Awoo.

English Website NOW LIVE!

Detective Shadzter

Right, thanks for the heads up!. Gonna explore and try to avoid spoilerage.

EDIT: Links not working! Infinite loop!

Edited by Blue Blood

Same here site is not working keep on getting

"The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies"

Lol but thanks for letting us know Shadzter =).

Edited by Shaddix

Right, thanks for the heads up!. Gonna explore and try to avoid spoilerage.

EDIT: Links not working! Infinite loop!

Yeah, no go from my NA side either!

Same here site is not working keep on getting

"The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies"

Lol but thanks for letting us know Shadzter =).

That's what I keep getting. :( I've just posted in the SEGA Forums topic about it to see if I can get any help from Kellie. I've even tried setting the flag to the U.S. one at SEGA's website, since that's helped in the past, but still no luck.

I will say this: the game has the best music ever.

More music is there? Cool. What features does the site have? Anything new? Anything locked as usual with these sites?

I only did a quick browse, but the site includes the usual-- Game features, level descriptions, and character and Wisp bios (although the picture for Sonic's is strangely missing). It's not too Flash heavy, thank God, but there is a gimmick wherein clicking on the Wisps floating around when reading about the levels will unlock special wallpapers for you. What I found most interesting however is the fact that the Wisp profiles detail them as highly emotional beings, and I wonder how that's going to translate into the narrative whenever you meet a new one.

Collecting wallpapers for those too lazy to look, here's green/blue:

post-763-1287445168709_thumb.png

post-763-12874452184933_thumb.png

So pretty. :)

EDIT: Orange/Pink

post-763-12874454287518_thumb.png

post-763-12874454122805_thumb.png

EDIT: And the rest of the activated ones:

post-763-12874455775432_thumb.png

post-763-12874455959222_thumb.png

post-763-12874456145782_thumb.png

Interesting that the American site has a 'U!' :lol:

Edited by BlazingTales
  • Thumbs Up 1

1SITE.jpg

It's similar to the Unleashed site as you can see the different locations, characters, and stuff like that, also, the music's epic.

Edited by Ferno

More music is there? Cool. What features does the site have? Anything new? Anything locked as usual with these sites?

Well let's see. The videos for the stages are locked. The music that plays when you select a level is there and Asteroid Coaster is the only locked out level. The Eggman ship is the game info section and the wisps you see around are things you can click on to get a screenshot of them using their wisp powers. You know the normal stuff.

Edited by Torcano

Thanks for the info and pics guys, appreciate it :D

From Kellie:

Thanks guys, I've got the web team working on this now. It's working fine for us here in the office, and for some other people, but I'm seeing lots of this infinite redirect issue.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?349139-Sonic-Colors-Website-Live!&p=6291296#post6291296

I'm in using Google Chrome. The site is pretty well designed actually.

Here's some new character bios for everyone:

Sonic the Hedgehog: Sonic is a hedgehog who loves freedom and the truth. He can't leave anyone in need of help and he's spent years rescuing victims from Dr. Eggman's conniving schemes. He knows better than to believe the rotund scientist, especially when Dr. Eggman claims to be doing something nice.

Tails "Miles" Prower: Tails is a flying, two-tailed fox who helps Sonic out on his many adventures. Tails' mechanical genius often gets them out of trouble and helps them stay just ahead of Dr. Eggman's henchmen. In Sonic Colors Tails builds a translator that lets them communicate with the Wisps who are being held captive by Dr. Eggman.

Yacker: Yacker is a curly haired white wisp who barely escaped from Dr. Eggman's evil robots. He asks Sonic to help him save the Wisps who are being held captive and the three of them set out on their journey.

Dr. Eggman: Despite being a scientific genius with an IQ of 300, Dr. Eggman's evil plans are constantly foiled by Sonic. He's convinced everyone of his generosity with his impressive theme park-- everyone but Sonic that is. What is he really after...?

