Awoo.

SONIC RELIEF 2011 - Get Your Nose On!

Doctor MK

sr2011-header-1.png

Sonic Relief is back at last for its third and final year of fundraising antics! Following the success of the previous two campaigns, Sonic Relief 2011 aims to be bigger and better than ever so as to make it a swansong to remember. Our target for this year is £500+ as it would mean over the three years of Sonic Relief we will have raised over £1,000 for charity – quite the achievement to bow out on! That's not to say we don't want to reach for the stars though... let's give the Sonic Marathon a run for its money if we can, and regain our crown as the most successful Sonic fundraiser!

sonicrelief2donate-1.png

sr2011firstpost-banner1.png

Entry Submissions

Show off your creative talents in aid of a good cause! Simply create your own piece of humorous Sonic fan art/music/video/etc (the possibilities are endless!) and every one we receive will go towards raising money.

You can either post your entries in this designated topic on SSMB or alternatively e-mail your entries to sonicreliefuk@hotmail.co.uk – the best entries will be in with a chance of winning some goodies! (prizes yet to be revealed)

The theme for entries this year returns to “something funny”, but we’d love to see some entries that incorporate our new Blue Noses to help promote the campaign. So once you’ve made your masterpiece and entered, share it with the world and help to spread the Sonic Relief love across the interweb!

A different kind of entry we will also accept this year comes under the heading of ‘Sonic Relief DIY’, for which we want to see you going out into the big wide world and doing your own spot of Sonic fundraising! Have a sponsored day in blue, participate in a fun run dressed as our favourite ‘hog, make a calendar with your friends, literally anything you can think of – and then pass the proceeds onto us! Simples! Details (preferably with some photographic evidence) of your efforts should be posted in this here topic and the money raised donated via our JustGiving page.

THE DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES WILL BE SUNDAY 27TH 2011.

Donations are not compulsory alongside entries this year, however they are obviously encouraged if you have money to give.

Donations

Want to do your bit to help but don’t necessarily fancy having to make an entry, or want to accompany your entry with a donation? Then we’ve got you covered! Simply head on over to www.justgiving.com/sonicreliefuk and you can pledge as much as you want to our cause – and all the money goes straight to the charity! You’ll need a credit/debit card to use JustGiving, but it’s simple and safe!

THE DEADLINE FOR DONATIONS WILL BE FRIDAY 18TH MARCH 2011.

sr2011firstpost-banner2.png

Sonic Relief is branching out into all-new horizons with the Blue Noses, our most ambitious and exciting feature to date! We want each and every one of you to don one of our Blue Noses on your avatars, signatures, profile pictures, etc to help spread the word about our campaign and hopefully provide some laughs in the process!

The process is simple, as demonstrated here by Sonic the Hedgehog himself:

sr2011-004.pngsr2011-005.png

You can get your hands on a Blue Nose in a variety of sizes to suit every purpose here:

bluenose20x20.png

XS (20x20)

bluenose30x30.png

Small (30x30)

bluenose50x50.png

Medium (50x50)

bluenose100x100.png

Large (100x100)

bluenose.png

XL (150x150)

Feel free to resize the Noses to suit your images as necessary, or if you need us to slap a Blue Nose onto your avatar for you then just let us know!

We'd love to see some of your entries incorporating the Blue Noses and don't forget to post any of your Blue Nose images here in this topic - perhaps we could make a collage out of them all at the end of the campaign!

sr2011firstpost-banner3.png

There’s plenty more to be excited about during the course of Sonic Relief 2011, with many creative projects already underway!

aos-triorender250.png

Sonic: The Age of Steam, the steampunk Sonic fan-fiction being written by yours truly, kicked off earlier this year and you can look forward to reading the rest of the story in the coming weeks! We’ve had some great steampunk badnik designs too, amongst other support - this is truly turning into a real community project! You can read the story and check out all the artwork so far at the official blog. We'd love to see your The Age of Steam inspired entries, also!

RadioSEGA DJ Gavvie is also returning to help out with Songs For Sonic 2, which follows in the vein of the original album from last year, but this time featuring originally mixed tracks exclusively for Sonic Relief 2011! The album will be available to download soon.

Sonic Relief and RadioSEGA are also planning to team up at some point during the campaign for Blue Nose Day, a radio-thon of musical and fundaising fusion! Stay tuned for futher details.

These and many other individual projects are going on right now as well, such as Glenn Scully’s The Shadow of a GUN fan-fic, so please show your support to each and every one of them and pledge accordingly!

Let's make this the Sonic fundraiser to end all Sonic fundraisers!

