Awoo.

The Hamburger Topic

Mick

There's a pizza topic. Why not a hamburger topic? It's a pretty American food. I'll include a brief history in my own words.

hamburger.jpg

Nobody knows when the hamburger originated. There are several accounts of the hamburger. It is possible that it was invented in Hamburg, Germany, hence the name of the food. Hamburgers were served at the 1904 World's Fair held in St. Louis. If you know your hamburger history, you should know that it was served there. It was a hit and it has become a very popular food ever since.

Does anyone here like hamburgers? Well, duh I'm sure there's going to be several. What do you put on your hamburger? Which places do you think serve the best burgers?

For me it's simple, I like my hamburger plain (w/o cheese) and with ketchup. Maybe I'll have bacon on there. In my opinion, the Mt. Ivy Diner serves the best hamburgers ever. They're much better than McDonald's or any other place. If you ever wanna visit my hometown, you need to try my local diner's hamburger. Basically, it's burger bliss. :P

• Thumbs Up 3

>8o

I was thinking about makin' this!...Ah well. XD

All I really care about is the meat n' cheese, which is why I love Burger King's BK Stacker. It's awesome. 8D

I also love McDonalds' Angus burgers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh man, I forgot about McDonalds' angus burger. That burger is extremely good and it is definitely my favorite item on the McDonald's menu. They're like out of this world. They don't beat the burgers at my local diner though.

I love Burger King's Chicken sandwich..... There's a 2 for the price of 1 deal going on... I wonder if it still is. God dangit I wish I had some cash now!

We should have more food topics around here :> The pizza one is awesome and this one is going to be as well. And I love talking about food <3

My favourite burger in the world is McDonalds Big Tasty with Bacon. Everything about it is wonderful. The burger is substantial and delicious, the emmental slice has a mild taste distinct from the typical processed cheese slices they use on other burgers, the bacon adds more flavor and the sauce is just...wow. If only they served that seperately so you can dip your fries into it... the salad tops it all off.

On the topic of "burgers", I also love Nando's Portobello and Halloumi burger. They put a huge Portobello mushroom and a thick slice of grilled Halloumi cheese into a bun. This burger is worth forsaking their chicken for even considering how lovely Nando's chicken is. I just love the firmness of the Halloumi and the 'meatiness' of the mushroom. The other Nando's burger I typically order is the chicken breast one with the mayo but Nando's tend to cook the chicken fillet on the same area where their spicy marinated chicken is cooked, so the fillet tends to pick up some of the marinade and I don't exactly like that <_<

Fuddruckers.

Go there. Your choice of 1/4 pound, 1/3 pound, 1/2 pound, or 1 pound of meat. Choose cheese. Take burger to stand. Fill up with as much extra food as possible.

Get addicted. Next day.

Repeat.

(oh and any burger from Johnny Rocket's is pretty good too, but if I had to go for "traditional" fast food it'd be In-N-Out hands down. Thousand Island dressing makes everything so much better.)

I remember having a burger at Fuddrucker's back in the 1990's. Those burgers are frickin' huge! I couldn't finish it. I probably couldn't even finish one in the 2010's. :blink:

The trick to finishing a colossal burger is to not eat/drink anything beforehand (For example; if they get you your drink and/ or any appetizers,) and to take bites as big as possible. (but not more than you can chew of course.) This usually works for me, and I usually have just a little room for dessert afterwards.

Now I want a Burger.

Edited by Inferno

Hungry Jack's (Or Burger King's) Angry Angus burger. Bacon, cheese, barbecue sauce.

slobbering-homer.thumbnail.jpg

Aside from that, I'm not exactly picky when it comes to burgers.

I NEED A BURGER I THINK I WAS THE ONE WHO STARTED CRAVINGS IN THE SSMB

Gotta love that truffle bonemarrow burger at Elbert's. Beats the ShakeShack or Five Guys at anytime, but all three of them are burger goddesses.

Edited by Hayntie

227313-granose-meat-free-burger-mix-174g.jpg

If you're a veggie serving to meat eaters or, like me, a veggie who's doing it for the ethics and still misses the beautiful beautiful taste/texture of the real thing, this shit is the bomb. You have to make them yourself but it's so worth it. Vegan too.

I wish more places like McDonalds and Burger King would just do their normal burgers but with fake meat instead of the real thing. McDonalds only has a crappy spicy veggie sub thing (that you have to wait to have made and it is not worth the wait), and Burger King just has a beanburger. Beanburgers are really boring.

There's an awesome burger takeaway in Bath called Schwartz Bros who do almost all their burgers as veggie versions too using fake beef patties, fake chicken patties, and fake bacon rashers, it's awesome.

