Awoo.

Tomb Raider - Out 05/03/2013 for X360/PS3/PC

Shaddix Leto Croft

I linked to that video back Didn't any of you watch it? I guess I should have mentioned there's a death in there.

• Thumbs Up 2

People only pay attention to this game when death or rape are mentioned.

That's because they're selling it like that

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait Lara is raped on this game???? You're fucking kidding, right? Violence is a thing, but rape?

No, she does not get raped. An old dude tries to do it and then she kills him.

That's it.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 2

Wow

Wow

Wow

Fuck this fucking game. I hate this game, I hate the developers involved, I hate the people who are totally okay with this and tell us that we should be too.

• Thumbs Up 2

This is going to be DmC all over again for me I bet. Like DmC, I've played a little of previous games, but couldn't get into them, and now with this latest entry, I'm going to enjoy it and most people here are going to hate it and laugh at me.

trasfusioni-sangue-gatti.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm not a Tomb Raider fan but is the Tomb Raider series always this gory and violent?   
Not the ones I've played on my PS1. What happened with this new game? I thought it would just look more like Uncharted, not that senseless violence. I guess this is just how things works this days. Why be original and fun if you can have gore, right?

This is going to be DmC all over again for me I bet. Like DmC, I've played a little of previous games, but couldn't get into them, and now with this latest entry, I'm going to enjoy it and most people here are going to hate it and laugh at me.

Actually, I think the people who enjoy stuff like that GIF are put into national databases and aren't let into post offices; though I'm admittedly not sure the procedures for such things in the U.K.

Don't worry, I'll still love you Shadzter.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 4

Oh nonsense. Even if this game riles up every fan left I don't think anyone's gonna be coming after you of all people.

Not the ones I've played on my PS1. What happened with this new game? I thought it would just look more like Uncharted, not that senseless violence. I guess this is just how things works this days. Why be original and fun if you can have gore, right?

They said from the very beginning in the early magazine previews that were scanned up online that there was going to be gory deaths in this game. 

No, she does not get raped. An old dude tries to do it and then she kills him.

That's it.

Oh it's just /attempted rape/, well luzers I have no idea why people would ever get up in arms

Because it's not like regardless it's a highly tense and very controversial thing.

Seriously, it's ok to like something and still recognize shit in it....but playing the completely dismissive 'NOTHING IS WRONG EVERYTHING IS PERFECT EVERYONE ELSE IS DUMB' card is just trite 

• Thumbs Up 3

You know what, I'm going back on my stance that it's okay if people are not bothered by this. It's not. This is something that more people should be aware of and actually discuss without putting their hands on their ears going "LA LA LA, I'M GOING TO ENJOY IT ANYWAY." Because this is nowhere near the level that DmC reaches - this isn't an offense on the Tomb Raider series, this is a grossly accurate representation of how women are fucking treated in media and especially perceived, and you know what, I'm so fucking frustrated that now I've just about reached the point where I want to give up if shit like this in the industry is considered perfectly acceptable.

If you think we're being idiots about it or overreacting, then fuck off. It's your ignorance and dismissal of the situation that's the fucking icing of this entire problem.

I can't deal with this game anymore. It genuinely repulses me. It's a blight on the goddamn industry and it's just more evidence to me that things are just never going to change.

• Thumbs Up 9

Oh it's just /attempted rape/, well luzers I have no idea why people would ever get up in arms

Because it's not like regardless it's a highly tense and very controversial thing.

Seriously, it's ok to like something and still recognize shit in it....but playing the completely dismissive 'NOTHING IS WRONG EVERYTHING IS PERFECT EVERYONE ELSE IS DUMB' card is just trite 

I never said that everything was fine and perfect, hell I just said there was attempted rape in the game and not actual rape to answear someone.

I'm still interested in the game for the gameplay that is similar to Uncharted, I couldn't care less about the scenes.

I took the 'that's it' line in your text to be a generally dismissive statement, akin to 'that's it...so what are people freaking out about'...which to me had an odd conflict in the fact that you were acknowledging the presence of rape in the game (even if it was only attempted), yet dismissing it as something for people to get upset about in the same sentence.

