• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Detective Shadzter

• Shane

• Woun

• the blu blur

Thanks Woun! That's interesting that this is based on the Unleashed formula but they're using an engine called PhysX instead of the Havok engine used in both HD and SD versions of Sonic Unleashed.

EDIT:

More info about the PhysX engine.

Didn't they already use PhysX in the past though? I know I saw it somewhere...

Just checked and Secret Rings used PhysX by ageia and Black Knight used the NVIDIA version used here in Colours. Makes sense, since it's the storybook game team that have made this.

Oh, right. I think PhysX was also used in NiGHTS JoD.

On a side note, there isn't a Ageia version and a Nvidia version - it's just that Ageia was acquired by Nvidia.

It's neat to see Eggman as the main focus of the back cover! Watch out Sonic, between this and his hilarious lines you might be replaced!

Oh, right. I think PhysX was also used in NiGHTS JoD.

On a side note, there isn't a Ageia version and a Nvidia version - it's just that Ageia was acquired by Nvidia.

Oh, I thought that might be a possibility after I posted that XD I don't keep up with these things too closely. Thanks for the info :)

I have only one tiny complaint; they're using an outdated shot of the game where Sonic is in Tropical Resort and you can clearly see the circle shadow, why?

Hopefully the NA box if this is final will have a final/near-final build shot to replace it.

Glad they're finally using the newer Dolby logo, it really irked me that Sega was still using the older one. Did the PAL BK box use the old or new Dolby logo? The NA used the old one.

I have only one tiny complaint; they're using an outdated shot of the game where Sonic is in Tropical Resort and you can clearly see the circle shadow, why?
Laziness.

This stuff happens all the time; off the top of my head, LoZ:TP has a shot with a magic bar (and there's no magic in the final game), and to go way back, SMB3 has a shot of a level that isn't in the final game. All things considered, an outdated shadow is nothing.

Hopefully the NA box if this is final will have a final/near-final build shot to replace it.

Glad they're finally using the newer Dolby logo, it really irked me that Sega was still using the older one. Did the PAL BK box use the old or new Dolby logo? The NA used the old one.

Yeah that something all Sonic cover art and many other games have E3 screenshots/pre release images on the back of the cover just look at Sonic Unleashed for one that has many old images on the back (you can mostly tell on the werehog image)

Unleashed_box_ps3_au_back.jpg

So it's nothing new with using older build screenshots with games covers then XD

Really loving that back of that cover though, Eggman needs to be on the covers more often than just Sonic do wish there was more Tails though =( but at least Cubot & Orbot are on it =D.

Edited by Shaddix

It looks great: the back in particular.

Although Orbot and Cubot look a little bit small, and the tag line below Eggman is a bit long-winded. It reminds me of something you'd hear at the end of that 1960's Batman show.

Laziness.

This stuff happens all the time; off the top of my head, LoZ:TP has a shot with a magic bar (and there's no magic in the final game), and to go way back, SMB3 has a shot of a level that isn't in the final game. All things considered, an outdated shadow is nothing.

I also know my Skies of Arcadia Legends boxart has screenshots from the Japanese version of the game.

And on a somewhat related note, the Mario Kart Double Dash boxart has a Luigi with a backwards L.

There are a lot of great games with some really sloppily-made boxarts.

That is some really appealing box art right there... front and back. Can't say I am surprised though, everything Colors related is on the upswing.

That European Unleashed back cover is entirely different from the North American version. Could this hold true for Colours too?

That European Unleashed back cover is entirely different from the North American version. Could this hold true for Colours too?

it usually does. The Sonic Retro site has a nice catalog of boxart covers (front and back) which backs up the fact that the boxarts are traditionally different based on region.

it usually does. The Sonic Retro site has a nice catalog of boxart covers (front and back) which backs up the fact that the boxarts are traditionally different based on region.

Hell, even the spelling is different in each region this time.

interesting...

It's really not interesting at all. Americans simply have a few different rules and as such miss out the letter 'u' where other English-speaking countries would leave it in. 'Colour' is prime example.