Awoo.

All Argos Sonic Colours pre-orders please read

Badnik Mechanic

Wow, I never noticed the 'not to be sold separately' thing. Bloody hell. That sucks, considering I'm probably the only person who actually forked over £15 for the thing.

I didn't know there was a pic of a better looking version of the figure with different Wisps. I wonder if this is a prototype model?

Anyway, I think the "Not to be sold separately" and "Limited Edition" marks just make this whole thing even more ridiculous. There's no bar code either. It obviously means that the figures were sent out by SEGA to be given away as a promotional gift with copies of the game, but Argos wouldn't do that and instead sold them off. I wonder what SEGA would make of this. We should update Watchdog and Trading Standards with this.

I'm not going to contact trading standards or watchdog over this, since for me it's resolved and I can't be doing with the extra stress... but I would be VERY interested in hearing if Sega has an official responce about this, no I don't mean AAUK to come in and give his opinion since he's probably got better things to do, just some kind of word from their marketing about this, it's quite disgraceful that Argos are charging for FREE pre-order gifts.

How exactly did Argos get the rights to distribute these?

Edited by Gnasher

I didn't know there was a pic of a better looking version of the figure with different Wisps. I wonder if this is a prototype model?

Anyway, I think the "Not to be sold separately" and "Limited Edition" marks just make this whole thing even more ridiculous. There's no bar code either. It obviously means that the figures were sent out by SEGA to be given away as a promotional gift with copies of the game, but Argos wouldn't do that and instead sold them off. I wonder what SEGA would make of this. We should update Watchdog and Trading Standards with this.

Edited by Mahzes

There is a barcode on it, Shadz, but it still does say 'not to be sold separately'.

Also, just noticed on the back, "This figure is not a toy". Colours figures are SERIOUS BUSINESS. laugh.gif

Oh yeah, I see the bar code in Gnasher's pic now XD Doesn't make sense that it would have one though, since it's a free gift. My Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games charms I got from pre-ordering the game at Gamestation are in similar packaging and don't have a bar code.

This whole mess is odd though anyway, from Argos forgetting to add the figures to orders right up to them offering the thing for sale. It's certainly not a common practice with preorder bonus items...

The last big preorder bonus I got was Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver's Ho-Oh and Lugia figures. Regardless how many they had, I didn't see Gamestation or Game sell their surplus stock (though I did once get the Sonic Chronicles tin a few days after release by asking very nicely at Game :3)

But eh, I'll take the £15 gift voucher and use it to buy Sonic Colours DS (or something else) instead ; D (providing it turns up!)

I should have mentioned this earlier but Shadz' post on TSS has just reminded me.

On friday I was told by the person who picked up the figure (as I couldn't get to the store on time) what the staff tried to do. Despite having a redemption code in the form of a mobile phone text, and as an email print out. Argos staff still wanted the person to pay for the figure!

Yeah, the code wasn't a 'free code' it was a 'on hold' code. Meaning had I not made copies or my order in the form of print screens, or copied that screen shot you took of the listing, chances are I wouldn't have gotten this figure as Argos did NOT want to give it out for free regardless of what my code said.

So if you get a redemption code, take all prints and evidence that the figure it should be free with you.

After 10 days my order still isn't sorted. I bought the game from work today with 10% off (seems like some good has finally come from working at Morrisons :P) My copy from Argos will be returned tomorrow morning along with another complaint.

I don't care if they offer a preorder bonus of 90% off, I won't be buying from them again any time soon.

I went to Argos today. It took a while to sort out the the lady was very nice and tried hard to sort everything out. Annoyingly they only had the one figure in stock (I got Wii and DS versions from them), but there's another store near-by with another. So they gave me the one they had and reserved another at the other place.

Also, I opened the figure up. It's a pain to pose and I have to lean it against something, but I quite like it. Sonic's holding the Cyan Wisp, the White Wisp is stuck to my SA1 case next to Sonic and the Orange Wisp is stood infront.

Edited by Blue Blood

After 10 days my order still isn't sorted. I bought the game from work today with 10% off (seems like some good has finally come from working at Morrisons :P) My copy from Argos will be returned tomorrow morning along with another complaint.

I don't care if they offer a preorder bonus of 90% off, I won't be buying from them again any time soon.

