Awoo.

Sonic Colours Review topic

Shaddix Leto Croft

Also, GamePro Magazine gave both the Wii and DS versions 87% each.

Think anyone can get us some scans of this? I seriously want proof of this just in case no one believes me (because cmon this is pretty hard to believe after all this time.)

Cant wait for EGM's Review.

Wow, it's exciting to see Colours get all these good scores! If IGN gives this game an 8 or higher I'm going to need a paper bag to breathe into. Their Sonic 4 review already surprised me (though not too much since it's fully 2D and it's just Sonic and Eggman). Sure there's been optimistic previews of some of the recent games but the final score was always a different story. It's great to see the good first impressions actually stay good impressions at the end of the day this time around.

That cycle-breaking picture pretty much made my day. Now we just need it in higher resolution to make it as a desktop background for that extra layer of awesomness. :D

Edited by Captain THPS4

^I think that's great. Probably more appropriate to use a Colors render anyway. Though the look on his face in the Unleashed one was satisfying as well.

Nice to see good reviews coming in, but not surprising. Sega's making the first truly appealing/high-quality console Sonic game, so it will get rated accordingly. I suppose anyone still trying to cling to the "critics hate Sonic" conspiracy ideas can finally drop it though.

^I think that's great. Probably more appropriate to use a Colors render anyway. Though the look on his face in the Unleashed one was satisfying as well.

Actually, I believe the original was a Colors render...but this one is certainly more fitting either way.

Kinda like this?

*E PIC (lols)*

Oh man that was so awesome! :_D

*Feels good*

I also like how the Wisps seems to be helping with the cycle.jpg breaking.

Edited by el gato del eje

Kinda like this?

rzsrb2.png

(lol crappy editing job...)

I think I'm gonna use this in my signature, if you don't mind. ^_^

A report on NeoGAF indicates major gaming magazine GamePro gave both Wii and DS editions of Sonic Colors a very respectable and very high 87% rating.

We don’t have any information beyond that at the moment, but while not in the 90 percentile, consider this: the online component of the magazine rated the highly celebrated Kirby’s Epic Yarn at just 80%. And Super Mario Galaxy 2, one of the highest rated titles of all time, was rated by GamePro.com at 4 and a half out of 5 stars–the equivalent of a 90%.

It looks increasingly likely Sonic Colors may be the game to beat on both Wii and DS this Holiday season. We’ll have more review round-ups when made available. And if you have scans of the review, we’d love to hear from you; send us a news tip.

http://www.tssznews.com/2010/11/01/report-gamepro-gives-87-to-both-edition-of-sonic-colors/

This has been a great year to be a Sonic fan.

... Sonic is back babeh!

dawgonit...Sonic is on a roll. 0_0

So, Sonic Colors is already, most likely, in the top 50 highest rated games of all time on Gamepro?

My pants. Are gone.

Edited by SuperClassic

I wish....he only slides in Colors. :P

Also...

http://www.tssznews....f-sonic-colors/

This has been a great year to be a Sonic fan.

... Sonic is back babeh!

FIRST@... oh wai-

Also, GamePro Magazine gave both the Wii and DS versions 87% each.

http://www.sonicstad...c-colors-an-87/

So... yeah...

EDIT: mind you, I'm talking about the article itself, not your post.

Edited by el gato del eje

3% away from Mario Galaxy 2?! Wow :blink: ! Sonic is taking his well deserved throne BACK BABY!! :lol:. I just realised something...If Sonic Colours manages to get over 90/100 on Metacritic...it will be on the top three highest rated Wii games!!

You can be pretty sure it won't go that high. 80 to 85 average perhaps, but there's no way it'll top a 90 average.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

You can be pretty sure it won't go that high. 80 to 85 average perhaps, but there's no way it'll top a 90 average.

Not to be a prick or anything but, it wouldn't kill to have a little faith y'know.

• Thumbs Up 3

Not to be a prick or anything but, it wouldn't kill to have a little faith y'know.

lolwut

This is realism, not pessimism. It's very unlikely that this game will get an average score of 90.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

lolwut

This is realism, not pessimism. It's very unlikely that this game will get an average score of 90.

I have to agree here. Considering the only games that have averaged over 90% on the Wii this year are SMG2 and Kirby's Epic Yarn, I highly doubt that a Sonic game would average 90%+.

Why? CUZ DEM REVIEWAZ HATEZ DA 3RD PARTIE WII GAMZ :ph34r:

...OK then.

No, seriously. Colours has the makings of an 80-85 score really. Check this list of the top 10 Wii games:

1. 97- Mario Galaxy
  2. 97- Mario Galaxy 2
  3. 95- Twilight Princess
  4. 94- World of Goo
  5. 93- SSBB
  6. 92- Rock Band 2
  7. 92- Rock Band 3
  8. 91- Metroid Trilogy
  9. 91- Resident Evil 4
  10. 90- Okami

It can't compete with those games, even if it does look fantastic.

No, seriously. Colours has the makings of an 80-85 score really. Check this list of the top 10 Wii games:

1. 97- Mario Galaxy
  2. 97- Mario Galaxy 2
  3. 95- Twilight Princess
  4. 94- World of Goo
  5. 93- SSBB
  6. 92- Rock Band 2
  7. 92- Rock Band 3
  8. 91- Metroid Trilogy
  9. 91- Resident Evil 4
  10. 90- Okami

It can't compete with those games, even if it does look fantastic.

You never know, I don't expect it to do that good either, but its good to keep an open mind.

• Thumbs Up 2

You never know, I don't expect it to do that good either, but its good to keep an open mind.

Edited by Blue Blood