deter us from ripping these images from these sites if that's the only way of retrieving them. (Here's some pretty pictures of your favourite characters! But no, you can't have them. You can't rip them from the site because that's frowned upon, and we'll never release them to the public elsewhere anyways! Ohohoho!)

I think less people would be inclined to rip the images from the official sites if they were given a formal release elsewhere from an official source. Not all of the artwork featured on these sites are distributed freely via the press vault after all - some of the artwork of the supporting cast members, objects, and miscellaneous other things have been only available by extracting them from the site (This has been the case for Sonic World Adventure, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Riders: Shooting Star Story, Sonic Riders, Sonic Heroes, and just about every other game with a website out there.)

Not to mention it's not breaking any rules. You inadvertently download these images to your computer just by visiting the site anyways!

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 4

It's a tad difficult to deter us from ripping these images from these sites if that's the only way of retrieving them. (Here's some pretty pictures of your favourite characters! But no, you can't have them. You can't rip them from the site because that's frowned upon, and we'll never release them to the public elsewhere anyways! Ohohoho!)

I think less people would be inclined to rip the images from the official sites if they were given a formal release elsewhere from an official source. Not all of the artwork featured on these sites are distributed freely via the press vault after all - some of the artwork of the supporting cast members, objects, and miscellaneous other things have been only available by extracting them from the site (This has been the case for Sonic Unleashed, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, Sonic Riders, Sonic Heroes, and just about every other game with a website out there.)

Not to mention it's not breaking any rules. You inadvertently download these images to your computer just by visiting the site anyways!

Seconding this post with the force of the entire Decepticon army!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

Good God, that music the most awful and brilliant thing ever. What the hell?

Also, this should be merged with the other topic.