Which runs similar with a lot of arguments I've seen in this topic, as well as in the greater gaming community as a whole.....The Jimquisition did a video on something like it not that long ago

If you don't care about scenes like that, then it's your call. But to me your statement earlier along with your post 'nobody pays attention to this game unless it's to the gore/rape' seems like a contradiction of acting like there's no grounds for the argument to be made on while also acknowledging those grounds. 

They said from the very beginning in the early magazine previews that were scanned up online that there was going to be gory deaths in this game. 
So they decided to do it like that from the start? Why is the game called Tomb Raider then? I took a time to watch playthroughs and this is just a game were a girl named Lara is brutally killed 3 quarters of it... this is why I've asked what happened, in general. I haven't been following it, but I immediately know why people are pissed.

So they decided to do it like that from the start? Why is the game called Tomb Raider then? I took a time to watch playthroughs and this is just a game were a girl named Lara is brutally killed 3 quarters of it... this is why I've asked what happened, in general. I haven't been following it, but I immediately know why people are pissed.

Not defending the game but didn't a preview of this game say that the game was intended to be a gritty reboot from day one?

edit: I said game three times in a single sentence, woo

Edited by Blue Wisp
  • Thumbs Up 3

...you guys realize you're just arguing over whether or not a bunch of pixels should try and get close enough to get into another set of pixels or not, right? But anyways, thinking about it if this is how women are treated normally in media then, whether you like it or not, this should be expected. In fact, since (from what I understand,) a fair amount of the enemies are at least somewhat creepy or crazy (and if they're trying to kill her, they may very well be,) and seeing as how it's Laura Croft, aka Ms. Fanservice Action Girl, you'd think if anything that more people would try to rape her. I think you're all just freaking out because it's something controversial that hasn't been in the series before.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to put up my flame shield for my shitstorm bunker.

I took the 'that's it' line in your text to be a generally dismissive statement, akin to 'that's it...so what are people freaking out about'...which to me had an odd conflict in the fact that you were acknowledging the presence of rape in the game (even if it was only attempted), yet dismissing it as something for people to get upset about in the same sentence.

Which runs similar with a lot of arguments I've seen in this topic, as well as in the greater gaming community as a whole.....The Jimquisition did a video on something like it not that long ago

If you don't care about scenes like that, then it's your call. But to me your statement earlier along with your post 'nobody pays attention to this game unless it's to the gore/rape' seems like a contradiction of acting like there's no grounds for the argument to be made on while also acknowledging those grounds. 

The nobody pays attention to this comment seems pretty accurate for me, just go back a page and you can see that when stuff like the multiplayer is revealed or new gameplay videos are out you have like 2 persons talking about the game or none at all but when a death gif is posted everyone seems to remember that this exists.

• Thumbs Up 2

...you guys realize you're just arguing over whether or not a bunch of pixels should try and get close enough to get into another set of pixels or not, right? But anyways, thinking about it if this is how women are treated normally in media then, whether you like it or not, this should be expected. In fact, since (from what I understand,) a fair amount of the enemies are at least somewhat creepy or crazy (and if they're trying to kill her, they may very well be,) and seeing as how it's Laura Croft, aka Ms. Fanservice Action Girl, you'd think if anything that more people would try to rape her. I think you're all just freaking out because it's something controversial that hasn't been in the series before.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to put up my flame shield for my shitstorm bunker.

First of all there are thousands of essays on the treatment of women in movies, literature, and the news. How the fuck are video games any less important a media if they're consumed by the masses and have their own problems in gender display?

I also find it pathetic in a very sad way how you think we shouldn't discuss this because "this is to be expected." Like wow. So I gotta expect that women will have to be treated like shit? Wow.

Also I don't even give a shit about Tomb Raider as a series. I've never played the games before so I am looking at this as its own entity. And I genuinely believe that this is one of the worst, most horrible things to ever come out of modern gaming, ever.

I just can't believe that people can flat out tell me that my concerns and views do not matter and that I am in a minority. It's extremely disheartening and further contributes to my hatred of treatment of women.

and seeing as how it's Laura Croft, aka Ms. Fanservice Action Girl, you'd think if anything that more people would try to rape her.

What a terrible sentiment. Fucking god almighty.

• Thumbs Up 6