Awoo.

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: NEW SONIC VOICE CAST

Woun

@ Shadzter: That's gotta be the most forgiveable typo for a game where the word "Rouge" and "rogue" are used so frequently.

good... I'm not the only one who thought so

Everyone seems to think so. It's an annoying voice to listen to and it doesn't suit her look or personality. Classic Amy could perhaps pull it off, but it's just wrong for Amy as she's been since Adventure.

I think I'll take another short rest again, all this jumping gets to you.

Not the most interesting thing in the world, but here's audio of a Ring Race with Silver. I turned Omochao and music off for this. I came in dead last, due to missing big rings on jumps.

I'm racing against Amy, Cream, and Blaze. In fact, you can hear Blaze at about 0:55, though I'll do one with her as well.

IMO they both sound similar, but different. Silver in particular seems to sound a bit forced now.

Thanks man u outdid urself! thanks for your time! we appreciate this alot!

Doesn't Jet sound like the voice actor of Chester from Fairly OddParents (Jason Marsden)?

He kind of does... Curse you, now I won't get that out of my head. XD

Doesn't Jet sound like the voice actor of Chester from Fairly OddParents (Jason Marsden)?

Heh, sounds like Neil Goldman from Family Guy to me.

Ok, here's where we are now.

• I did another race with Silver and placed better.
  • I also did a race with Blaze and placed decently.
  • I've started on Final Race. Evidently there are THREE races, all three lap affairs. I've had about six attempts and only have cleared one to show for it. I'm taking a break right now, I'm covered in sweat again!
  • I'll be uploading said race clips shortly

Ok, here's where we are now.

• I did another race with Silver and placed better.
  • I also did a race with Blaze and placed decently.
  • I've started on Final Race. Evidently there are THREE races, all three lap affairs. I've had about six attempts and only have cleared one to show for it. I'm taking a break right now, I'm covered in sweat again!
  • I'll be uploading said race clips shortly

Excellent, can't wait! :D

Here are those Silver and Blaze clips

Again, these are both Ring Races, and I think I came in 2nd and 3rd on both (Vector cheap shotted me at the last minute). Silver has a different line at the end, so you can just skip there if you don't care for the usual cheers and grunts.

As it stands, unless I can find a way to beat the last two races without jumping, I may be done for the night. I suppose I'll upload the first two scenes from the Final Race, which would put you right where that youtube video is.

• Thumbs Up 1

I swear I just posted in here...

After hearing Shadow's voice more, it reminds me of my boyfriend's voice. Now I like it alot more...

Blaze sounds pretty awesome, not too different from her old voice, but better. Silver is a little worse than his old voice, but still good.

Edit: "ASS7" Very funny capcha.

Edited by Guest

I love the arrogant, regal quality to Blaze's voice, even if it's a little over-the-top. Bella Hudson's Blaze wasn't bad, but this new voice is much more distinct. I feel similarly about a lot of the new voices, actually... they tend to feel less like "Sonic character #whatever" and more like individuals, if that makes sense. Shadow's in particular gave me a similar reaction. I guess that could just be because Jason Griffith and Bella Hudson were both voicing a ton of characters; I dunno. The end result is still an improvement.

Silver still sounds better to me as well, although the second race's clips weren't quite as good. He sounded a bit weird delivering "I am not to be trifled with"; it reminded me a little of... someone. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Blaze sounds older, and more regal. Definitely quite good. Silver could stand to sound a little younger, but his voice is good. No complaints here really.

Everyone seems to think so. It's an annoying voice to listen to and it doesn't suit her look or personality. Classic Amy could perhaps pull it off, but it's just wrong for Amy as she's been since Adventure.

Amy's voice is suppose to be annoying. unfortunately her new voice actor doesn't seem to prove so.

it seems like the new voice actor has Less Emotions into her voice than the Sonic 06/Unleashed voice actor.

i personally preferred her sonic 06/Unleashed voice actor. they should have kept her old voice actor and Shadow's old voice as well.

(Jason Griffith).

Amy's voice is suppose to be annoying. unfortunately her new voice actor doesn't seem to prove so.

it seems like the new voice actor has Less Emotions into her voice than the Sonic 06/Unleashed voice actor.

i personally preferred her sonic 06/Unleashed voice actor. they should have kept her old voice actor and Shadow's old voice as well.

(Jason Griffith).

No, her personality is supposed to be annoying. And even then, it's more "clingy" than "annoying".

And Jason was crap as Shadow. I mean, at least he didn't sound like the ONE VOICE HE CAN DO (seriously, he plays a load of characters in Pokémon- ALL of them sound like Sonic), but that's no excuse for not really having any actual acting. All he did was whisper loudly, and that just isn't a proper voice.

New Shadow may take a bit of getting used to, but the same can be said of ALL of the new voices. I'd say he's a definite improvement.

...And just so y'all know, I'm not a Griffith hater. He'll always be 'my' Sonic, in the same way people grew up with different versions of The Doctor, but there are much better voices out there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Definitely Silverstein for Silver (LOL) and Bailey for Blaze. Obviously we'll need confirmation from Sega or the actors, but I'm 99% sure on this one.

Loving the voices of Blaze and Silver.

Silver's sounds a lot smoother than how he did in Sonic 06. Blaze sounds more like an elegant bitch, which is a good thing. She's not hardcore with it, but she is not to be taken lightly....flames aside.

• Thumbs Up 1

Silver's new voice sounds pretty much perfect. I liked Pete Capella's but I thought the whiny sound did need be turned down a bit despite the character's youthfulness. It sounded like he had a lisp or something when he said "I am not to be trifled with" though, that was kind of weird.

Blaze I'm not sure about, it sounds alright but I think I need to hear her in a game where she plays a bigger role before I can judge.

You'll have to forgive me for asking if it's already been mentioned, but this topic has exploded since I last checked it.

I know we've got Japanese voices for Colours, but can anyone confirm if Free Riders has the option?

• Bad Quality Post 1

No it does not. In fact, there's no options for voices at all. You can mute various things though.

However, there ARE Japanese credits, so I assume it's a Sonic 06 type deal. Set your 360 to JPN and you get JPN voices

No Japanese voice option? Aw, crap, that's pretty damn disappointing, especially since both previous Riders games did. =/

Even if you can change the voices by changing the console settings, that's a bit of a pain. Might do it once in a while though, but still.

In fact, if they're on the disc, why can't SEGA just release a patch for it? I doubt they will, but eh. It just seems a massive shame if the voices are actually there yet inaccessible.

Edited by Mahzes

I wonder what you've got to do to see this Big the Cat non-playable appearance that Kyle Hebert mentioned. I wonder if he got mixed up.

Amy's voice is suppose to be annoying. unfortunately her new voice actor doesn't seem to prove so. it seems like the new voice actor has Less Emotions into her voice than the Sonic 06/Unleashed voice actor.

Amy's supposed to be annoying, but it's not like she's supposed to full-on annoy the audience. Agreed that she was much better with the 4Kids VA.

Lets just hope that future voice direction improves.

I get the impression that this game didn't have as much care put into its dialogue ot voice direction.

I like Shadow's actor as a voice, but not as an actor. I'm just finishing listening to Team Dark's story and the tone of voice NEVER changes. When I read the section where Shadow told Sonic 'I'll end YOU' i expected some real rivalry emotion, but there's none of that all in that line or anywhere for that matter. He sounds like a robot, it's terrible.