2011's Three New Sonic Titles

1644 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

EDIT: Sonic Generations revealed, subforum here.

EDIT: S4:E2 revealed, subforum here.

EDIT: M&S at the London 2012 Olympics revealed, topic

We have some announcements in the early part of next year that will further support and add to this strategy. There will be two of three big Sonic announcements in the early part of next calendar year.

Edited by eXtaticus
gracias por nada likes this

Posted (edited)

The next 'main game'. The 20th anniversary title.

S4E2

Mario and Sonic get chased through London by a bunch of chavs at the 2012 Olympic Games

That's all.

Edited by Blue Blood
Professor Zolo likes this

Posted (edited)

Seriously, who put the dirt in your cereal?

Yeah, your assumptions (minus the adjectives) are probably correct.

[post directed at OP]

Edited by Indigo Rush
Gary Oak and Red Cap like this

Posted

I dunno about the Mario n sonic one. I mean it would make sense but wht can they do? If they do London 2012 its the same events from the 2007 game.

But yeah, Big Anniversary game and Sonic 4 ep2 definatly.

Posted (edited)

I dunno about the Mario n sonic one. I mean it would make sense but wht can they do? If they do London 2012 its the same events from the 2007 game.

Edited by Blue Blood

Posted

Pretty much, let's not forget about the 3DS game though...

However, given SEGA's recent attempts at surprises, I don't think Episode 2 would be considered a big announcement, nor would another sports game... maybe SEGA has something very surprising up their sleeves like a Sonic Unleashed styled remake of classic levels on one compilation disc, which is something I wouldn't want but would still buy anyway

Yay! another'announcement of an announcement'!

Posted (edited)

Pretty much, let's not forget about the 3DS game though...

Edited by Blue Blood

Posted

20th Ann game, S4E2, and the 3DS game. I'll probably check out two of those. I'll be slow to getting a 3DS.

Posted

There really are four possibilities to what these three games could be. My predictions?

- 20th Anniversary title

- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II

- Nintendo 3DS title

- Third Mario & Sonic crossover title

I'd be VERY happy with the first three, as the Mario & Sonic games honestly weren't that great.

gracias por nada likes this

Posted (edited)

And they can do four potentially. Heck, they did it this year.

Edited by Edge

Posted

20th Ann game, S4E2, and the 3DS game. I'll probably check out two of those. I'll be slow to getting a 3DS.

Posted

Since the Anniversary game is apparently coming out on all current platforms, I wonder if a 3DS version will be on the way too. That way we'll get 2 games on the platform, providing that the 3DS game we currently know of is a 3DS specific game and doesn't turn out to just be a 3DS version of the Anniversary game.

Posted (edited)

Can I just point something out here...

"There will be two of three big Sonic announcements in the early part of next calendar year.”

We're assuming the word announcements... means games?

Lets look back at 2010 for a moment, it was one hell of a year, there was so much out of no-where announcements and they were pretty big announcements at that. New voice actors pretty much had people going ape for a week. Especially when it turned out that 'consoles' was Roger Craig Smith.

Alton Towers and Sega did a deal to get a

and roller-coaster! F4F announced the new giant Super Sonic statue and series 2 of the mini figures which have turned out to be very popular.

The Sonic sticker book.

The explosion in Jazzwares related toot, in fact, every 4 months we seemed to get another huge burst of merch, in past years we've had one new thing (per continent) (impact innovations plush, original giant Sonic statue etc) and thats it, this year there was so much it was hard to keep track.

Tomy announced that it was going to distribute merch in the UK.

Not to mention any potential SOS related announcement.

Would you consider those as poential candidates for 'big' announcements? Also look at his use of big announcements, he lables them all as early next year. It doesn't seem likely that they would announce 3 new games all at once, it's not happened before and in 2010 it doesn't really match the pattern of announcements either.

Edited by Hogfather

Posted

That is actually a very good point. I do doubt that it's anything but games though because we wouldn't be getting another VA announcement (hopefully for a long time) The only non-gaming announcement I could think of would be another television series or a film. (A documentary would seem likely)

Posted

I'd also be suprised if they weren't games. I think it's likely since we know know Episode 2 is most likely going to be a 2011/early 2012 release, Sonic 20 is more or less certain to be a Winter 2011 release, 3DS... maybe, depends.

