Awoo.

Bargains & Pre-order Offers Thread

Detective Shadzter

I assume everyone who's pre-ordered it will get it, but they've now reached their limit. Hm.

It's a shame it doesn't look like we get the special edition here in the UK. I'd kill for the box. Instead we just get the figures... =(

Looks like the bonuses just keep coming for Australia! K-Mart have advertised a kids watch in their latest catalogue, that can only be obtained by buying the Wii version.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2lo43yw.jpg

OMG! Why is Australia being so spoiled with Sonic Colours merchandise? I thought the UK had the largest amount of Sonic fans? Why can't all parts of the world be treated with all of these goodies? :( *sobs*

Just off the phone with Argos and I can confirm that...

-Those who preordered when the offer was on should still recieve the figures and the claim that if it doesn't get in contact. So those who preordered when the offer was on SHOULD still be good for it. :)

Sorry to post twice... But this just popped up when looking at Argos again. It seems that they are selling the game in 2 different deals now.

soniccoloursdeal.png?t=1289499047

They have the previous deal without the figures, however two new items have popped up and seem to have offers running along side them. Seems a bit... I don't know. :huh:

Has anyone here received their pre-order figures from Argos? Is it the same boxed special edition that other countries have or are the figures separate? I've been hearing that some people have received the figures, while others haven't. Seems Argos' online store may have messed this whole thing up.

Has anyone here received their pre-order figures from Argos? Is it the same boxed special edition that other countries have or are the figures separate? I've been hearing that some people have received the figures, while others haven't. Seems Argos' online store may have messed this whole thing up.

Well, my order from Argos arrived this morning and I can confirm that it is NOT the special edition that Australia has been getting. I called Argos again about it today and they said give it a few more days for the figures to arrive and they should do. I'll be chasing them up again though if it doesn't arrive.

I bought the figure in-store at Argos for £15.

It doesn't even come in a proper package, just in a clear plastic bag with a folded card strip stapled through the top. As such, the figure was (quite understandably) all mashed up, twisted and bent in the bag.

When I opened it, noticed a tiny crack on the right knee joint (from being mangled in the bag). Took it back, got a replacement, which looked fine. A bit later, on closer inspection, there are two cracks on his right arm joints. :lol: *facepalm*

Still, they're not 'arm going to fall off', so I'm just sticking with it. Dunno about anyone else (or if anyone else here has even got it yet), but the joints don't seem to allow for much movement on the figure. The arms are jointed horribly, too.

And he has no mouth. His nose also bends upward at a pretty steep angle. D:

Overall, the figure is just 'okay', but definitely not worth £15. The 'packaging' (if it can even be called that) is just ridiculous.

I bought the figure in-store at Argos for £15.

It doesn't even come in a proper package, just in a clear plastic bag with a folded card strip stapled through the top. As such, the figure was (quite understandably) all mashed up, twisted and bent in the bag.

When I opened it, noticed a tiny crack on the right knee joint (from being mangled in the bag). Took it back, got a replacement, which looked fine. A bit later, on closer inspection, there are two cracks on his right arm joints. :lol: *facepalm*

Still, they're not 'arm going to fall off', so I'm just sticking with it. Dunno about anyone else (or if anyone else here has even got it yet), but the joints don't seem to allow for much movement on the figure. The arms are jointed horribly, too.

And he has no mouth. His nose also bends upward at a pretty steep angle. D:

Overall, the figure is just 'okay', but definitely not worth £15. The 'packaging' (if it can even be called that) is just ridiculous.

I thought Argos was giving the figure away for free when you buy the game in-store too? I heard the offer is shown in the latest edition of their catalogue as well as the option to buy it separately.

I bought the games from ASDA. :lol:

I didn't know they were giving the figure away free with in-store purchases, too. Damn, that would have worked out cheaper then, even if Argos were charging for the game itself.

Ah well, Live and Learn, and all that! biggrin.gif

I bought the games from ASDA. :lol:

I didn't know they were giving the figure away free with in-store purchases, too. Damn, that would have worked out cheaper then, even if Argos were charging for the game itself.