Sonic Relief Facebook Group

@SonicReliefUK Twitter

Sonic Relief DeviantArt Group

Edited by Doctor MK
  • Thumbs Up 4

Absolutely brilliant! :)

The sheer amount of organisational skills involved in launching such a campaign, and coming up with a variety of fun and catchy fundraising ideas, is awesome! This truly is by the fans, and the best way to show our support for charity and those people less fortunate than us.

Because, let's be serious for a second... we're here because we all love Sonic. Whether on a videogame console, or a DVD box set, we're lucky enough to have the money and culture to indulge our fandom. We think "Hmm, do I have enough to buy this plush?" whereas there are people in the world who are thinking "Hmm, do I have enough to buy food?" I think the fact our fanbase is coming together like this, to help those people, well... 'tis nothing short of inspirational (especially since everybody accuses the Sonic fanbase of being catty and divided). I regret missing previous years and I sure as heck won't miss this one!

Doctor MK is very kind to mention The Shadow of a GUN, and a forthcoming episode will directly address Sonic Relief, but in all honesty I'm only doing it because I can't draw. I can't use Photoshop. I wish I could do something huge for the efforts, but the only thing I can do is write. So I'm writing. Please, please, whatever you can do, whatever your talents... this year, lend them to Sonic Relief!

Best of luck to you all! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Ooo, I've been learning to use Flash lately, maybe I can whip something funny up. :lol:

Right on! Let's get our nose on! XD

I've got a couple of pictures under works for the campaign. It would be cool if I can finish my Sonic 20th tribute picture for Psyguys project, to be added to this too. Since it's going to be something extra special and may take several weeks to finish.

Anyway, I'm gonna also try and make sure that anyone that knows Sonic also knows about Sonic Relief. In other words, I'm going to go harass a bunch of people. :D

BTW: how does my blue nose guy look? I attempted to edit a gif for the first time. I also gave Sonic a smile by simply turning his frown upside down. ^-^

Edited by DanfieldJ86

Lets make this one to remember! My animation this year is going to be a heck of a lot bigger than any other year! I hope it will make people laugh when I release it (still in the works :-P)

Nose = on!

Hmm... I'm not really good at drawing/animating or anything. Maybe I'll make a live-action video. Or just stick noses on pictures to make them funny. Considering I have little-to-no free time in my life now, the latter sounds more likely. Oh well, anything to help, I guess!

Well I got the blue nose on my avatar. I'm not sure if you can all see it. It is there though.

Ha ha! Tails looks funny wearing it with those staring eyes :lol:

Sonic Wrecks has Nosified itself - I suggest you do the same if you haven't done yet!

An incredibly massive thanks from me for your support, AAUK! :)

Together we can show them the REAL SUPAH POWAH OF TEAMWORK!

(also, do as he says and get your nose on!)

As promised, here is my Age of Steam entry. Hope you like it.

Deviant Art Description

"Sonic: The Age of Steam is a project devised by Richard "Doctor MK" Swain to help showcase some of the creative talents of the Sonic community, in addition to aiding the Sonic Relief 2011 campaign.

The premise of the project revolves around a fan-fiction penned by Richard Swain in which Sonic the Hedgehog finds himself in a steampunk-esque world where no one recognises him and his nemesis is leading the way for an industrial revolution with his array of mechanical servants. Sonic takes it upon himself to try and foil the seemingly evil schemes whilst also trying to solve the mystery of why he has ended up in this strange new world."

As someone who had a very minor involvement with the first Sonic Relief, two years ago and being unable to take part in last years, I wanted to step things up for the third and last Sonic Relief campaign. As stated in the quote above, the fan-fiction called Sonic: The Age of Steam is part of said campaign.

The outfits Knuckles and Tails are wearing are from Swiss's cover art for the blog, I figure continuity is important.

The Adventure Style colouring was never part of my original plan, but something came over me, and I felt like trying again, after previous failures.

I've suprised myself with how this all came out, to be honest with you all

post-247-0-09608000-1296688049_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

I heartily approve of your artwork, Danfield! You've pretty much nailed the atmosphere of the story.

And while I'm on the topic of The Age of Steam, expect some more updates soon. Like, next few days soon.

That's phenomenal work, Danfield! :)

I heartily approve of your artwork, Danfield! You've pretty much nailed the atmosphere of the story.

And while I'm on the topic of The Age of Steam, expect some more updates soon. Like, next few days soon.

Wow, thanks guys. I'm happy to take part in something so good for the community. And I'm glad you all like it. :D

I shall look forward to the next chapter of AoS too. Although I haven't had a chance to read the first two yet. >.< So many projects....

