eXtaticus

2011's Three New Sonic Titles

1644 posts in this topic

I like the Generations thing, but I am so done with crappy Mario & Sonic mini-games. :/ After the "Wow, Mario and Sonic characters together!" thing passed I was only left with boring games that I never play anymore.

I'm not complaining, I don't want too much info before E3. I'd like to be surprised, even though I have a pretty damn good idea what the game's concept is at this point. I can't stress how good classic Sonic looks in 3D, however. Now THAT is what Sonic should look like in Sonic 4, seriously. I hate to be a "BAWWWW GREEN EYES" guy but really, change that shit immediately.

Both say "capa não definitiva". It's in portuguese, and it means that these are beta/placeholders for the real boxarts

And come on! the Olympic games were blatantly obvious. Or didn't you remember the London Olympic Games coming next year?

It looks that way, yes, since it has done just that somewhat by adding more proof of the new Xbox 360 & PS3 game's 'Generations' title and by unveiling the new M&S game.

Hmm, I guess so. B) I just thought that it might have been bigger news than that, since it's already largely assumed that Sonic Generations is the name of this game, plus the Mario and Sonic title was rumoured/leaked quite a while back. Not quite Lid Blow off-able in my eyes, but I guess it provides a little more backing for the proof of the titles' existence. :)

Both say "capa não definitiva". It's in portuguese, and it means that these are beta/placeholders for the real boxarts

And come on! the Olympic games were blatantly obvious. Or didn't you remember the London Olympic Games coming next year?

Come on, Sega, I follow the series for years, and this is the thanks I get?

The thanks you get is Generations. kthnxbye

That Generations art is LOVELY. Enlarge the image a bit, add Sonic/Sonic the Hedgehog above it and put in a background and it's a winner!

Of these two new game announcements, I'm guessing that the final one is just going to be Sonic 4: Episode II?

Most likely. We've had Sonic 4: Episode 2 confirmed to be in development by Ken Balough at the SEGA Forums, and now these 2 games, so the only other game would be that Sonic 3DS title, unless SEGA has more hidden away :lol:

So, we've got

Sonic Generations: 2011

Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games: Likely a Q4 2011 release, since all M&S games release Q4 the year before the Olympics start.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2: Date currently unknown, but I wouldn't be surprised if it released this year.

Sonic 3DS: With the 3 titles above already on the way and not a peep heard about it since E3 2010, I can see this being a 2012 release.

The thanks you get is Generations. kthnxbye
Yeah that game that isn't coming out for the system I own sure is a nice little gift.
JezMM likes this

Just a simple boxart? Huh ok.

They're placeholders, as the text says.

Dio: SEGA's a company, they don't owe you any gifts or thanks.

Edited by Blue Blood
Ferno and Core like this

Sonic 3DS: With the 3 titles above already on the way and not a peep heard about it since E3 2010, I can see this being a 2012 release.

Or maybe a port of Generations/Mario & Sonic?

Or maybe a port of Generations/Mario & Sonic?

Generations? Probably not. M&S is certainly possible though. Heck, it would make a lot of sense judging the release dates of the previous two. Late in the year when parents will be buying theirs kids 3DS' as gifts, they'll pick this up too.

I've got the Mario and Sonic one back. I'll have a look around to see if I can find another version of generations... or I could do a drawing of what it looked like if you would rather have that?

TSSZ Says:

Dear world: I've tinkered w/ the server & added hotlink protection. Stop directly posting images from the site. Lookin' at you SSMB. kthxbye

lolwut. What sense do it?

No, they seem to be gone for me, too. They're probably still in your cache.

Cache cleared, images working good.

EDIT: Woun's got it.

Edited by Blue Blood

TSSZ Says:

Dear world: I've tinkered w/ the server & added hotlink protection. Stop directly posting images from the site. Lookin' at you SSMB. kthxbye

Hogfathers official responce:

I'm too busy laughing to comment.

Edited by Hogfather
Ferno likes this

Haha. Oh wow Tristan, you never fail to crack me up. :P

Anyway, that Generations box art looks pretty sweet. Just make Classic Sonic a tiny bit bigger (is he really THAT short compared to Modern Sonic?), add "Sonic" to the title, and fill in that white background and it'd make a good final boxart.

Edited by gamerguy21