Orbot: Orbot was built by Dr. Eggman to wait on him hand and foot. Though Orbot obeys Dr. Eggman faithfully, he really doesnt like him very much.

Cubot: Cubot is another one of Dr. eggman's creations, paired with Orbot to perform various duties. He likes Dr. Eggman,but is lazy and tries to get out of doing any work.

Cyan Wisps: Cyan Wisps are a special breed. They are very fast, never seem to stop moving and as a result they can seem a bit scatterbrained. Their power allows Sonic to utilize the Cyan Laser. The Laser allows Sonic to shoot into enemies at lighting speed, bouncing off of obstacles.

Yellow Wisps: Yellow Wisps are very fond of earth and water. Their powers allow Sonic to transform into the Yellow Drill to reach underground and underwater spots quickly. Once Sonic is underground or underwater he can move about quickly as the yellow drill, but keep an eye on the Boost Gauge. If the gauge runs out wile you're still underground, you will lose a try. Sonic reverts back to his normal self when he surfaces.

Blue Wisps: Blue Wisps (Exclusively on Wii have sharp minds and are excellent leaders. Whenever they decide to do something big, the Blue Wisps are almost always successful. Their powers allow Sonic to become indestructible as Blue Cube for a short while.

Orange Wisps: Orange Wisps are very sensitive, emotional wisps. They are easily elated when praised, but they can also get depressed if they've made a mistake. Be careful not to upset them, they get angry very easily. Luckily, Sonic reaps the benefits of their powerful emotions when they transform him into an Orange Rocket.

Green Wisps: (Exclusively on Wii) Green Wisps are subtle, yet pretty goody. You never know when you might come across one, but keep an eye out for them when you're flying. They give Sonic the power to hover.

Pink Wisps: (Exclusively on Wii) Pink Wisps can be somewhat harsh, but they are in fact very kind by nature. You'll often find them near walls. Utilize the powers of the Pink Wisps to transform Sonic into a Pink Spike so he can move around easily in all directions when on a wall.

Red Wisps: (Exclusively on Nintendo DS) Red Wisps are lively, but slightly scatterbrained Wisps that have the power of Red Burst.

For some reason the Yacker wallpaper link leads me to a "no file found" page. Has anyone else had this issue?

Blah blah 'nother edit:

It doesn't look like things are super region specific.-

post-763-12874459734762_thumb.png

Both the wallpapers and text are "colours" but the logo is "colors"

Edited by BlazingTales

Heh, two bugs with the white wisp button at the bottom; it's possible to click it while it's locked, if you mouse over the very edge of the button. Also, it unlocks when you collect all the available wisps...which I assume is a bug, since there's no file there, and I assume it's not supposed to unlock until all the wisps are available.

Oh my God the music is <3

Seriously, Aquarium Park is just aaaaaahhh damn. I haven't even checked around the rest of the site since I got to it, I've just been on its section chillin'.

Yeah, the guys at the SEGA Forums have pointed out bugs in the site. Looks like it could have done with more testing for bugs and region coding before they launched it. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait for the music :D

Still can't get on the website :/ anyone still having trouble getting on the site from the UK & Europe ?

Not working for me either! GAWD! Im missing so much epicness here!!! D:

btw...Im so gonna use that cyan wisp wallpaper!!! could someone upload the music to youtube? that would help TwT

http://www.sega.co.uk/soniccolors/

^The link Shadz gave doesn't work but this one seems to do the trick.^

Yay! Thanks gato! I did try typing in that exact UK link earlier, but it didn't work. They must have just fixed it up :D

Site Music Rip!

Thanks Sega Loco From Retro!

http://www.segaloco.com/!crap/retro/Colors_Music.7z

I have a good idea what that unknown music is, but DAMN! DAMN DOES IT SOUND FUCKING EPIC!!!!!

It sounds very familiar, but I can't get my hand on it. I'm getting the same Vibe I get when I hear marble zone...cchhhiillsss

Edited by Voyant