Awoo.

Sonic Colors Spoilers & Video Topic *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Agent York

Super in Aquarium Park 1 would be just dandy.

It'll take an hour or so to be up on the tube.

Also I fail at S ranking with Super Sonic =P

My only worry about unlocking Super Sonic:

When you collect all the emeralds and gain 50 rings in a stage, you automatically get given the Super power up. Which is all well and good, but what if you want to play through as regular Sonic and use a Wisp? Does collecting a Wisp override the Super power up? It seems that Super Sonic can't use Wisp powers either, so a major part of the game could become off-limits if you dare to play as the golden wonder.

Can anyone clear this issue up for me?

WTF!?!? What is this that I'm seeing? Broken Sonic in a 3D game? I can't believe this...it's fake...*goes into denile*

This is crazy though! What? Super Sonic in 3D? I must have been staring at my laptop yelling "STOP LYING TO ME YOU BASTARD!!!" for over an hour before I took this info in...I wonder what his wait animation looks like.

EDIT:@ Doctor MK:

Apparently you can turn Broken Sonic on and off in the options menu. If he's on, the wisps will be removed from the stages and springs will be placed accordingly to progress through the stage.

Edited by L.I.W.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

My only worry about unlocking Super Sonic:

When you collect all the emeralds and gain 50 rings in a stage, you automatically get given the Super power up. Which is all well and good, but what if you want to play through as regular Sonic and use a Wisp? Does collecting a Wisp override the Super power up? It seems that Super Sonic can't use Wisp powers either, so a major part of the game could become off-limits if you dare to play as the golden wonder.

Can anyone clear this issue up for me?

You can enable and disable the transformation in the options menu. Having the Option on alters areas for Super Sonic. Wisps cannot be used when you have the super sonic option on.

You can enable and disable the transformation in the options menu. Having the Option on alters areas for Super Sonic. Wisps cannot be used when you have the super sonic option on.

Ahh right, gotcha :) Thanks!

So Super Sonic mode is basically "play the game like it was a classic game" mode, as it were. No Wisps, just plain ol' Sonic running action - with some shiny golden hog action if you choose to enable it.

Awesome!

This is excellent... I like the option to play as Super Sonic being included, and it makes sense that he couldn't use the Wisps.

But... just for curiosity's sake, what happens when you use Super Sonic in the final boss fight? Does something different happen? Just curious. :P

Edited by EXshad

Someone asked on GAF, but won't this make getting S ranks a piece of cake? Does enabling him not save new ranks? And so he automatically transforms on the 50th ring? Could've sworn in that vid I saw the Z button GC icon when he transformed.

Someone asked on GAF, but won't this make getting S ranks a piece of cake? Does enabling him not save new ranks? And so he automatically transforms on the 50th ring? Could've sworn in that vid I saw the Z button GC icon when he transformed.

ranks are awarded if you obtain enough Points.

to obtain enough points that required you to S Rank each stage, you have to use The Wisps. running through it won't give you an S rank.

Edited by Hero of Legend

Cant you just stay in place as Broken Sonic and gain the Broken Sonic bonus for an "S" rank?(apparently run around and grab rings to sustain your super form)

Cant you just stay in place as Broken Sonic and gain the Broken Sonic bonus for an "S" rank?(apparently run around and grab rings to sustain your super form)

I tried S ranking with Super, I fail it at. lawl

But Yeah, if you don't take advantage of the bonuses you'll miss those S ranks regardless =P

Yes, except Sa2 had 6 playable characters and a great deep plot, while colors has only Sonic and a pretty cheap story.

I agree that Super Sonic is awesome there though.

Wai-what? You aren't dissing Sonic Colors' superior writing and light hearted atmosphere are you?

Too bad four of them suck, and the other two are just clones of each other.

You need to watch more movies.

Anyway, this is just another reason to love Colors. I can't believe it took them fifteen years to get it right.

Yes, yes, and yes.

Edited by SuperClassic

Wai-what? You aren't dissing Sonic Colors' superior writing and light hearted atmosphere are you?

Did i say anything about how bad the writing is? I did not, but the plot utself is VERY cheap and not deep at all unlike that one in Sa2. The cutscenes are boring and if there wasn't any funny lines, they would suck hard. It's the humour that makes the colours' plot a bit better than it is.

The humour in colours is great, i'm not doubting that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait...Super Sonic?

Is PLAYABLE IN NORMAL LEVELS!!! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME D:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK SA2!! COLORS IS THE BEST 3D SONIC GAME EVER!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been trying to keep mostly spoiler free, but I just had to know if Super Sonic was finally going to be playable in a all levels in a 3D Sonic game. Needless to say this is fantastic news!

SONIC RUSH 3 CONFIRMED !!! Thanks to Woun! I'll be playing DS version today later too.

52342874.png

Wait what?! Silver?! In a main 3D game?! Charmy? Rouge? Knuckles? Cream? BIG?! YES, they are ALL there!

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 1

SONIC RUSH 3 CONFIRMED !!! Thanks to Woun! I'll be playing DS version today later too.

52342874.png

Wait what?! Silver?! In a main 3D game?! Charmy? Rouge? Knuckles? Cream? BIG?! YES, they are ALL there!

Say what now? Sonic Colours DS has been leaked?

Well, now you can't say they haven't perfected Sonic's gameplay anymore. Now, next game have more characters, pleeeeeeaaaaaaase? Preferably the ones with their own Super forms?