But it's certainly something to consider, I mean we've had stuff like this before, "Big announcement this friday" and it's not been a game or what we've expected.

Patch for Sonic 06.

Posted

That is actually a very good point. I do doubt that it's anything but games though because we wouldn't be getting another VA announcement (hopefully for a long time) The only non-gaming announcement I could think of would be another television series or a film. (A documentary would seem likely)

I would be cool if it was only the latter. At this point I'll go with anything Sonic related.

Posted

Lets look back at 2010 for a moment, it was one hell of a year, there was so much out of no-where announcements and they were pretty big announcements at that. New voice actors pretty much had people going ape for a week. Especially when it turned out that 'consoles' was Roger Craig Smith.

Alton Towers and Sega did a deal to get a

and roller-coaster! F4F announced the new giant Super Sonic statue and series 2 of the mini figures which have turned out to be very popular.

The Sonic sticker book.

The explosion in Jazzwares related toot, in fact, every 4 months we seemed to get another huge burst of merch, in past years we've had one new thing (per continent) (impact innovations plush, original giant Sonic statue etc) and thats it, this year there was so much it was hard to keep track.

Tomy announced that it was going to distribute merch in the UK.

Not to mention any potential SOS related announcement.

Would you consider those as poential candidates for 'big' announcements? Also look at his use of big announcements, he lables them all as early next year. It doesn't seem likely that they would announce 3 new games all at once, it's not happened before and in 2010 it doesn't really match the pattern of announcements either.

Well, he only says 2 of 3 announcements will be made early next year. I think it is possible that they would announce 2 games early next year and a third later in the year, if they do all turn out to be game announcements. Would be a good twist if one of them wasn't game related though. I wouldn't mind it if they just released a 3DS specific game and the Anniversary game next year, then Sonic 4: Episode 2 early 2012, or Sonic 4: Episode 2 next year and the 3DS game in 2012.

Posted

I'm assuming that we get Adventure 2 on PSN/XBLA as well next year. And getting slammed by reviews for forcing alternate gameplay styles.

Posted

Patch for Sonic 06.

I'll believe it when they put it back on LIVE.

Posted (edited)

Well, in the interview, it was insinuated that a Mario and Sonic game, which serves as the "party" franchise for Sonic, would be coming out, along with 2 other games. I'm guessing Sonic 4 Episode 2 and Sonic's big 20th game (which I still am hoping is HD-exclusive, especially since SEGA said that they would be "dividing" the target-audiences for certain consoles, with the Wii/DS being for "kids"). But damn, I sure hope it ain't Sonic Adventure 3. The franchise had it's time, and it's up. I still say they call it Sonic Forever :rolleyes:

The interviewee also mentioned that they wouldn't be pumping so many Sonic games into the market from now on. Even though every game this year (besides Free Riders) was practically met with a glowing reception (which Btw did nothing but make Sonic's reputation better).

Edited by EXshad

Posted (edited)

Has anyone thought that the 3DS game might just be a port of the anniversary game? That was rumored to be on the 3ds also.

Edited by sjmaster92

Posted (edited)

Maybe it could be Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic games for the 3DS I think since previous M&S games have appeared on the DS aswell as just being Wii games so that my guess of the 3DS game. I hope we get the 1 of the annoucements soon after new year maybe 2 weeks into January.

Edited by MerryShaddiXmas

Posted (edited)

I don't think it'll be the 3DS game, I remember when Sonic DS was getting thrown around but we didn't see it for a year after the DS release. Remember we have seen NOTHING on the 3DS Sonic game and it was apparently at the VERY BEGINNING of production half a year ago, we likely won't see it in 2011.

I predict Sonic 4: Episode 2, Sonic Anniversary, and the new Mario & Sonic title. It sounds the most logical and I still believe the SEGA Spain leak.

Edited by Dusk the Horror Keeper

Posted

Jix Hedgehog says the new game he mentioned in the other topic that a GameStop staff member told him about has been removed from their database:

GameStop said the Sonic title they had for pre-order (Genesis style with amazing graphics) got removed from the database.