Awoo.

Should Sonic and Amy be together?

TheDanimator

No Amy should not be with Sonic. The problem with Amy is that she has no real personality outside of her crush on Sonic. Everything that she does she does to get Sonic to notice her. Her crush on Sonic holds her back as a character.

Exactly. And seeing how she handled the relationship would also add depth.

Really, all Sega needs is better writers and more continuity when it comes to lasting character development.

No, just no. Firstly, I'm by absolutely no means a SonAmy fan, Amy's FAR too fangirly over Sonic for my liking, she never gives the poor guy a rest, plus she's underage of course, oh, not to mention annoying and ugly ^^ But most of all, Sonic just doesn't need a girlfriend, I mean c'mon, Sonic's not exactly Mr romantic is he? It just would've be right. However, I do agree on Amy forever chasing Sonic, Sonic running away as a result of this, etc. although she could do with acting a bit less fangirly over him I must admit. But yeah, I reckon this is how it should forever stay, because Sonic being in a relationship in the games just wouldn't look right, at the end of the day.

No Amy should not be with Sonic. The problem with Amy is that she has no real personality outside of her crush on Sonic. Everything that she does she does to get Sonic to notice her. Her crush on Sonic holds her back as a character.

Obvious Sonally shipper is obvious.

Dude seriously your post reeks of biased, I know you prefer the comics over the games, but don't just assume Amy has no personality because you haven't seen it. You need to go back to games like Sa1, and Sa2 and 06, and Unleashed all those games show her doing something other than just fawning over Sonic. Hell even the comics shows she has other hobbies aside from chasing him.

Obvious Sonally shipper is obvious.

Dude seriously your post reeks of biased, I know you prefer the comics over the games, but don't just assume Amy has no personality because you haven't seen it. You need to go back to games like Sa1, and Sa2 and 06, and Unleashed all those games show her doing something other than just fawning over Sonic. Hell even the comics shows she has other hobbies aside from chasing him.

Yes I'm a Sonally shipper, but that has nothing to do with my feelings for Amy.

I just feel that Amy is the wrong girl for Sonic.

Yes I'm a Sonally shipper, but that has nothing to do with my feelings for Amy.

I just feel that Amy is the wrong girl for Sonic.

The fact you think Amy is wrong for Sonic has nothing to do with the fact you said she has no personality, that's what I'm talking about. I can name a few personality traits for Amy that don't include Sonic.

I wouldn't mind Sonic and Amy getting together, but what I really want, whether they get together or not, is some reassurance that Amy will still care for Sonic even if her dreams of romance fail. That's one of the things I liked about Chronicles...if you get the Sonamy cutscene, and have Sonic be as mean as possible to Amy...she doesn't threaten Sonic...or even get angry. She just walks off, completely heartbroken, but continues to fight by Sonic's side.

Not that I want Sonic to be outright mean to Amy, but it would be nice to see something from Sonic Team that confirms once and for all that Amy is a truly loyal friend, and not a psycho stalker who is going to kill him sooner or later. It may seem that I'm saying this for Sonic's benefit, but I'm mainly saying these things because I think that Amy deserves better(Well, as much as a fictional character can deserve anything).

Edited by BlazeyBakeneko

It would be nice for Sonic to cut her a little slack in the SEGA-verse. Taking her on a date would be a bit too much though. In the Archie-verse they are the same age (both 17) so it wouldn't be as bad there. It's a good gag all over though.

#1 Sonic beets a deadly robot.

#2 Sonic win.

#3 Amy comes running to hug/congratulate him.

#4 Sonic runs screaming scared of her more than he was of the robot.

I don't know about you, but I always enjoy this.

And "crazy"? The games themselves imply that Sonic does like Amy. If anything he's scared away because he thinks she comes on too strong, or he's just not ready for a relationship.

I as implying the Sonamy fanatics showing me proof out of a Disney mag are crazy. The text of the "proof" says that the editors went straight into a Sonic Team office and ask if Sonic likes Amy (in which the answer was yes, and that Sonic is a shy guy).

I dunno about you, but shy is one of those adjectives I wouldn't put on Sonic at all.

In the Archie-verse they are the same age (both 17) so it wouldn't be as bad there. It's a good gag all over though.

In the Archie-verse, Amy is 12 and Sonic basically 16 almost 17 (he lost a year in space). If anything the age difference is worst. But anyway Sonic only has eyes for Sally in the comics due to her status as being his childhood female friend.

According to the Archie Sonic wiki Amy is 11. Amy's physical age is closer to 17 due to using the Ring of Acorns.

All I have to say to that is... what the crud Ian Flynn going and changing information around like that. I must locate this source info!

