• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Detective Shadzter

• speedfreak

• Marcello

• Octarine

Top Posters In This Topic

Sonic-Colours-DS-Planet-Wisp-8.jpg

Is this the first we've seen of Planet Wisp's boss? It looks a little less interesting than Sweet Mountain's, but it doesn't seem particularly bad. I'm just a little worried because of how high Rush Adventure set the bar.

Also, I'm still finding it kind of weird that we've barely seen anything boss-related from the Wii version. I mean, we've got official media of every zone except the last, but the only boss we've ever seen is Tropical Resort's, and even then I'm pretty sure there's only ever been cam footage from the super-easy demo version. I'm not really eager to be spoiled or anything, but I'd like to see a second boss just to get a rough idea of how the rest are going to play out.

We've seen the water planet boss in the Wii version too.

What we haven't seen in the Wii version is special stages, and now I'm almost positive there aren't any. :(

Have we? I certainly don't remember seeing it, although maybe I just never spotted it. I could've just mistaken it for a really big regular enemy or something...

...wait, right, the hermit crab thing. I totally forgot about that for some reason. :blink:

can someone zip the new shots so we don't have to dig through old ones?

I've put all of the new ones in my TSS article:

http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/2010/10/new-sonic-colours-planet-wisp-wii-ds-screenshots/

Sonic-Colours-DS-Planet-Wisp-8.jpg

Is this the first we've seen of Planet Wisp's boss? It looks a little less interesting than Sweet Mountain's, but it doesn't seem particularly bad. I'm just a little worried because of how high Rush Adventure set the bar.

That's the DS version's Planet Wisp boss, not the Aquatic Park boss and it's not the first time we've seen it. We saw screens of it back in August.

What we haven't seen in the Wii version is special stages, and now I'm almost positive there aren't any. :(

We don't know if the hermit crab is the boss. It could just be a thing in the level.

The only boss we know for sure in the Wii version is the Tropical Resort boss.

That's the DS version's Planet Wisp boss, not the Aquatic Park boss and it's not the first time we've seen it. We saw screens of it back in August.

But, but, that's what I said...

Anyway, thanks; I kind of had a feeling that we'd seen the boss before somewhere. I'm going to blame my forgetting that on how visually similar it is to Tropical Resort's boss... seriously, what happened to unique designs like the Ghost Rex or Ghost Whale, or even Tropical Resort's candy pirate? Not that I'm really complaining, since the DS version still looks pretty awesome. Just saying.

Edited by Octarine

But, but, that's what I said...

Anyway, thanks; I kind of had a feeling that we'd seen the boss before somewhere. I'm going to blame my forgotting that on how visually similar it is to Tropical Resort's boss... seriously, what happened to unique designs like the Ghost Rex or Ghost Whale, or even Tropical Resort's candy pirate?

Oh, sorry. I thought I saw you call it "the water planet's boss", but just noticed that's what speedfreak was talking about in the post below yours. I really need to stop staying up so late and missing sleep :lol:

I agree that the DS versions bosses could be a bit more creative.

Have we? I certainly don't remember seeing it, although maybe I just never spotted it. I could've just mistaken it for a really big regular enemy or something...

...wait, right, the hermit crab thing. I totally forgot about that for some reason. :blink:

We don't know if the hermit crab is the boss. It could just be a thing in the level.

The only boss we know for sure in the Wii version is the Tropical Resort boss.

I'm not even talking about the crab thing. This is the water planet boss.

21376wii_qua_boss_35.jpg

21377wii_qua_boss_39.jpg

Edited by speedfreak

Oh, ok then. Sorry. It doesn't look like a boss :-/ So then we know two Wii bosses, I guess.

Edit: Although, looking at it again, I see it. You probably have to jump on the platforms that are being shot out and hit the dome on the second pic..

Edited by MarcelloF

thanks and all, but is that the highest quality those wii version pics can get?

EDIT: Nevermind i figured it out. if anybody wants the HQ version pics hit me up.

Edited by goku262002

thanks and all, but is that the highest quality those wii version pics can get?

You can get them a bit bigger at the Andriasang link if you click the "switch to full view" link. I didn't notice it until after I posted them in my article and didn't want to go through the hassle of reposting them all again. I wish sites like those would just automatically set it so the thumbnail links to the highest resolution, without any messing about.