Awoo.

SEGA Genesis Arcade Motion?

goku262002

I got an early copy of a walgreens ad for sunday (12/12/10) and among the junk stuff that walgreens usually has I saw this was going on sale:

http://www.meijer.com/s/arcade-motion-dual...ayer/_/R-166165

Should I get one? its going on sale for $20 but I'm guessing its riddled with the common problems these PnP consoles have.

If your interested in getting one, here is the walgreens page. keep in mind that the sale doesnt start until sunday the 12th.

dscn3630i.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• goku262002

• Superstarsmasher

• Badnik Mechanic

• Pikawil

I would say no. But that's just me. I would get a console port, or a collection. But if you're desperate, go ahead. Or I guess you might emulate, but I don't do or recommend that.

I would say no. But that's just me. I would get a console port, or a collection. But if you're desperate, go ahead. Or I guess you might emulate, but I don't do or recommend that.

Relax new guy, don't need to be soo cautious. the internet police or SEGA are not going to hunt you down if you talk about emulation here (DUN DUN DUNNNN!). ;)

I'm curious because of its SD port which i have never seen on PnP before. i wonder if i could play hacks on this PnP that would be pretty sweet!

Hang on! Isn't that the thing that they were using SSMB member Envy's art on?

lol looks like they changed it if it is.

The console is small and light weight. It works like the wii sensor bar where it has to be placed a certain way in order to do the motion sensor stuff correctly. It requires 4 AA batteries and 2 AAA (not included) batteries per fake wii-mote thingy, and there are two of them included. You have to unscrew and rescrew everything in order to change batteries. The P2 controller only works with 2-player games. They are not interchangeable.

The system comes with AV cables. The power supply unit is not included, that is to say, there's nothing to plug it in with.

It requires INPUT: 110V-240V AC/50HZ-60HZ, OUTPUT:5V DC/500MA, PLUG:--(.+

Sega games include

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle

Arrow Flash

Bonanza Bros.

Columns 3

Columns

Crack Down

Mean bean Machine

Ecco

Flicky

Fatal Labyrinth

Ristar

Sonic SPinball

Sonic 1

Sonic 2

The Ooze

Motion games include

Tennis

Ping Pong

Baseball

Boxing

Bowling

Golf

Fishing

Arcade style games include

Jack's Pea

Jewel Magic

Curling 2010

Plumbing Contest

Wall Breaking

Snow Boarding

Fish Story

Chess

Air Hockey

Spider

Naval Power

Mr. Balls

Cannon

Fight or Lose

Bottle Taps Race

Bomber

Checker

Hexagons

There's a slot for the SD card in the back of the console. More games can be downloaded at mugaatgames.net

It's cute as a button, but it seems like more of a hassle than it should be.

Me and my sister had the Genesis Activator. What a waste that was.

Edited by back2s0ul

As a long-time fan of cheap-as-chips Chinese gaming goods, (and alliteration, for all who hadn't deduced that already) I'd say that it's probably worth every cent of the $30 asking price. Seriously though, devices like that go for 40-50 pounds over here in the UK, and are probably constructed and designed to an equivalent level of quality...

I've also noticed that the system is manufactured by AtGames, a company that not only holds official Sega licenses to various different MegaDrive titles, but is also a major distributor of emulation-based Sega goods in Europe and the US (along with the likes of Blaze and TecToy - though the latter are usually limited to developing countries such as Brazil). In my eyes, this makes it a viable purchase, unless you actually have the original system and cartridges, have picked up a copy of PS3 and Xbox 360 compilation MegaDrive Ultimate Collection or are into legally grey emulation such as Kega or Gens. Of course, if you're buying it for the "Arcade Games" and "Motion Sports Titles", (which I very much doubt, and don't blame you for) then it's likely to be nothing less than a high-quality product sporting a wholly excellent price tag - go for it if you want or need it.

Relax new guy, don't need to be soo cautious. the internet police or SEGA are not going to hunt you down if you talk about emulation here (DUN DUN DUNNNN!). ;)

I'm curious because of its SD port which i have never seen on PnP before. i wonder if i could play hacks on this PnP that would be pretty sweet!

Oh, really? Huh. Well, this is kind of awkward.

Oh, really? Huh. Well, this is kind of awkward.

Yeah don't worry about it. as long as you dont distribute roms and emulators here its perfectly ok to talk about emulation.