... Though it does certainly gives an explanation as to why none of their artists physically draws Amy in a 12 year old body despite the SEGA source material says she's 12.

It would be nice for Sonic to cut her a little slack in the SEGA-verse. Taking her on a date would be a bit too much though. In the Archie-verse they are the same age (both 17) so it wouldn't be as bad there. It's a good gag all over though.

#1 Sonic beets a deadly robot.

#2 Sonic win.

#3 Amy comes running to hug/congratulate him.

#4 Sonic runs screaming scared of her more than he was of the robot.

I don't know about you, but I always enjoy this.

Thy went out on a date (Or were supposed to actually) in Black Knight

All I have to say to that is... what the crud Ian Flynn going and changing information around like that. I must locate this source info!

... Though it does certainly gives an explanation as to why none of their artists physically draws Amy in a 12 year old body despite the SEGA source material says she's 12.

Probably because Sonic is 15 in the games, and a three year difference is a lot less jarring than a 5 year one, espcially since Sonic would be close to adulthood while Amy wouldn't even be a teenager yet.

This is one of the points where I prefer the games, because it makes the prospect their relationship less squicky, actually? didn't Sonic take Amy out on a date in the comics............oh dear.

Probably because Sonic is 15 in the games, and a three year difference is a lot less jarring than a 5 year one, espcially since Sonic would be close to adulthood while Amy wouldn't even be a teenager yet.

This is one of the points where I prefer the games, because it makes the prospect their relationship less squicky, actually? didn't Sonic take Amy out on a date in the comics............oh dear.

And boy did it open a can of worms... :lol:

Not to mention it is never mentioned or acknowleged again for the rest of that arc. :huh:

Thy went out on a date (Or were supposed to actually) in Black Knight

Which was rather strange because only Amy said it was a date... :huh:

Perhaps Sonic thought it would be just two friends hanging out (at least I believe Sonic sees Amy as a friend) but to Amy it was something different...

Whatever, doesn't really matter to me, it' just my interpretation. *shrugs*

It probably was a pity date, because Sonic doesn't deny it wasn't a date, and because he sees Amy as a good friend I bet he felt she deserved some attention for her commitment.

That or maybe he lost a bet to Knuckles like in the comics.

It probably was a pity date, because Sonic doesn't deny it wasn't a date, and because he sees Amy as a good friend I bet he felt she deserved some attention for her commitment.

That or maybe he lost a bet to Knuckles like in the comics.

LOL I remember that issue...unfortunately. <_<

That's kind of how I see it too, Sonic may be starting to see Amy as a friend, but she apparently doesn't see it that way.

LOL I remember that issue...unfortunately. <_<

That's kind of how I see it too, Sonic may be starting to see Amy as a friend, but she apparently doesn't see it that way.

And then Hilarity Ensues.

Right now? No.

After years of character development that would make such a romance believable? Yes.

But this is Sonic Team we're talking about, where "character development" is confined to single games, and characters snap back immediately afterward. Longterm complex storytelling isn't something to expect here, so there's no way Sonic and Amy will believably gradually get to know each other better, and no time for Sonic to reciprocate Amy's feelings.

As they stand now, if Sonic were to suddenly fall in love with Amy, it would feel forced and badly written.

The Archie date happened in their Sonic X universe. Sonic is 15 and Amy is 12. It was something Sonic had to do due to a bet lost to Knuckles.

Edited by SEGAMew

No way! Maybe in the expanded universe, go for it, but I love the relationship they have going, with Amy chasing Sonic for a date and threatening him with her hammer, while Sonic desperately tries to avoid her, like the relationships between Pepe Le Pew and Penelope Pussycat. However, Sonic will spring in to action to save her, due to her being his friend and his overwhelming sense of justice. Yet, in the end, in just increase Amy's infatuation for him. It's pretty clever, I say!

It just seems like such a mainstay of the series that I really don't wanna see it change in the main storyline. I know the game's grow and plotlines grow and characters evolve, but certain things are just tradition to me, and this is one of them.

Edited by EXshad

Really?! Sonic, age 17, took Amy, age 11, out on a date? That's just sick. And nevermind the "physically 17" thing, an 11 year old with a rack is still an 11 year old...

Seriously Mr Flynn, making Sonic a slut is one thing, but a frickin pedo? Way past uncool man... :(

The Amy age controversy has been around since before Ian became writer of the book.

So like ever since Tails age the Forbidden Fruit of Wisdom and recovered from the effects of it, Tails aged up to being physically ten and is mentally a technical genius. The technical genius didn't manifest itself until many many issues later.

But you know, it took some time for me to get use to the fact that Tails is no longer older than Amy for a long long time.