Awoo.

Homestuck

Carbo

THE RETURN OF COURTYARD DROLL'S HATS OF WONDER.

So, I've been reading for like four straight days now, really into it... finally got to Act 6 and it's starting over with a new cast of characters? ): Without spoiling too much for me, is that it for the old cast of humans and trolls? I will be very sad but will persevere and try to get back into it, anyway XD;

No. They'll be back. You now have 3 sets of characters and their counterparts to remember. Congrats.

*greet*

Jack why are you too smart.

Also:

Happy New Year!

Totally freakin' called it.

Just saw the newest update.

ACT 6 ACT 2 BEGINS

Jane, stop trolling us. You've pretty much broken the record of the character with the most deaths in a month.

04420.gif

Oh hai, cat First Guardian.

$5 says this (eventually) finally explains the mystery of Jaspers.

Edited by Spin

http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/15222891959/the-next-album-a-contest

The Next Album: A Contest

The MSPA music team has made exactly 20 great albums since the beginning of Homestuck. For the next album, I thought it would be fun to open the music submissions up to everybody.

There seems to be a large number of musicians in the readership outside the music team, who often work on their own HS fan music or remixes. I’ve had quite a number of people express interest in submitting music to HS over the years, but to keep the team from ballooning out of control, I’ve had to draw the recruitment line somewhere. This strikes me as a nice opportunity to give a lot of other creative people a chance to contribute music. The music team was originally assembled just before HS began with the idea that I wanted MSPA stories to largely build and develop through contribution from the readership, and I think this album idea is very much in the spirit of that original premise.

The challenge

If you want to submit music, the idea is simple. Pick a character from Homestuck, and make a song for that character. It can be any character, particularly those in identifiable categories, like the eight human kids, the trolls, ancestors, agents, exiles, Midnight Crew, Felt. If you want to pick a character not in one of those groups, that’s fine too. Keep in mind there’s a decent chance that if your song is picked, it could be reallocated to a different character, since it’s expected we’ll get a lot of submission overlap, and it’s not going to be “The Album of 50 Karkat Songs!” So picking a character for your song is just a starting point for you, and we’ll sort it all out during the selection process.

You can submit up to three songs. No more than that, or they will not be considered! They can be for three different characters, or the same character, whatever you want. You can do remixes, etc. of other HS songs, but we’ll have to run it by the original artist, and they’ll have some stake in the song’s sales. Attach MP3 files in an email to the address provided below before the deadline. Do not send WAV files! Too big. If your song is picked, we will contact you and ask for the high quality file.

Those details again

- Pick a Homestuck character

- Make a song for that character

- Submit up to 3 songs (for different characters if you like)

- Attach MP3 files to email (no WAVs!)

- We’ll get back to you asking for a high quality file if your song is picked

I am hoping to include as much artist diversity as possible in the final list. Ideally, one artist per song. So while you may submit up to 3, if one of your songs is picked, it’ll likely be only one. If you have a lot of music you’re dying to send, hopefully the 3 song max will mitigate any agonizing decisions over which to send.

Submission

Send submission emails to:

homestuckmusic@gmail.com

The deadline is 6 weeks from now, on 2/13/12. The album will be released two weeks after that.

The Prize

If your song is picked, it will be included with the album! That’s pretty much the extent of the prize. You’ll get a cut of the album sales, in proportion with how many songs you have in the album to the total number of songs.

Also, if this contributes any motivation for you, I’m going to try to make a point of using at least one song from this album in a future animation.

I think that should be all the info you need to get started. Everybody is already super psyched to hear what you come up with. Happy music makin!

Holy shit I'm down with this. I need my laptop back. Now.

Oh and upcoming update schedule

tumblr_lx7h9wK07j1r5ubkfo1_500.gif

Guanine

Cytosine

Adenine

Thymine

A - T

C - G

In other words, DNA. :B I don't think it has as much to do with Karkat as that.

Edited by Mega

Guanine

Cytosine

Adenine

Thymine

A - T

C - G

In other words, DNA. :B I don't think it has as much to do with Karkat as that.

I had Geneticist in bold for a reason.

Yeah but he's the carcinoGeneticist, the cancer-giver. DNA's been all over the comic; the chumhandle/trolltag initials (using John's old one) are all the 2-letter combinations of g-c-a-t, and the MEOW code was a GCAT code, through substitution. I don't think this has anything in particular to do with Karkat.

Though, who knows. This is Homestuck, after all...

It's now proven, never believe Hussie when he says he won't update.

Anyway. From here, waaaaaay back in early Act 1:

“You decide to consult with the Colonel’s bottomless wisdom. Good grief this thing is huge. It could kill a cat if you dropped it."

What did Lalonde just do? Appearify a copy of Sassacre. Look who was on her desk.

Looks like we finally know how Jaspers died.

Lalonde is responsible for the computer exploding? I should have known, after all it was her typing habits when she warned Jane in the last few pages... Man am I ever slow. I need to be kicked in the ass for being so slow.

In other news, Strider is a officially a brony. I lol'd when I saw a Rainbow Dash poster in his room.

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

We finally have a name for Lalonde: Roxy. Incredibly fitting in my opinion.

We also have a name for Strider: Dick Dirk.

Edited by Spin

Well that, uh, hm.

Fucking dream bubbles. I suddenly don't understand anything even more.

edit: Okay apparently Hussie changed the flash so now Nepeta and Karkat are white-eyes dead, which clears things up a bit...

Edited by Diogenes

He's most likely Karkat from a beta timeline, not "our" Karkat. Apparently Jaspersprite was right:

AC: :33 < so, youre saying that maybe i will have to die to get to be with him?

JASPERSPRITE: Yes maybe. :3

I predict that every possible pairing will be fulfilled due to dead beta timeline duplicates.

Yeah I think the shown Karkat was a doomed-timeline Karkat as well. Hussie's answer to the confusion on Tumblr:

Two word answer to FAQ “I don’t get it”: dream bubble.

I probably wouldn’t have even bothered with the animation if I didn’t make the little SOPA blackout animation that preceded it. Once that was there it just seemed like a good springboard for a bigger animation. Otherwise I probably would have just made a few static panels, and likely not conveyed nearly as much.

And I only came up with the idea for the SOPA blackout flash-redirect on the same day it was posted.

The seat of my pants is like a magic carpet, and I am singing to you while we swoop over Arabia. You are Jasmine, and you’re smitten as hell.

Jaffar is all the congressmen who got owned yesterday.

I love his analogies.

Edited by Spin

Roxy very nearly sees Rose in the dreamworld, very nearly causing a spectacular bout of mindfuckery.

I wonder, have we seen Rose's side of that flash before? I don't remember.

• 2 weeks later...

OH SHIT

BEST FLASH

WHEN WILL WE GET THAT SONG

WHO KNOWS

BUT IT AIN'T SOON ENOUGH

Edited by Phantomime
  • Thumbs Up 1