On a slightly related note, I think it's worth mentioning that so far this years Sonic Relief is extremely close to passing last years total already. That is an amazing achievement, and it's only been a week!! Lets keep this up everyone. :)

Gavvie gives the lowdown on RadioSEGA's involvement with Sonic Relief 2011...

It's February, and that must mean that it's time to start raising more money for charity!

Yes, we're a week late on posting about this, but I've been "busy"..mostly playing Borderlands and then partaking in zombie congas, but also on something that's more than a little related to this blogpost. More on that shortly.

Anywho, Sonic Relief. You may remember that last year raised a staggering £375.55 for charity, £100 of which was donated by yours truly via the Songs for Sonic album. That in itself was a massive increase on the first year's total, so congratulations to you all for achieving that. However, it does unfortunately mean that we're raising the bar again for this year's fundraiser, the final one. To read more, hit the link.

There's been a few changes this year, firstly there's no set theme if you want to get involved. Well..it has to include Sonic somewhere, obviously, but other than that, you're fine. You could, for example, draw a comic showing Sonic beating Eggman via the power of interpretative dance. OR...You could make a stop-motion video showing Sonic teaming up with Morph to defeat that dastardly Chas. Chas....

Ahem. Moving swiftly onwards, if you don't fancy getting involved that way, you could always just donate cash. The link can be found >>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<<< (notice it)? You'll notice that it's raised a truly mammoth £340 already, after a week! Amazing.

SO. Enough about all that, what're we doing? Well, first and foremost there's Songs for Sonic 2, a dual disc venture between myself and Mr. Stream. In the style of Sonic 3D/Sonic CD, this album is going to be two interpretations of the same soundtrack, the catch being that the soundtrack is entirely original, and the game doesn't exist. We'll have more news on the album very shortly.

We're also going to be doing a couple of rather special radio shows. Foreversonic will be presenting a SEGA AGES Battle Royale pitching the two Songs for Sonic 2 soundtracks against each other. Also, we have something in the pipeline which is tentatively titled the Sonic Relief Radio-Thon. I'd love to talk more about this, but there's been some developments since the initial idea was thought up, so...We'll keep quiet on that one. All I'll say is: Keep some cash handy, because you're going to be paying to make requests. Somewhere in the region of £1-2, final amount to be confirmed.

What're you waiting for? You've read this far, now all you've got to do is GO DO SOMETHING SONIC FOR MONEY!

Source: http://www.radiosega.net/blog.php?id=160

More news on Songs For Sonic 2 and the Sonic Relief 2011 radiothon as and when it is revealed! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

So a magical mystery box turned up today...

DSC00798.jpg

More on that later.

And before anyone asks, no, there are not going to be any more than those you see here - we are not branching out into actually selling the things. Blue Noses are still very much an online-only affair. These real-life ones are for a special purpose, which I'll go into when I'm not completely swamped by essays.

It's not anything directly related to the campaign though. Think of it more as me going that little extra mile to commemorate the success of Sonic Relief over the years.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just donated the money left in my PayPal account, which is only £2.63. Sorry it couldn't be more, but I'm low on money to spare right now.

Congrats on the huge success so far :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Just donated the money left in my PayPal account, which is only £2.63. Sorry it couldn't be more, but I'm low on money to spare right now.

Congrats on the huge success so far :)

Any contribution is a worthwhile contribution! Besides, you've put in plenty of hard work to help make Sonic Relief such a success over the years, I'm just grateful for all you've done! ;)

So we're just under a month away from the finish line and just under £600 so far... could we hit £1000+? I sure think so! Especially with Gavvie's Songs For Sonic 2 heading our way on Monday!

• Thumbs Up 1

Songs For Sonic 2 is here!

3351955790-1.jpg

The Official Album for Sonic Relief 2011! This year, Living Sedative teams up with Mr. Stream to deliver two very different takes on the same idea.

Unlike last year's £100-raising album of MidiMixes, this year the music is all-new! Each artist was given the task of creating a soundtrack to a Sonic game that doesn't even exist.

As with last year, Songs for Sonic 2 is indeed raising money for charity through Sonic Relief. This year, it's Comic Relief. Help us to help others by downloading this album, and get two discs of great music as an added extra!

NB: Tracks 1-12 are by Living Sedative, aka Disc 1. Tracks 13-24 are by Mr Stream, aka Disc 2. If you'd like to retag the album name as such after downloading, feel free!

If you'd like to download the album, you can do so here

Minimum donations are £2, but you are free to pledge more if you wish.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope you don't mind me submitting my very first sprite movie towards the Sonic Relief. I've been working on this like non-stop so I hope you all like it.

Edited by RidersDX
  • Thumbs Up 1