Awoo.

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: NEW SONIC VOICE CAST

Woun

Sonic: Erm... I miss Jason! But I can get used to it.

Tails: HE SOUNDS LIKE A BOY!!!! Greatest improvement in all of the new VAs!

Knuckles: Sounds like Dan Green. Horrible. I don't approve.

Amy: Man.... it's downright painful to listen to.

Cream: I think Cream always turns out well, same in this VA cast.

Vector: Can't go wrong with Vector.

Jet: Thank God he no longer sounds like that guy from One Piece!!!!

Wave: I'm indifferent.

Storm: Again, indifferent.

Shadow: Uh.... they could have done a little better.

Rouge: While not as amazing as her SA2 VA, a vast improvement over the previous voice. I like it!

OmoChao: Sounds too girly.

Hmmm...

Sonic: It's okay. I still think Jason is the best.

Tails: Excellent. Sounds more like a boy which is awesome.

Knuckles: Meh. Still sounds like Dan Green but I guess that's okay.

Amy: Haha... This has gotta be the worst of the new cast. Really.

Cream: Better.

Shadow: Pretty good.

Rouge: Better.

Jet: I like it, but I also miss Jason.

Vector: Sounds the same (like Knuckles), so that's good I guess.

Wave: Like Vector and Knuckles, she sounds the same to me.

Storm: Good, I guess.

Omochao: Awesome!

Edited by MugiMikey

Alright. I've said most of this before, but I guess it couldn't hurt to bunch it all together.

Sonic: I'm still not totally used to it, but there's really nothing wrong with Roger's Sonic apart from me just being attuned to Jason's. He's good for the part.

Tails: This is easily the best voice Tails has ever had. Cute, can deliver lines competently, sounds enough like a boy. No complaints here at all.

Knuckles: Yeah, it's pretty much identical to Dan Green's. That's fine by me, since I really liked Dan Green's Knuckles. I've always preferred a less serious take on the character, though, so I can see how a continuation of the somewhat shouty Green style might upset people who like SRSKNCKLS. I think the new voice shows some nuance, though, like at the very end of the scene where he's complaining about Team Dark cheating. He blusters for most of it, but his little plea at the end is much more down-to-earth. It's good stuff.

Amy: I really don't understand why everyone dislikes her new voice so much. It's certainly not a standout among some of the better new cast members, but I don't have any problems with it. I hear the Minnie thing, but it doesn't really bother me... I guess I was just never that much of a Mickey fan. I quite liked Lisa Ortiz's Amy, for sure, but this sounds totally okay to me.

Cream: Definitely one of the biggest improvements. I really want to give this version of Cream a big hug... her new voice is adorable. Every other English voice she's had has just been pitched way too high, with almost inaudible results. This is infinitely better.

Vector: Man, I don't know if this is horrible or freakin' awesome. He sounds like Redd Foxx/Bubs, only very loud... I really need more lines to judge this one.

Jet: Ehh, this one's a step down from Griffith's for me, but not a huge one. It's still serviceable, and it reminds me a little of a pitched-up Rattrap. Still, it's kind of a pity.

Wave: A nice improvement over Bella Hudson's. It's pretty much the same thing, but (like a lot of the new voices) it just feels a bit more natural. I really liked Bella's Wave when she was really bitchy, but she'd slip into sounding exactly like Blaze just a little too often... hopefully this new actress will be able to maintain her performance even when expositing.

Storm: He's a big dumb guy, and he sounds like a big dumb guy. I'm gonna be honest; I barely remember anything about Dan Green's version of the character other than that he sounded big and dumb. The new voice does too. That's... good? He doesn't seem particularly annoying or anything.

Shadow: This is a change I can definitely get behind. He sounds much more interesting than Griffith's interpretation, sort of like a nastier, slimier Humphrey. Less gruff, more smooth and sinister. It's a change for the better, I think, and it should make him more credible as an antihero.

Rouge: YES. Her new voice combines the youthful pitch of Lani Minella's with just enough of Caren Manuel's exaggerated sass, and she seems to be a better actress than either. This is my favourite voice for the character by far.

...forgot Omochao, of course.

Omochao: I don't know about this one. He sounds fine, but the voice is just a little too generically female. I can see it blending in with Amy's or even Wave's quite easily, although that might just be because I heard the voices without a cutscene going on. Still, Lani Minella's Omochao is the definitive version to me. Er, for some reason.

Edited by Octarine

Amy-Minnie Mouse.lol

Cream-sounds like Bubbles from the PPG.

Shadow-OMG i want him to say Chaos Control so badly...I don't think the voice acter can pull it off without making me laugh.

Every one eles im ok with.

Edit:

Even though i love her Voice, I didn't know Rouge was Southern!

