Awoo.

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: NEW SONIC VOICE CAST

Woun

The only voices so far I don't like are Amy and Jet. Jet, if anything, sounds 10x worse now. Shadow sounds pretty good. Sonic... I don't like his deeper voice in Colors, but he sounds perfect in Riders.

Oh, and secret characters confirmed, now. Perhaps Big is unlocked by beating Team Rose? Maybe Omega is unlocked by beating Team Dark?

Its a theory, anyway... Here's hoping for Chaotix unlockables, too...

Shadow: Sounds like Sa2 Shadow, which is good, as I really didn't think they'd even try to pull it off. My only gripe is how GOOD the actor is at making me piss myself with the 'sinister' edge he adds to the voice, it almost makes me wish Sega would make him evil again so the voice actually makes sense. But it really is Shadow's best voice so far in my opinion. Unlike the previous two, he can actually make his voice 'heard' above the background music.
Edited by el gato del eje

At least the voice actors this time are more professional, I wonder why Mike Pollock is still in the cast (He mustve bribed SEGA), I've heard better actors for Eggman than him, then again millions love his acting, Im not big on him at all.
Edited by Tealer

I am still waiting for someone to reveal the *official* list of new VAs for each of the Sonic characters. I won't believe it until I see it.

I'm also a little unhappy about the idea/fact of a Kingdom Hearts VA voicing Shadow, which I hope that doesn't turn out to be true, or else Shadow is ruined, forever.

Edited by Vulpine
  • Bad Quality Post 6

I am still waiting for someone to reveal the *official* list of new VAs for each of the Sonic characters. I won't believe it until I see it.

I'm also a little unhappy about the idea/fact of a Kingdom Hearts VA voicing Shadow, which I hope that doesn't turn out to be true, or else Shadow is ruined, forever.

Why do you say that? :o

Edited by Aries
  • Thumbs Up 1

What is it with this all this hate of everything KH dude? :/ I mean, I'm no fan either, but does it really deserve all the hate? (I'm probably missing something here...)

• Thumbs Up 1

What is it with this all this hate of everything KH dude? :/ I mean, I'm no fan either, but does it really deserve all the hate? (I'm probably missing something here...)

Exactly,

You can hate KH and I respect that, but know that KH had good professional voice actors and real actors and that's the important part here!

Squaresoft and Disney did a superb job at the voice acting department! they always do, unlike 4Kids who thank goodness have virtually vanished from Sega.

SEGA has gathered voice actors from all over the place for the new cast, so don't worry buddy. ;)

Edited by Aries
  • Thumbs Up 1

Why do you say that?

For me Id be happy if a KH voice comes to SEGA, Squaresoft always gets good VA's and knows quality unlike 4Kids.

Because Sonic does not, and should never have any connection to Kingdom Hearts. I hate that entire series since the first game was introduced in 2002, and I wish that series was never even made, because the last thing I would ever see is Disney crossing over with a famous and successful video game brand to make an atrocity of a crossover filled with lame original characters who are nothing but tropes and have no character development at all.

The gripe I have with a Kingdom Hearts VA voicing a Sonic character is that it will do nothing but inspire fanfic writers and artists to create more awful yaoi or Rule 34 crossovers, which I also despise and not want.

• Bad Quality Post 8

Exactly,

You can hate KH and I respect that, but know that KH had good professional voice actors and real actors and that's the important part here!

Squaresoft and Disney did a superb job at the voice acting department! they always do, unlike 4Kids who thank goodness have virtually vanished from Sega.

SEGA has gathered voice actors from all over the place for this game for the new cast, don't worry.

Sad thing is that they still exist in the previous 3D titles, which I find not only the voices as torture, but some of the gameplay as well. At least when I'm done playing through them and commentating over them I wont have to ever, EVER, touch those games again, I have Sonic Colors to play now, bitches.

Because Sonic does not, and should never have any connection to Kingdom Hearts. I hate that entire series since the first game was introduced in 2002, and I wish that series was never even made, because the last thing I would ever see is Disney crossing over with a famous and successful video game brand to make an atrocity of a crossover filled with lame original characters who are nothing but tropes and have no character development at all.

The gripe I have with a Kingdom Hearts VA voicing a Sonic character is that it will do nothing but inspire fanfic writers and artists to create more awful yaoi or Rule 34 crossovers, which I also despise and not want.

Sonic shouldn't have any connection with 4Kids either, seriously though, the amount of bias in your post is extraordinary.

Edited by SuperClassic
  • Thumbs Up 1

That sort of thing happens even without a KH VA attached to a Sonic character.

• Thumbs Up 2

Have you even played the games? anyways KH VAs in Sonic is much better than 4KIDS in Sonic games *shudders* at least Squaresoft's voice actors got talent! ;3

But yea like I said in my previous post, it wont be all KH voices so chillax bro. In fact Sonic and Tails new VAs have done Voice acting in Naruto and many hate that show. But again the point is...This time the voice acting or voices is better, we all can agree on that right?

Sad thing is that they still exist in the previous 3D titles, which I find not only the voices as torture, but some of the gameplay as well. At least when I'm done playing through them and commentating over them I wont have to ever, EVER, touch those games again, I have Sonic Colors to play now, bitches.

You said it dude! XD hahah!

