Awoo.

Reviews Thread

Barry the Nomad

I was at my local Best Buy today. I can not find that Sonic Free Riders game. Anywhere. Its Gone.

I guess the public perception is quite different from what these critics are saying.

Edited by the blu blur

Well on a brighter note, all these bad reviews means the game will just drop in price faster for aneone who hasn't picked up the game and/or the Kinetic yet.

Well on a brighter note, all these bad reviews means the game will just drop in price faster for aneone who hasn't picked up the game and/or the Kinetic yet.

True.

So we've gone from "7.5 out of 10" to "frustrating" to "unplayable".

I don't know about falling free in the wind, this feels more like crashing and burning to be honest :P

Wow, Ars Technica say they had so much trouble trying to make it work that they couldn't review it :blink:

http://arstechnica.c...ect-jumping.ars

I swear some of these reviewers are dumb I've seen a video of Sonic Free Riders posted by Woun not long ago working and playing perfectly they must be talking out they arse I swear it looks like it works if you set it up right

Edited by Shaddix

I was at my local Best Buy today. I can not find that Sonic Free Riders game. Anywhere. Its Gone.

I guess the public perception is quite different from what these critics are saying.

No, remember Sega said they were pulling badly reviewed Sonic games from shelves? I guess they work quicker than we could have imagined. :lol:

Edited by speedfreak
  • Thumbs Up 3

"Violence:

Racers bump into each other. There are also a couple of weapons they can use to slow each other down, including a bowling ball and an explosive football. No one ever appears seriously hurt. "

- Commonsense.com

WTF? That page is WEEEIRD

• Thumbs Up 1

You would think such a tech-centered site wouldn't have that much trouble setting it up...

"The game puts Sonic on a hoverboard, and you race him along a series of tracks by leaning back and forward to turn left and right" -Ars Technica

Wait, aren't you supposed to just rotate your hips or something? I remember reading something saying you'd think it'd be like a snowboard, but you actually have to just turn your body...I don't know, maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.

Lol-- the game really isn't bad at all.

These reviewers are either too fat or too lazy.

Seriously-- if you give the camera some space, the game works perfectly.

xD Honestly, considering All-Stars Racing, Sonic 4, a DS compilation of the classic games, and both versions of Sonic Colors got at least above average to great score averages, it's funny to see this one game get ripped to shreds.

Especially since Riders games as a whole are pretty much an affront to the entire concept of Sonic in the first place. But holy shit, I've never seen such a game that's split between "eh... it's okay, nothing special" to "EVERYTHING'S BROKEN HOLY FUCK ARGHERGRUGNRUGN".

Some people have argued the 'Nothing Special' scores were from sites that don't want SEGA to pull their advertising. Not saying I agree with that statement, just putting it out there.

Edited by Gerkuman

recycling comments I made at SEGAbits regarding the 1/10 the game received from Angry Joe:

Angry Joe and all of the cartoon characters over at thatguywiththeglasses.com go so x-treme and over the top with their "reviews" that it's hard for me to take them seriously. They tend to spend more time thinking up ways to create memes and animated gif material than actually giving a realistic review. Of course, this is because more often than not, the videos on that site are of normal people playing exaggerated characters. No fault to them in that sense. I enjoy watching thatguywiththeglasses.com videos, don't get me wrong, but I do so as a form of entertainment, not as a way to form an opinion over a movie/tv show/comic book/video game.

One viewer commented:

I can't believe some people are still trying to defend this game, even with the evidence mounting against them that the game just doesn't work. I dunno, maybe some have been able to get it to work to a satsifactory degree, but if the game's actively making you work to make it playable then it's just failed completely.

So even if I personally have played the game, found the controls to be precise enough to have a fun time and genuinely look forward to playing it again, I'm not allowed to have those opinions because somebody made a "ROFL, OMFG he's so angry and haters need to STFU" video review. :P

It's the "well the funny video reviewer hates it so I should too" mentality that is really hurting the internet these days.

I long for the days of 2400 bps internet... B)

prodigy.jpg

I can't really say I disagree or agree with the reviews.

It just works fine for some people (like me) and just doesn't work for others--

It should be noted that that was the first 1 Joe ever gave out. That's really saying something.

It's saying that Joe's viewer count was dipping. Quick! Lower scores, more angryness! :D

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I can't really say I disagree or agree with the reviews.

It just works fine for some people (like me) and just doesn't work for others--

Same here. It works most of the time for me. The times it wasn't working, I knew exactly why and took care of it. Now I can pretty much play flawlessly.

I'm not sure what to think about these reviews. If I can play it in my tiny ass room with next to no problems once I'm fully calibrated (which took roughly 20 minutes at best), I can't help but wonder what they're doing wrong, and what I'm doing right.

Well enough of the critics, let's see what the real players say.