Edited by Gamer18

Alright my turn:

Sonic: Roger stil sounds really good to me, but it isn't as good as Colours.

Tails: What everyone else said. Kate is friggin' awesome.

Knuckles: I need a different game and more lines to really judge it, but untill now it sounds like Green with better voice directing

Shadow: Just yes, I love this different take on Shadow.

Rouge: Same here, but I have to hear her in a more serious cutscene SA2 style to really determine how good she is.

Amy: More lines, but the single one I heard wasn't all that good.

Cream: Nice change she is tolerable now.

Vector: More goofy but better.

Babylon Rouges: I don't give a crap :P

Edited by Uklo

Here are my thoughts:

Amy- A LOT different than it used to be. Sounds more like a little girl than before. Gonna take some getting used to.

Cream- Finally, someone realizes you can be a cute little girl without having a ridiculously high-pitched voice.

Vector- Sounds EXACTLY like Jimmi Zoppi; goofy and forced. Surprised Sega still insists on making him sound like a doofus.

Knuckles- Ugh, sounds a lot like Dan Green. And when I think of Dan Green Knuckles, I always think of "dumb as a post" Knuckles.

Shadow- This one will take the most getting used to. Kirk Thornton is the last actor I would've thought for the dark, brooding Shadow. Need to hear some more lines before making a judgment.

Rouge- Rather generic smooth and sexy voice, but it definitely fits. No more of Lani Minella's horrible overacting or Caren Manuel's WAY too mature voice.

Omochao- Cute, though I can't quit thinking of Bailey's Kid Trunks every time I hear him.

All in all, some hits, some misses. I'm sure I'll warm up to everyone before too long.

I think Free riders may have been recorded before colors, something I notice is that Roger sounds more like his Jason impersonation (hey that rhymes!) than his deeper and more unique voice in Colors. So I'm pretty sure these are a lot of the actors first times voicing the characters and they should all improve given more time and games they appear in. Anyways, as it stands now my full run through:

Sonic: Still sounds good to me, not as good as his Colors voice but hey Colors is right around the bend as it is. And I was right, Roger does put emotion into his voice depending on who he's talking with. Love the Sonic and Knuckles exchange.

Tails: Still is a vast improvement.

Knuckles: Sounds a lot like Dan Green but a bit nicer, however it's helped that Knuckles is acting like a "Take-No-Shit" guy in the Free Riders cutscenes. It doesn't sound too much different but I like it.

Jet- OH MY GOD his voice is annoying, but then I never really cared for Jet... He reminds me of one of the random character voices in AoSTH.

Wave: I actually could tell the difference and I liked it more, not like a huge improvement but I a suitable one, makes her sound more elusive yet sneering.

Storm: His voice makes me laugh, and he does kinda' sound like Fat Albert. XDD I like it though.

Shadow: Sounds a lot like his David voice except more sauve, which to me makes him sound a bit like Zorro as a previous poster says.

Rouge: I actually like this one a lot, I think it's much more suitable and thank the lord and heaven she now sounds her age and not like a 40 year-old hooker!

Amy: She sounds like Minnie Mouse as been said, I actually don't mind it but I can't get the visual image of Minnie Mouse out of my head. Least she doesn't sound as angry half the time.

Cream: I like it a lot, it sounds a lot more natural and doesn't grate on me, and dare I say it she actually sounds CUTE instead of squeaky.

Vector: Well he sounds like a mixture of his 4kids and Heroes voice, gotta' adjust a bit but the same kind of Muppet voice he has.

Omochao: Sounds more like the old Amy voice which confuses me. XDDD But Omochao a girl confirmed?

Overall, my thoughts:

HUGE Improvements:

Tails

Rouge

Cream

Improvements:

Sonic the Hedgehog

Omochao (but s/he still sounds like a girl)

Wave

About the Same:

Eggman -shot-

Knuckles

Storm (it's a different voice and I think it's funnier but about the same in quality)

Worse:

Jet

Need to hear more to determine:

Shadow

Vector

Amy

Also not related to Free riders but I really like Orbot's and Cubot's voices as well.

Lex Lang? SEGA did a good job getting him on the cast. He does a fantastic

The cast seems pretty okay to me, but these early videos aren't fantastic at showcasing them. Hopefully we'll get some proper cut-scenes uploaded something during the next week. The only ones that sound a bit off to me so far are Amy and Shadow (though looking up Kirk, he's a pretty cool voice actor still.)

Most of these are definite improvements (even Cream doesn't make me want to claw at my eardrums!), aside from Amy and Vector...Vector's just a little weird (and maybe part of that is how he's shouting), but Amy...eugh...it's pretty terrible.