I'm shocked, really I am. I just can't believe that they're still not honoring the deal.

I can't even think what you guys could do, for me Shadz print screen of the offer and my pre-order print screen was enough to convince them that it was on offer and I should get it. If it was me in your situation, I'd pop a letter to Sega, whilst it's not their promotion, I'd imagine that they wouldn't be too ammused at what Argos did, you might get some kind of responce from them, even if it's just them saying "We agree it was wrong, but we can't do anything about it."

• Thumbs Up 1

Got my second figure today. Apparently the second Argos store gave my Mum some more hassle because they didn't understand that she was picking-up something that was supposed to be free despite the other store writing all these notes, reserving it, reducing the price to zero and explaining why. Eesh. What a mess. Go with the GAME group next time you want to bonuses SEGA. Bloody hell...

Also, I'll use Argos in the future if SEGA decide otherwise. Curse my inner-fanboy!

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, SEGA should stick with the GAME group and/or HMV in future, since they've never caused problems and are experienced with this stuff. Nice of them to try another retailer, but it's failed terribly, so I wouldn't trust them again if I were SEGA. I mean, Argos are selling these free gifts instead of giving them away. You can't get worse than that.

Yeah, SEGA should stick with the GAME group and/or HMV in future, since they've never caused problems and are experienced with this stuff. Nice of them to try another retailer, but it's failed terribly, so I wouldn't trust them again if I were SEGA. I mean, Argos are selling these free gifts instead of giving them away. You can't get worse than that.

NOT TO BE SOLD SEPARATELY

Dimwits.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is being sold seperately in America too right? Does anyone know what the packaging there looks like? Is it a classic Jazzwares box or is it the "Argos goldfish bag box?"

I don't believe it's out yet. Or if it is it's yet to be sighted. Regardless, I think Jazwares are releasing a Colours figure are release of signifcantly higher quality that the European pre-order ones.

sonicwisps.jpg

This is being sold seperately in America too right? Does anyone know what the packaging there looks like? Is it a classic Jazzwares box or is it the "Argos goldfish bag box?"

It's supposed to be released sometime this month separately in the U.S.

http://www.toyglobe.com/SonicColors.php

No pic of it packaged yet though, just the loose pic that Blue Blood posted.

Its been a week and a half and they still havnt sent me the figure yet....Ill wait until Monday and if its still not here Ill have to call them yet again. Last time im ever shopping at Argos.

Ever.

So who would like to see what the Sonic Colours figure 'should' look like?

John Freeman was mad and angry! I'll get you back Arrrr-gos!

UK fellows... we have officially been shafted... it was not nice.

Oh well, I guess the goldfish bag figures will be rarer than the main retail box ones, thats at least one saving grace.

HEY!

I just noticed.

Look at the Sonic in my photo.

Soniccoloursfigure2.jpg

Look at the hands... see that? Both hands open, and a small magnet is there...

Now look at the big box one.

Look at the hands... one hand... closed... Also the joints are not as obvious.

Looks like Tomy might have indeed made the UK version, not just slapped their name on his shoe.

As I stated in the Jazwares thread, it looks as if my theory was correct. I wonder why Tomy decided to make their own. Maybe Jazwares' superior version would take longer or cost more to manufacture and they needed something in time for Colors' release? Who knows? Either way, it's very strange. :huh:

The UK one is the same one that's in the special edition released in the rest of Europe and Australia, so I don't think Tomy will have made it, but rather some other company.

2b560aaf05pecial.jpg.jpg

Sonic-Colours-DS-570x275.jpg

Could someone with the special editions tell us if it says who made the figure anywhere on the packaging?

Im Might Get One Of Those US Colours Figures

I Dont Even Care That They Spelled Colours Wrong

Well, at least the good Colours figure is just the standard Jazwares Sonic packaged with a couple of wisps. I don't feel so bad about missing out on it now, since I already own the Black Knight Sonic who is practically identical.

And Gnasher, the crap UK figure doesn't have magnets in its hands, they're just holes. The wisps have small plastic pegs on them that clip them to his hands, is all.

And hey, at least our one is limited edition! :lol:

Im Might Get One Of Those US Colours Figures

I Dont Even Care That They Spelled Colours Wrong

It's not wrong. That's how they spell Colours in the U.S.