Awoo.

Sonic Colo(u)rs Impressions, Help, and Discussion Topic

Agent York

Well, this was an unexpected morning. A review from IGN and also it seems a variety of places have started to sell the game early. It was also leaked online, but we're not discussing that so don't even ask. However, I got a call this morning from a local pawn shop I buy from regularly (they sell Gamecube games super cheap and such) and they got Sonic Colors and are selling... And then apparently I'm not the only one, some of my real-life friends got the same call and then some online in smaller countries or other shops started selling it early well. I'm more surprised since I'm in a US territory but then again we often do get games and stuff from Japan early since we're usually where shipments from Japan come first as we're on the coast opposite of them in the US.

So this topic is for discussion, help, impressions, and more of Sonic Colors. I am going to go pick up the game and leave my impressions tonight, DO NOT WORRY I will mark spoilers and you all should too. To do spoilers simple in your post pt a "[" then the word "spoiler" then another "]" and then end it off with the same thing but before writing spoiler start with a "/", so it'll be like this:

This is a spoiler.

Anyways, did anyone else get the game? Mind you I'm referring legally, but I hear Spain is selling it early in some places too as well.

Edited by Dusk the Horror Keeper

I assume you mean the DS Version. Would it not be better having separate topics for each version considering how vastly different the two games are?

Also, music rip kthx ;)

(I'll be slightly annoyed if it is the Wii version you mean - the only game I've ever preordered and due to get on a release day that's before elsewhere in the world is just too much an explosion of awesomeness to have spoiled.)

Looks like SEGA Couldn't stop leaking their stuff (now with the anniversary game information leaked, and unleashed announcement trailer leaked before unleashed announcement, and sonic 4 leaks).

Nice to hear that sonic colors was leaked. Now we can enjoy it earlier, it saves all of the waiting.

i haven't preordered it, but i can't wait to buy it :)

I assume you mean the DS Version. Would it not be better having separate topics for each version considering how vastly different the two games are?

Also, music rip kthx ;)

(I'll be slightly annoyed if it is the Wii version you mean - the only game I've ever preordered and due to get on a release day that's before elsewhere in the world is just too much an explosion of awesomeness to have spoiled.)

I think its both versions...

• Bad Quality Post 5

To respond, yes it's both the Wii and DS version to my knowledge.

And nah, if you say which version you're playing we should all know. Just say the Wii or DS version and we'll have an idea I'm sure, kinda' like the two different versions of sonic Colors had the same topic. Anyways, off to buy so I'll be back in a bit.

While we're at it, no discussion of emulation or flash carts, please. It should go without saying, but I've seen people mention it in the status updates, so we'd like for it to not carry over in topic discussion.

Also, this game wasn't leaked in the same way Sonic 4 was. It is common for retailers to ship games earlier than the street date. So don't go prancing about with "Sega just can't stop leaking their shit," because this is simply not the case.

• Thumbs Up 3

Also, this game wasn't leaked in the same way Sonic 4 was. It is common for retailers to ship games earlier than the street date. So don't go prancing about with "Sega just can't stop leaking their shit," because this is simply not the case.

Calm down, I was obviously joking... I know retailers are the ones who sold it earlier.

I thought i made it obvious that i was joking when i said it...

Edited by speedduelist
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

The only thing I want to see is the intro CGI.

That's it. I make my way to Walmart on Wednesday to hunt it down if this is indeed true.

I Thought It Was Illegal To Sell Game Before There Release

Or At Least In The Uk?

If Not then God damn it I Want Game/Argos To Give It Me Early :angry:

I Thought It Was Illegal To Sell Game Before There Release

Or At Least In The Uk?

If Not then God damn it I Want Game/Argos To Give It Me Early :angry:

It depends. Since game retailers get the final product about a week or two early so that they have them for the release date, some of them pay the companies royalties for permission to sell the game before the release date. Others just start selling the game before release without permisson (usually the smaller retailers); thinking that they can get more sales by doing so (wether it's illegal or not).

BTW, someone's uploaded the intro FMV to the Wii version to YouTube. I'm watching it right now!

Edited by slam422

Welp, I guess I'm gonna check around to see if there are any early copies in my area.