Ah well, Live and Learn, and all that! biggrin.gif

Damn, that sucks you missed out on that offer, especially since it sounds like it's only worth getting for free by the way you describe it. I did cover the catalogue listing in a news post a couple of weeks back or so, but you must have missed it. Wish I'd have pm'd you about it now. Oh well. How much were ASDA selling each version for by the way?

DS version was £24.97, I can't actually remember the Wii version price. *laughs*

Sorry, but since it's Sonic, I sort of just bought it without regard to price. :lol: On second thought, let me check the receipt...

Wii version was £27.97. Not bad, only £3 more than the DS one. That's a bit generous!

Are the figures being posted separate from the game? I was a tad miffed that my copy of Colours Wii didn't come with them (only a little, I was pretty happy with the game but y'know )

Though I was pretty impressed with the fact Argos actually got the game to me on release day despite pre-ordering only a few weeks before.

Are the figures being posted separate from the game? I was a tad miffed that my copy of Colours Wii didn't come with them (only a little, I was pretty happy with the game but y'know )

Yeah pretty much what they said to me. When they looked the catalogue number for it up, they did comment that the number is the kind which coincides with some kind of deal. They just say to wait for a bit and get back to them if they don't deliver.

I just got back from my weekend away and my copy did not come with a figure.

If they don't deliver... Refund time! Yippi!

I just got back from my weekend away and my copy did not come with a figure.

If they don't deliver... Refund time! Yippi!

Yup, same. I'm waiting on two figures (totally separate orders for each version), and if they don't deliver then plenty of rage will ensue.

Yup, same. I'm waiting on two figures (totally separate orders for each version), and if they don't deliver then plenty of rage will ensue.

I'm keeping an eye on the time to return a product clock, Argos are quite notorious for not accepting returns on even un-opened items, so you need to have A LOT of cards in your favour.

Right, just grabbed a few pictures. Does anyone else here even have the figure yet? I can't remember. D: Sorry for the quality. Phone camera + dull day indoors.

Comments after each photo:

Image100.jpg

As you can see, his arm joints are absolutely retarded. His elbows bend out sideways, rather than forwards. None of the other recent Sonic figures have had this issue. It really limits how you can pose him. Or rather, through rotating his arms you can get quite a few poses still, but it's much more cumbersome than it needs to be. Speaking of posing difficulties...

Image102.jpg

...That's as far forward and backward as you can move his arms. They seem to 'stop' there, anyway, and the fact it's the same on both makes it look deliberate rather than a stuck joint. I don't want to try forcing it in case I snap his arms off.

Image103.jpg

Speaking of dodgy joints... yeah. Apparently, as of Sonic Colours, Sonic is double-jointed in his elbows and knees. :lol:

Also again, that's as far forward/ back as they can bend, even though they look like they should be able to bend further. It's like this is Sonic after he got mangled in a car wreck and has lost all his flexibility after rehab! Old-age pensioner Sonic, anyone?

Oh, I did get that figure. But for me it wasn't a pre-order bonus; it was a special edition package with the game plus the figure (but it cost the same as the game alone).

I agree that the figure is not great.

soniccolorsfigure.jpg

Wow, you actually got it in a box? Like I said, over here we got it in a rubbish plastic bag, and as such, both figures I got (took one back) were slightly damaged before I even opened them.

Wow, you actually got it in a box? Like I said, over here we got it in a rubbish plastic bag, and as such, both figures I got (took one back) were slightly damaged before I even opened them.

Yeah, a lot of other European countries and Australia get it as part of a boxed Special Edition. They even have a DS Special Edition that comes with two different Wisps. The Special Edition's cost a little extra though, but Core seems to have found a good deal and got it for the same price as the game alone.

Seriously, I wouldn't mind the figure if the joints (arms/ elbows in particular) weren't so ridiculously limiting.

The Special Edition's cost a little extra though, but Core seems to have found a good deal and got it for the same price as the game alone.

It's more like the regular version is overpriced :P Micromania sells both versions for 55€, but the game alone should cost just 50€, and at some places you can get it for less than 40€.