Awoo.

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: NEW SONIC VOICE CAST

Woun

Hmm. Apparently Mike Pollock's not the only member of the old crew to remain in the series...

goldish.jpg

You are now all aware that Chris Thorndyke's VA is a recording engineer for Sonic Free Riders.

Oh, and apparently we've got some top notch voice direction this time around! This Jack Fletcher guy apparently does a lot of high profile stuff, most notably Disney's original English dubs of the Studio Ghibli films and a fair share of the Final Fantasy games. Neat!

Just about everybody - whether it be casting directors, dialogue editors, or whatever have all worked on some very reputable titles. Colour me impressed!

Edited by HunterTSF

Jesus, American Writers, A known voice director, Awesome veteran voices. The years ahead are defintely looking up for Sonic and the gang :D

Jesus, American Writers, A known voice director, Awesome veteran voices. The years ahead are defintely looking up for Sonic and the gang :D

Actually, speaking of writers, Free Riders was written by Yasushi Otake of Shenmue II, Final Fantasy III, Valkyrie Profile (1 and 2), and Resonance of Fate/End of Eternity fame! That's a pretty darn awesome resume, if I do say so myself.

He also happened to be the scenario writer of Mario & Sonic 2 for the DS. I wonder if he's going to have a recurring gig here?

Edited by HunterTSF

Actually, speaking of writers, Free Riders was written by Yasushi Otake of Shenmue II, Final Fantasy III, Valkyrie Profile (1 and 2), and Resonance of Fate/End of Eternity fame! That's a pretty darn awesome resume, if I do say so myself.

He also happened to be the scenario writer of Mario & Sonic 2 for the DS. I wonder if he's going to have a recurring gig here?

I certainly hope so; he seems to have a knack for dealing with vast numbers of characters. Free Riders' writing might have been overshadowed by Colours', but for what it was I think it worked quite well. At the very least, it did a pretty good job of making sure all of the various characters felt like themselves and interacted with each other in ways that were believable and usually fun to watch. That's a fair sight more than I can say for Heroes or '06.

I certainly hope so; he seems to have a knack for dealing with vast numbers of characters. Free Riders' writing might have been overshadowed by Colours', but for what it was I think it worked quite well. At the very least, it did a pretty good job of making sure all of the various characters felt like themselves and interacted with each other in ways that were believable and usually fun to watch. That's a fair sight more than I can say for Heroes or '06.

Indeed. I enjoyed the writing of Sonic Free Riders very much. The dialog really felt alive, and I was even able to have a laugh in some of the cutscenes. They really were cleverly written for what they were.

I like the new Sonic voice actor's for the most part. Cream finally has a voice that does not make me want to stab my eardrums.

Sonic: Better then Jason, but not as good as Ryan Drummond, or Jaleel White.

Tails: Best voice yet.

Knuckles: Still sounds like Dan Green to me.

Amy: Could be better.

Shadow: It's hard to understand what he's saying. Better then Jason, but not as good as David Humphrey.

Rouge: It's ok.

Since we have a new voice cast, I decide to collect all of the voices from game from the Announcer to Omochao, and I also added Aquaslash's in game voices collection, so now we have a complete voice collection of Sonic Free Riders.

Credit to Aquaslash for in game racing voice clips.

Credit to me for Announcer, Omochao, and Cutscene voice clips.

Omochao has the most clips in the game, I dare you to listen to all of them in one day. :rolleyes:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DUI3VJBI

• 3 months later...

ITT: People got their hopes crushed by the unintentional cock-tease of "WORLD EXCLUSIVE: NEW SONIC..." appearing under "Upfoming Games"

• Thumbs Up 4

ITT: People got their hopes crushed by the unintentional cock-tease of "WORLD EXCLUSIVE: NEW SONIC..." appearing under "Upfoming Games"

Haha, that's exactly what happened to me. Especially with people mentioning "Pigeon Panic Zone" in their status updates. XD

What a time to bump the topic...

lol, same with me. I'd thought SEGA finally announced the new Sonic games.

Topic's a bit old, but I want to give my opinions anyways.

Sonic- Pretty good! I love his Sonic voice. Roger's pretty good voice actor too, did anyone go look up his performance as Oliver Oken in "Hannah Montana: Spotlight World Tour"? I know what you're thinking, HM is lame. But in all seriousness, you can't really tell a difference between Mitchell Musso and this guy, it's that good.

Back on topic though, I have to say this is my favorite voice for Sonic of all time.

Tails- Eh, it's ok and all, but don't see why everyone's saying, "He FINALLY sounds like a boy!" Still sounds like a girl, if you ask me.

Knuckles- Sounds the same as Dan Green. Never was a big fan of him (I always liked Scott Dreier myself), so no, I really don't like it, but I can tolerate it.

Eggman- Always loved Mike Pollock, always will :)

Amy- MAKE IT STOP, MAKE IT STOP!

I don't like it, at all. Like Vector said, "Ahh, you're a terrible actress!"

Cream- I like it, it's cute :)

Vector- Eh, it's ok.

Shadow- So. Freaking. AWESOME! SEGA, keep this guy. I love him as Shadow.

Rouge- I like it. She sounds perfect.

Jet- As someone else said, Jet Nermal the Hawk sounds pretty good!

Wave- Hm, not bad, pretty good I guess.

Storm- Eh, I guess it's ok. I never really payed attention to him in the previous Riders games, so I don't really know.

Omochao- Eh, I don't really care one way or another.

Silver & Blaze- Pretty good, from what I've heard so far. But, I guess to form a true opinion I'm going to have to hear more.

___

In short:

I liked Sonic, Eggman, Shadow, Rouge, Jet, and Cream.

I'm neutral about Storm, Omochao, and Wave.

I didn't like but can tolerate Vector, Tails, and Knuckles.

I didn't like Amy.

I have to hear more of Silver and Blaze.