eXtaticus

2011's Three New Sonic Titles

1644 posts in this topic

30hyiyx.jpg

16.png

This is why you File -> Save as.

TSSZ Says:

I don't mind if people save the imagery independently--it's not ours originally, after all--but at least don't kill our bandwidth. All I ask

What meaning do it at all? Damn.

This is why you File -> Save as.

Well I did, I still have it in fact, but because it didn't come via and official means I didn't want to bung it on my photo bucket in case Sega then asks photobucket to delete me.

I did however start drawing my own version of what it looked like as I had a feeling this would happen. This is what I came up with.

sonicgener.jpg

It looked a bit like that... so if for some reason all the pictures are taken down... there is that.

Edited by Hogfather

Dear world: I've tinkered w/ the server & added hotlink protection. Stop directly posting images from the site. Lookin' at you SSMB. kthxbye

Good job I downloaded them earlier then, isn't it?

2w7foci.jpg

vgoiua.jpg

Hotlinking FTW! :P

EDIT: Beaten to it. Damn my slow internet right now.

Detective Hogfather likes this

Eh... I really ain't a fan of the box art for Generations, and I'm hoping it's a place holder. It looks so plain, I was hoping for something more exciting. Gimme Barry's mock-up over that any day, that looks epic.

Barry the Nomad likes this

Just make Classic Sonic a tiny bit bigger (is he really THAT short compared to Modern Sonic?)

I'd thought that Modern and Classic Sonic is suppose to be the same height.

I'm not surprised that we're getting another Olympic game but I'm shocked that people had so much faith for that it would have been something other than a mini game collection.

Eh... I really ain't a fan of the box art for Generations, and I'm hoping it's a place holder. It looks so plain, I was hoping for something more exciting. Gimme Barry's mock-up over that any day, that looks epic.

*picard.jpg*

You don't have to be able to read Portuguese to decipher the text on the both the boxes.

Detective Hogfather likes this

I'm not surprised that we're getting another Olympic game but I'm shocked that people had so much faith for that it would have been something other than a mini game collection.

I admit I didn't have any hopes for anything more either, but I suppose there's still the lingering disappointment that started with the announcement of the first game:

"Hey guys! We're making a Mario and Sonic crossover on the Wii!"

"THAT IS AMAZING HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT"

"Also it's a mini-game collection"

" ...Oh....oh :( "

Well, at least we can hope that there will be more character interaction if Winter Game's trend continues.

Edited by Ekaje

I'd thought that Modern and Classic Sonic is suppose to be the same height.

But...modern Sonic's legs are longer. :mellow:

Well the people on the official SEGA forums are bitching nonstop, it seems. After seeing that, let me say, I love you guys... platonicaly. :)

But...modern Sonic's legs are longer. :mellow:

But his body is also smaller. I mean, I always knew that Modern Sonic's current model was still taller than Classic Sonic, but I didn't think it was by THAT much (it certainly didn't look like that in the trailer, but they were both leaned over running there). Now I'm really curious to see Sonic 06 Sonic standing next to Classic Sonic...

Every corner of the Internet needs a place to keep some of the crazies and young'ins. That place for Sonic fans is the SEGA Forums,

and Sonic Passion.

(not that we don't have our share of weird members popping in and out on occasion, but you get the general idea)

Edited by Indigo Rush

*picard.jpg*

You don't have to be able to read Portuguese to decipher the text on the both the boxes.

What? I know it's a placeholder, I meant that I hope the art is a placeholder. The art could very well stay the same, all they'd have to do is add a backdrop, put the "Sonic" logo somewhere, touch up a few details, and it's good for release. I just don't like the design of it, is all.

*picard.jpg right back at ya ;)

Edited by EXshad

Well the people on the official SEGA forums are bitching nonstop, it seems. After seeing that, let me say, I love you guys... platonicaly. :)

Aren't the people there always bitching about something? That place is such a trainwreck.

I don't think the Sega forums are bad all the time...just most of it.

Anyways is it me or does classics Sonic face look a little weird? Probably just me.

Aren't the people there always bitching about something? That place is such a trainwreck.

Of course that place is a trainwreck, you know it's going to happen and you don't wanna look but when shit hits the fan you can't help but look to see what happens.

Now I'm really curious to see Sonic 06 Sonic standing next to Classic Sonic...

Bah. Sonic was no taller in 06 then he usually is.

Although seeing him standing next to classic Sonic would be plenty jarring proportion wise.

On Sonic Retro, a user, "Sonicandtails" made a gif. that flashes the American Classic Sonic 2D artwork pose over the Classic Sonic on the box art for comparison. Aside from the Japanese Classic Sonic influences in the model on the boxart, that cause some differences, it's a pretty great match. :D The attention to detail that Sonic Team put in to Classic Sonic is outstanding. It is a great combination of the American and Japanese Classic Sonics and it stays faithful to the Classic Design.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

So is that placeholder box art offical? Where did it come from? And this basically confirms that the game name is now "sonic generations" correct? I remember there was some doubt about the name still.

On Sonic Retro, a user, "Sonicandtails" made a gif. that flashes the American Classic Sonic 2D artwork pose over the Classic Sonic on the box art for comparison. Aside from the Japanese Classic Sonic influences in the model on the boxart, that cause some differences, it's a pretty great match. :D The attention to detail that Sonic Team put in to Classic Sonic is outstanding. It is a great combination of the American and Japanese Classic Sonics and it stays faithful to the Classic Design.

Edited by goku262002

Of course that place is a trainwreck, you know it's going to happen and you don't wanna look but when shit hits the fan you can't help but look to see what happens.