And not to sound preachy or anything, but please be considerate and don't use images containing spoilers in your avatars and signatures. I'm going to be hiding them either way, but it's really irritating for me to see that shit, even if I'm not the one being spoiled.

Back, got the game, and pumped and seems like others are getting it too as videos are starting to be posted. Anyways, I'm off to play, leave impressions (spoiler marked and extra spoiler marked on story details not refraining to gameplay) tonight. Off I go! I'll likely make some videos too later tonight. -3-

EDIT: Should mention I got the Wii version, don't have enough cash on me at the time for the DS version but I will pick it up later.

GAME are usually the ones to send out games early before release if you preorder from them. Happened with me everytime. Still awaiting my email from them.

Looks like SEGA Couldn't stop leaking their stuff (now with the anniversary game information leaked, and unleashed announcement trailer leaked before unleashed announcement, and sonic 4 leaks).

Nice to hear that sonic colors was leaked. Now we can enjoy it earlier, it saves all of the waiting.

i haven't preordered it, but i can't wait to buy it :)

I think its both versions...

I really envy you guys who get this on Friday. Here in the States it hits on Tuesday...and I have play rehearsal for most of next week after-school, and two different play performances on Thursday and Friday. Hopefully I can squeeze a few hours in to play Colors. :P

I really envy you guys who get this on Friday. Here in the States it hits on Tuesday...and I have play rehearsal for most of next week after-school, and two different play performances on Thursday and Friday. Hopefully I can squeeze a few hours in to play Colors. :P

Edited by the blu blur

So I'm in Planet Wisp right now, been playing the game for the last 5-6 hours, I have been going after the Red Rings though, I want those Sonic simulator stages.

So people here have more impressions than they did when I left, but now that I'm back I can leave my impressions up to this point.

*takes in deep breath*

OK, you know what Iizuka was saying several months ago about wanting to make this a modern Sonic game that is better than the classics?

He wasn't lying.

ads;fl;gh;djt;gjlg;fjhjk;sdgfkdl;sf GOD I LOVE THIS GAME. It has more pure fun, more smart levels, more wow moments, more fairness, more awesome music, better writing, basically better everything than we've come to expect and the game contumely wows me and overwhelms me with a feeling of pure joy. You guys played Mario Galaxy 2? This game isn't like Mario Galaxy in a lot of ways, I want to get that out of the way first, they have many differences and both feel fresh in their own ways. But you know how Mario Galaxy 2 filled you with pure joy when you were playing it? Sonic Colors manages to capture that pure joy feeling as well as having more "FUCK YEAH!" and intense moments than Galaxy 2. Yes, I am going to say this, as not only a Sonic fan but a general gamer this game tops Mario Galaxy in ways, which is saying something.

I think it's preference on which one you prefer but as a Sonic fan I am LOVING this game. I haven't felt this giddy playing a Sonic game since Sonic Heroes, yes this game truly makes me feel like a kid again. It's not perfect, the 3D sections, while a lot better than I anticipated, still feel like a future game can better the formula. The game starts off a little slow, and I can feel the difficulty raising in the game and see how the difficulty spikes affect it,. A well, some sessions of the game, particularly in Starlight Carnival, that control themselves for about 20 seconds at a time. Also running enemies don't always hurt you which can make them less of a threat sometimes (though not saying this game is easy), but even with all of this the game does so much right and nothing really wrong, it truly is a game to celebrate for Sonic fans and I think a lot of you guys are going to love it.

Also the cutscenes are making me laugh a lot, and are very well written with some of my favorite characterization for the characters ever. I would seriously place this game with the classics at this point, maybe even over in some ways. Goddammit Sonic is back, I really hope he can keep it up after this and we may be able to look back at when Sonic was in a slump and laugh.

• Thumbs Up 2

I was messing with the options, and does anyone notice there is a stage after the Sonic Simulator? The final boss is there, it contains leaderboards for all the stages, the finale stage, and then the seven Sonic simulator stages but then there's a ??? world... huh. Wonder what that is?

EDIT: Also I'm like the only one with any scores on the leaderboards... lol

EDIT 2: Ohhh, I didn't press Z to submit score, that explains it. So one of the 30-so people with the game. Still nice. -3-

I was messing with the options, and does anyone notice there is a stage after the Sonic Simulator? The final boss is there, it contains leaderboards for all the stages, the finale stage, and then the seven Sonic simulator stages but then there's a ??? world... huh. Wonder what that is?