Edited by Aries
  • Thumbs Up 1

Have you even played the games? anyways KH VAs in Sonic is much better than 4KIDS ever was, at least they got talent! ;3

But yea like I said in my previous post, it wont be all KH voices so chillax bro.

You said it dude! XD hahah!

Wait, I forgot, voice actors don't exactly get "hired", they get called in, the 4Kids voices have a slight chance of returning.

Crap.

Personal venndetta's have nothing to do with voices or acting talent.

There already are pictures of Sonic crossoevers with Kingdom Hearts, so nothing will change.

Rule 34 shit? Why would you even look for/at it?

Get over it. The only way you'll come across this kind of stuff is if you look for it.

tl;dr: Grow up

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 1

Personal venndetta's have nothing to do with voices or acting talent.

There already are pictures of Sonic crossoevers with Kingdom Hearts, so nothing will change.

Get over it. The only way you'll come across this kind of stuff is if you look for it.

tl;dr: Grow up

Pretty much, to form such a opinion on where the voices are from instead of their talent is just stupid and childish.

Wait, I forgot, voice actors don't exactly get "hired", they get called in, the 4Kids voices have a slight chance of returning.

Crap.

Yeah but SEGA doesn't like showing they made a "mistake", They will keep these voices as long as 4 years maybe. heh. i hope they stick around and really nail those voices as they got potential!

Like I said before, I just wish they liked the original voices more but atm they seem to like how 4kids handled things which is ironic and it makes my brain explode.

I hope they just get good directors who have a good ear for voice actors, that's what i want! better management!

I'd give anything to talk to the man/woman responsible for all this voice chaos.

Edited by Aries

Yeah but SEGA doesn't like showing they made a mistake, They will keep these voices as long as 4 years maybe. heh.

Well, all I have to say is it's nice to see a man who voiced a fridge with a geo pet on top of it and the Murderer who wears a white snuggie voice a Blue Hedgehog for a change.

Well, all I have to say is it's nice to see a man who voiced a fridge with a geo pet on top of it and the Murderer who wears a white snuggie voice a Blue Hedgehog for a change.

4Kids probably won't return, because their contract with SEGA expired, and it hasn't been renewed.

Alright, time for my impressions. *cracks knuckles*

Sonic - Sounds different from his Colors voice. More like the Alton Towers clips we heard. It's not totally off, but the direction from Colors isn't there. I still like it a lot though; Smith has already proven that he has way more talent than Griffith.

Tails - He finally sounds like a child and not a girl! His voice here is almost exactly like his Colors voice and that's awesome. Probably one of the biggest improvements over the old cast.

Knuckles - Apparently this isn't Dan Green anymore, but it sure does sound like it. I was hoping that they would go for Scott Dreier's interpretation again, but I guess they didn't want him to sound too different. I think this new VA will do a better job at expressing more emotions than Green though.

Amy - Hmm... she sounds a bit too high-pitched to me. In fact, it was actually difficult to distinguish between her and Cream when I first heard it. I think the new voice actress will need some more experience.

Cream - Waaay better. She actually sounds like a young girl now. Her old voice actors sounded like they were trying too hard. Now she sounds more adorable than annoying. I don't really care too much since I don't like the character anyway.

Vector - His voice is hilarious, as it should be. Wonder if he's still searching for more computer rooms...

Shadow - This one's strange. He almost sounds like a ladies' man, which isn't fitting to Shadow at all. He has the right pitch, but he puts strange emphasis on some of his words. It works though.

Rouge - This is another great improvement. She sounds like a sly teasing female character really should. She doesn't sound too old or too young.

Jet - He sounds very weasely now, but I'm not complaining. His old voice wasn't exactly a pleasure to hear. It makes me wish they would bring back Fang/Nack though. :(

Wave - Perfect. Just a step up from her old voice which was good enough to begin with.

Storm - Sounds a lot like his Japanese VA, which is a good thing.

Omochao - Oh boy, it's our favorite annoying tutorial/announcer/interviewer character! He/She/It actually sounds pretty good and not too far off from his/her/its voice from the original Riders.

Makes me wonder if Metal sonic will speak at all, (hope he doesn't, hes better mute..hmm then again he needs a voice if he ever speaks which he does..hmm)

Man oh man! Silver and Blaze will be fun to hear! hahah~! hope theyre unlockables, they probably arent.

EDIT: Man Hearing Sonic is love! I love his new VA now!! Tails too!! and Knuckles is cool i guess! SEGA Please keep these VA for a long long time!! heheh.

Roger nailed it with flying Colors! heheh. pun intended ;p

Jet - He sounds very weasely now, but I'm not complaining. His old voice wasn't exactly a pleasure to hear. It makes me wish they would bring back Fang/Nack though. :(

OH SNAP!! you're right the Voice its Perfect for FANG/NACK!!!

Still, Jet's voice is now his own character and I'm glad.

Edited by Aries

Right, I've come to the conclusion that Amy's new voice would be far more suited to classic Amy than modern Amy. Lisa Ortiz was perfect >.>

Right, I've come to the conclusion that Amy's new voice would be far more suited to classic Amy than modern Amy. Lisa Ortiz was perfect >.>

aaaaaaand Jennifer Doulliard was perfect for me. ;)

Still some say the new Amy rivals Jen's voice so Im looking forward to hearing more of Amy's new VA.

Edited by Aries
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have to agree, and i loved Jennifer Doulliard Amy also.

• Thumbs Up 1