Awoo.

MegaMan Comes to Archie Comics

LunarEdge

http://www.archiecomics.com/blog/news/2011/01/hit-video-game-property-mega-man-comes-to-archie-comics.html

mm1.jpg

Seems as though, like Sonic, Megaman will have his own comic book series via Archie Comics. This cover-art looks really good and I hope the art inside looks just as good, but I would imagine each issue will probably have a different artist here and there. I am actually happy about this. I am a big fan of Megaman and since this relatively new I can keep up with it. I tried to keep up with the Sonic stories, but man, it's hard to keep up with 200+ issues and I started collecting it when there was already 175+ out. I wonder what they are going to do with the story... keep it true to the games or try something completely new?

Discuss...

Woah! :blink: I didn't see this one coming at all! It looks like I may go to ToyWiz to check it out. I might even buy it! Imagine if they do a MegaMan and Sonic crossover comic. That'd be badass. B)

So yeah, I've been pretty excited about this for a while. I like what I've heard about Ian Flynn's recent run on the Sonic comic, but there's just too much continuity there for me to get into that series at this point. I'm not quite as much of a Mega Man fan as I am a Sonic fan, but the opportunity to get on board for a brand-new comic is a little too much for me to resist.

I think that the Mega Man series' simple plots and straightforward continuity should provide some excellent opportunities for the comic to spread its creative wings and come up with some fun side-stories and expansions on what was originally there. I'm also quite glad that this is based on the classic series and not X or any of its successors. I don't have a problem with X, Zero or ZX, per se, but I'm just not as interested in them as I am in the classic series or Legends. I've enjoyed every game from the X lineage that I've played, but I just find them too serious to really get into. I like my Mega Man cute, thanks very much. Mind you, I'd probably snap up an X spin-off comic in a heartbeat anyway.

I may very well have to subscribe for this. Since it (apparently) comes out after my birthday, I might be able to.

I'd be more excited for this if it wasn't by Archie.

Well, I'll get the first issue at least. Not too confident on how they'll handle it, though. If it does turn out good, then maybe I can actually start collecting these.

And it's still depressing to see that all Spaz's artwork ever amounts to these days is copying other styles.

• Thumbs Up 1

While maybe not the ideal choice of Comic corp for the job. At least theres more of chance here that the comic isn't going to abruptly end like Dreamworks version did. I'm interested long as the art matched the cover art to some degree, cute Megaman and Roll will make me squee.

At least theres more of chance here that the comic isn't going to abruptly end like Dreamworks version did.

Dreamworks made a Megaman comic?! :blink: Or is it some company that shares the same name?

Anyway, looks interesting. I'll have to check it out when it's released.

Dreamworks made a Megaman comic?! :blink: Or is it some company that shares the same name?

Anyway, looks interesting. I'll have to check it out when it's released.

Actually, it was Dreamwave, not Dreamworks, I'm pretty sure the company went out of buisness after 3-4 issues of the MM comic were released. Sadly, they were also previewing a MMX comic in the last released issue that never saw the light of day.

And the less said about that hilariously bad Brazillian comic, the better.

Oh GOD, I was just reading a review about that crap a few seconds ago. What the heck were they thinking?!

OH yeah, I forgot about this. I heard about this back in October at Comic Con. Flynn said he's going to try to stay as close to the source material as possible, and not deviate like Sonic did.

Ian Flynn no doubt has done well for the Sonic comics, but he entered as a Sonic writer from the world of fancomics. We'll see what he does differently from Sonic. One complaint of mine with Flynn is that it feels like he's talking through characters sometimes, and his long arcs don't come to satisfying finales. We'll see.

I'll probably be satisfied, but that's because I know next to nothing about Mega Man. By the way it's possible Spaz will pencil some of the opening issues.

Surely this is two decades too late? :/

I mean, it's good news and all, but surely the bulk of the target audience for this comic is in their 20s by now?

Okay. If this turns out good, I might actually have to start getting this legally.

However, knowing what Archie did to Sonic... yeah chances are I won't be able to stomach it.

C'mon Megaman Zero comic!

This would be good, if for the fact that I don't see how they could make it worse than the manga unless they actually tried.

Anyway, mildly interested in the MM comic, will wait to see how good it is when it comes out. Though right now, I'm more excited for the recently announced localization of Gigamix, since Ariga's previous MM works were good.

Okay. If this turns out good, I might actually have to start getting this legally.

However, knowing what Archie did to Sonic... yeah chances are I won't be able to stomach it.

Well I talked with the guy at Comic Con, he said he's going to try and stay as true as possible.

This would be good, if for the fact that I don't see how they could make it worse than the manga unless they actually tried.

Amen to that, bro. That japanese comic was terrible on so many levels that it still makes me cringe when I think of it.

But let's talk about this comic, shall we? I don't have great expectation for it, but it can't be Megaman-Zero-Manga bad. Looking forward to it.

Personally I'd be more excited for a MM Zero based comic done with the art style from those games more or less.

HOWEVER this makes me happy, though the art I really think could be much better :<. Spaz is great, don't get me wrong, but its the other artist guy they announced I am worried about more than anything. I guess only time will tell

Whats with this so-called horrible mega man zero manga? Any links? On the Archie MM tho, I'm shocked udon doesn't have the rights to it honestly. I mean with street fighter under their belt and everything. It just seems odd that they didn't get Mega...... Cause man they would've colored that comic like GOLD. I only hope Archie can hope to match.

Whats with this so-called horrible mega man zero manga? Any links? On the Archie MM tho, I'm shocked udon doesn't have the rights to it honestly. I mean with street fighter under their belt and everything. It just seems odd that they didn't get Mega...... Cause man they would've colored that comic like GOLD. I only hope Archie can hope to match.

Zero is turned is a huge coward who magically transforms into the real Zero when it is plot convenient. Not even kidding.

Page17FreakOut.jpg

It might not be worth it to go through it on it's own so here's a thread with a humorous overview of it.

Edited by Ekaje

Zero is turned is a huge coward who magically transforms into the real Zero when it is plot convenient. Not even kidding.

Page17FreakOut.jpg

I don't think it's worth it too go through it on it's own so here's a thread with a humorous overview of it.

that little bit is odd in and of itself. I'm gonna check your link out tho. I mean.... can it really be THAT bad??? it's CAPCOM :c

Shame on you capcom......... shame..................

Edited by lamontraccoon

I was planning on getting this, bu tI read in the Archie Sonic thread that international subscriptions are no longer possible -_- So, I guess I won't.