We must discover this secret!

Or more specifically, you must discover this secret and then tell us what it is!

:P

We must discover this secret!

Or more specifically, you must discover this secret and then tell us what it is!

:P

I actually found out what it was after I completed it, it's the Challenge Mode, which I'm not sure what it's for really as it just makes you play all the stages in order with no real differences to the stage themselves. I don't quite get the point of it besides the fact it has cool title and result music.

Though still no sign of that rainbow star. I unlocked the Mii Heads in the Sonic Simulator, it basically puts your Mii on Sonic's body except it's a bit different since the Sonic body is something like a suit, it doesn't have any fingers and is a bit chubbier and the animations are different and awkward looking.

Still loving the game, AND I will say while I'm not playing co-op, the Sonic simulator is actually a lot of fun. People will bash me for this but it's like a more fun version of Sonic 1 so far. All of the worlds were based off of the first act of the sonic 1 stages and it was pretty impressive how they accomplished some of the feelings of the originals with the new additions of gameplay. The only one that didn't seem based off of something was 2-1 I believe (might of been 3-1), I have no idea what that was based off of.

I actually found out what it was after I completed it, it's the Challenge Mode, which I'm not sure what it's for really as it just makes you play all the stages in order with no real differences to the stage themselves. I don't quite get the point of it besides the fact it has cool title and result music.

Though still no sign of that rainbow star. I unlocked the Mii Heads in the Sonic Simulator, it basically puts your Mii on Sonic's body except it's a bit different since the Sonic body is something like a suit, it doesn't have any fingers and is a bit chubbier and the animations are different and awkward looking.

Still loving the game, AND I will say while I'm not playing co-op, the Sonic simulator is actually a lot of fun. People will bash me for this but it's like a more fun version of Sonic 1 so far. All of the worlds were based off of the first act of the sonic 1 stages and it was pretty impressive how they accomplished some of the feelings of the originals with the new additions of gameplay. The only one that didn't seem based off of something was 2-1 I believe (might of been 3-1), I have no idea what that was based off of.

Can you confirm/deny that you get the Chaos Emeralds via the Sonic Simulator, seeing as you've been using that mode?

The world wants its Super Sonic, y'see :P

Can you confirm/deny that you get the Chaos Emeralds via the Sonic Simulator, seeing as you've been using that mode?

The world wants its Super Sonic, y'see :P

It might take a while to get Super Sonic, you have all the act 1's available but you need a whole HELL of a lot of Red Rings to unlock it. I have like 40-something Red rings and I haven't unlocked act 2 in the Sonic Simulator. I have unlocked Mii Heads though. This might take a while.

At the very least you don't unlock them by completing all of the act 1 stuff.

You're smart. It came out in Australia, like planned.

Yes I am smart. and you are an idiot.

Joke aside, it comes in australia at 11 November. and today is 9 November, yesterday when it was out in the Market in USA in 8 November...

• Bad Quality Post 3

Yes I am smart. and you are an idiot.

Joke aside, it comes in australia at 11 November. and today is 9 November, yesterday when it was out in the Market in USA in 8 November...

I haven't been playing it, but watching it more or less.

I don't much care for the gameplay and level designs so that is pretty much why I won't be buying this. My main concern was the cutscenes because in this day and age any little shred of "like" I have for Sonic comes down to the character himself.

then go watch a movie... no offense.

or play sonic 06 it has great cut scenes.

Also, focusing on Sonic & Tails is what this franchise needs.

that is alright, but Cut Scenes doesn't equal games. I do agree Story makes the game more enjoyable,

but if the story fails and the game play is great, i won't care so much about the story, voice acting and cut scenes... although they would bother me a little.

but the game seems excellent from what i have seen, I am not near as Excited for the Cut Scenes and voice acting as much as Game play and level design.

and they both are great for me.

if you care about the cut scenes and voices that is your opinion, and i agree. i am just saying if the level design and game play fails, I wouldn't buy the game and it appears the level design is extremely great in colors case..

Edited by speedduelist