Awoo.

Trailer

Woun

Yeah, I have heard 16 characters too, so I'm guessing that they replaced E-10000R with Metal Sonic. And it makes sense, too; its stated that E-10000R was made with Metal Sonic's engine parts. I still wish that they put Omega in over E-10000G, though. Heck, maybe we'll get DLC characters. That'd be awesome.

It still sucks that its on Kinect, though... dang...

Yay for more new voices!!-shot-

I sowwy, it's just I'm not getting a Kinect unless it turns out to be one of the most amazing things ever that I must have... Which isn't looking likely at this point. Asking price is too high for me. Still, interested to SEE the game at least. >_>

I'm so sick of so many people complaining about the game in the new trailer in Gametrailers.com

I know Kinect is not the best choice,but I can't understand what's wrong with the main game?The old fans already got their Sonic 4 so they should shut UP!!!!!!

Kinect's price tag, the mediocre gameplay... need I go on? ;)

No bunch of pixels (or whatever the hell the character models are made up of these days) is going to make me buy into this.

Ditto. I'm content with Metal stealing Amy in CD and trying to destroy the world in Heroes. Plus, I will not look as cool as that guy playing.

Man...Now i really hate that this is on Kinect and/or that's it's a kinect only game.

First Sonic game in years i will be missing out on. :(

Again I say "DARN YOU KINECT!"

Edited by Gamer18

I wonder why no cutscenes have been shown yet. It's starting to worry me..

You and me both man. Surely they can string some sort of storyline out of this game. I know a lot of people say "SAWNIK HOVERBOARDS DON'T NEED NO STORY", but I genuinely believe that a lot more people would be interested in getting this game if it had cutscenes accompanying the main single player mode, in the same way the first two Riders games did. Morimoto did mention the game had a story mode (World Grand Prix) but how that story will be presented is up for debate. It may end up being as simple as two still images of Sonic and Jet with text and voice over accompanying them.

Sonic: Jet! Heh, it's been a while!

Jet: Sonic! I still haven't forgotten about our race!!

Sonic: Again with this? C'mon Jet, just let it go. Winning ain't everything you know.

Jet: Enough talk! Let's race!

Sonic: Well, if you insist!

Mission: Beat Jet and finish in 1st Place!

Etcetera 'till the end of the game.

Edited by Conor McA

Storyline has already been confirmed, SEGA these days almost never show Sonic story before release so likely you won't be hearing the new voices or seeing the cutscenes until the game is released in the next 2 weeks.

It really doesn't surprise me that we haven't seen any of the story yet; after all, up until today we'd only seen two of the tracks. Anyway, I'm not certain that the game's story is going to be of much interest to the average early Kinect adopter, so I can totally understand why it wouldn't be mentioned in the trailers.

...did any of the trailers for the first Riders or Zero Gravity include storyline bits? I wasn't around at the time, so I have no idea.

Woo! Metal Sonic :D I've wanted him in the Riders games since the first one! I'd ALMOST tell Colors to go frag itself, but theres still that chance of an In level Super Sonic, so I won't make that call yet

But still, I can't wait for the art.

So would this make Free Riders the most diverse playable character listing ever? Or does Mario & Sonic trump it? ("trump it", not "trumpet")

edit: I count ten for M&S Winter, with Vector, Blaze and Silver not appearing in Free Riders (as of yet). However, M&S Winter does not have Jet, Storm, Wave, Cream or Rouge.

Blaze, Silver and Super Sonic were in Zero G, so either they have yet to be shown or SEGA cut Blaze and Silver and are keeping Super Sonic a secret.

Edited by Doctor Eggman

...did any of the trailers for the first Riders or Zero Gravity include storyline bits? I wasn't around at the time, so I have no idea.

With the announcement trailer for the orignal Riders, not that much. No more than a few seconds of CG stuff that didn't even feature in the game itself.

However, the vast majority of Zero Gravity's announcement trailer consisted of cutscenes.

I'm hoping that, as you suggest, it's just more of a marketing decision to not include any story related stuff in the trailers. But I mean, not even a quick synopsis in any press releases or anything? I guess the closest they got was when the game was announced and they said: "Once again Sonic and co. will be doing battle with the Babylon Rogues and their leader Jet The Hawk", but it sounds a little too vague and generalized to confirm the presence of any sort of coherent narrative.

Edited by Conor McA

This reminds me. "No new characters" my left ball sack! I KNEW it was way too early to call that. It may also mean they DIDN'T make the dubious error of making Super Sonic his own character. This pleases me.

Eggman: Silver was confirmed at the same time Shadow and Rouge were. The most likely occurrence is that Metal Sonic is in fact, the 16th character, and Super Sonic has been rightfully returned to his power up status.

You can hear Sonic's voice as well as a girls voice, might be Wave or Amy but you cant tell who's talking.

This reminds me. "No new characters" my left ball sack! I KNEW it was way too early to call that. It may also mean they DIDN'T make the dubious error of making Super Sonic his own character. This pleases me.

Eggman: Silver was confirmed at the same time Shadow and Rouge were. The most likely occurrence is that Metal Sonic is in fact, the 16th character, and Super Sonic has been rightfully returned to his power up status.

Metal Sonic proves that more characters = more people will buy a game. ^^ Cause you know..Every character has his/her fans. Thank you, Metal Sonic for explaining such an obvious thing to the Sonic fandom.

Metal Sonic says that having only Sonic as a playable character is NO GOOD. xD

Black Knight had more playable characters, and it did way worse than Secret Rings did sales wise.

It had the sword gimmick, which a lot of people hated and secret rings didn't.

I haven't seen E-10000R anywhere, either. I doubt they'd just drop Blaze, so I think they actually replaced R with Metal Sonic. Also, if you do recall, E-10000R is the Speed Type robot from Riders said to have been "made from Metal Sonic's engine parts."

Edited by HunterTSF

...and you can't have the E-10000Gs without their leader! They'll go mad without leadership! It would be complete anarchy, I tells ya! Anarchy!

Maybe Metal Sonic is the new leader...

And then he betrays Eggman with his own army at the last miute.

• Thumbs Up 3