I've got to hand it to them for Shadow and Rouge, tho'. Damn near perfect.

I think Shadow is kind of bad. He doesn't sound the way I think Shadow should sound. And then he talks very weird.

Sonic: My god he does Jason Griffith Sonic better than Jason Griffith. That said, why they didn't rerecord his lines with the one in Colors confuses me. That voice comes off natural, and this just comes off as a bit forced...like Jason Griffith. Ah, well. I'm thankful we're getting more of his Colors voice.

Tails: Kate Higgins is the bomb.

Knuckles: Dan Green Knux done right.

Amy: Honestly, I don't know what to think of it. It fits, but it seems a bit too...I dunno.

Cream: Sounds very cute. Not monotone either.

Vector: Like Amy, I don't know what to think of it. But, this I need to hear more.

Jet: Well...least he doesn't sound like a PARROT. Still not appropriate.

Wave: Fantastic.

Storm: It's OK.

Shadow: Epic. He sounds like a credible antihero again.

Rouge: Great!

Omochao: Eh, it works.

Overall, it's still better than what we've gotten bar some disappointments.

Edited by Ryusuke

I'm still interested to hear more of course. I want to hear more of all of them, but ESPECIALLY Shadow, Amy, and Vector as I still don't have the firmest grasps of their voices.

And now I'm getting very curious about Silver and Blaze. Oh well more will surface soon anyways.

My thoughts sans Babylon Rogues:

Sonic = Good

Tails = Good

Knuckles = Still sounds slightly like Dan Green, but much better

Amy = Ugh, pretty bad and annoying.

Cream = More tolerable, but I still don't like the char and rather have her scrapped.

Shadow = Eh, not too good, but not entirely terrible.

Rouge = Pretty good.

Vector = Bleh, but probably need to hear more to determine.

Edited by AdventChild

Rouge sounds like Jessie from Pokemon mixed with Faye Valentine. Who agrees.

P.S. I'm Omochao your eyes in the sky.

Edited by Dabnikz

Do we know who's on writing credits for this game? The dialogue doesn't seem too out of place, well compared to the other Riders games.

Its like torture, I can identify some voices, such as Laura Bailey as Omachao, or Kirk Thorton as Shadow, but some are just pissing me off.

I'm pretty sure that Lara Jill Miller is playing Amy now.

I couldn't quite put my finger on it for the longest time-- but I definitely recognized her voice because she also plays:

Makoto Nanaya in Blazblue Continuum Shift

Yeah I spent probably about an hour and a half calibrating the Kinect in different lighting settings to maximize it's recognition. I invited my friend ove to try it, and he's having a lot of problems with the motion sensor. I wonder if it's because he didn't calibrate much...

In other news...

One of the achievements are being wierd, which is to complete all of the tutorials. I could have sworn I finished them all but it hasn't popped.

Also, the new VAs are outstanding. Sonic, Miles and Knuckles are all very convincing. Rouge sounds great, Shadow has a more debonair and sophisticated tone to him.

Whew this game is no joke! You can only withstand a few races before you gotta walk it off! Especially if there's a lot of jumps involved. I gotta get my tails outa a knot after all those tricks I just did!

I personally recommend wearing shoes for additional traction, helps a lot when jumping.

Where are you people hearing Jet, Wave and Storm??? I cant find the link!!

Sonic: Pretty Good better than Jason IMO... can rival Ryan a bit in terms of quality.

Tails: Best Tails VA ever.

Knuckles: Dan....Freaking....Green...?????? Please say it isn't so.

Amy: Strange...sounds like Minnie Mouse.

Cream: Similar to Amy, but its ok for Cream i guess?.

Vector: Cant really say...

Shadow: Sounds like a vampire or a Spaniard Vega thing? I dunno, good tone tho.

Rouge: Very nice! I love it!

OmoChao: should've been Amy's voice!

Edited by Aries

Sonic - meh

Tails - great

Knuckles -reminds me of Dan Green...

Amy - very bad

Cream - yay

Vector - AWFUL

Jet - I prefer his parrot voice...

Storm - sure

Wave - yay

Shadow - HELL YEAH

Rouge - wow.... very nice.

Where are you people hearing Jet, Wave and Storm??? I cant find the link!!

Sonic: Pretty Good better than Jason IMO... can rival Ryan a bit in terms of quality.

Tails: Best Tails VA ever.

Knuckles: Dan....Freaking....Green...?????? Please say it isn't so.

Amy: Strange...sounds like Minnie Mouse.

Cream: Similar to Amy, but its ok for Cream i guess?.

Vector: Cant really say...

Shadow: Sounds like a vampire? I dunno, good tone tho.

Rouge: Very nice! I love it!

OmoChao: should've been Amy's voice!