As for how I like MY home-made burgers, I have them with either a standard lettuce, ketchup, american mustard and plastic cheese slice, or if I'm feeling fancy I might have cream cheese, red pepper relish, and alfalfa or spinach. And it's GOTTA be a seasame seed bun. I cannot believe how hard to find those can be at supermarkets in the summer.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

Eh, I usually ain't picky when it comes to burgers. When I was a kid, I liked 'em dry, with just cheese. Now, I'm a bit more adventurous. One of my favorite chains that sells burgers is, by far, Red Robin. I'm not the biggest fan of a lot of the items on their menu, but their burgers, fries, and endless drinks are just epic. They got burgers with pineapple, burgers with eggs on them, burgers with blue cheese and onions.... all very delicious. My favorite would probably be the bacon guacamole burger. I'm a sucker for guacamole as it is, and it's on a bacon cheeseburger no less! Come on, what's better than that? :P

HOLY FUCK :blink:, and I thought I was the only one(granted, you didn't say you're picky like I unfortunately am, but I'm glad someone else has the same taste in burgers)!

I'm picky when it comes to foods, but the hamburger is one of the delicacies that I always can enjoy. My favorite burgers are either homemade or Five-guys and fries( their fries certainly do help). Unluckily for me though, the nearest restaurants are far away on the busiest roads in town...but it's very satisfying whenever I go to a place. Despite all of my travels around the states, I haven't seen a Mt. Ivy Dinner, so it sucks to think of what I'm missing out on.

Also, just to make sure we aren't lost brothers, how is your luck when ordering that kind of burger? A third of the time, I just get everything plus more on it, despite what I think is hammering in my order too precisely...

Most of the time they get the order right. One time I went to White Castle and I got everything on it. Well I didn't mind it and I thought it was good.

Mmm, I love a good burger. My personal favorite place for them around town is a restaurant called The Village Tavern which opened a few years ago. They have one with mustard, pepper, lettuce and onion, and it's godly. As for my usual toppings it's cheese of course, ketchup, lettuce and onion. Anything else just ruins the burger. Especially tomatoes; I can never understand why people like to put tomatoes on burgers. Their texture and juice just don't go well with everything else. I also love smokehouse/steakhouse/barbecue/western burgers (whatever you want to call it since they're pretty much exactly the same) Onions or onion rings, barbecue sauce, jalapenos, bacon... I'm getting hungry thinking about it. I always feel like an unhealthy pig eating them so I don't often, but man is it a treat when I do.

I suppose I'll throw in my opinion on Mickey D's burgers: Revolting, disgusting crap. They're seriously the worst-tasting burgers I've ever had the displeasure of tasting. Burger King is alright I suppose but far from good. Wendy's is the best of the big three chains. I enjoy White Castle too. Never had the chance to try In-N-Out, though, sadly, since I hear that's the best.

Oh! And I can't believe I forgot the best burger ever. They had it at Applebee's but I'm not sure if it's still around (It became a pretty terrible restaurant a few years ago and I haven't been since) It was a burger with mozzarella cheese, pesto, bruschetta, on focaccia bread. It's unbelievable. If you like that stuff you should definitely try it.

Best food ever made.

I'm more fond of homemade burgers. Shit's delicious as hell when done properly and I could eat one everyday if I had to. Very experimental with my stuff, but it always ends up exciting. It's the kind of food that never gets old cause you've got so many ways of trying it with.

Fast food burgers are nice and all but not exactly my favorite. I will attest though that at my Vegas road trip when I was in America, I ate a bunch of burgers at all sorts of joints, the stuff they make in the restaurants and some truck stops are way better than what you'd come to expect from places like Burger King, then again theirs are usually always homemade style and not fast food. Not to mention these places actually make their bacon properly. Best bought burger I had was somewhere at a county in Missouri. I'll probably never be able to have one again but goddamn was it fulfilling.

If I'd have to pick out of the more known fastfood chains though I'd probably go with Wendy's. White Castle is nice too granted you buy a proper meal. Burger King had way better quality in America than in Sweden, so that was an okay joint. As for McDonalds, no thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm more fond of homemade burgers. Shit's delicious as hell when done properly and I could eat one everyday if I had to. Very experimental with my stuff, but it always ends up exciting. It's the kind of food that never gets old cause you've got so many ways of trying it with.

This. Dollar for dollar, homemade > restaurant burgers hands-down. Even if Red Robin is said restaurant. Gawd, those are delicious.

:lol:

I like to make them. Also, a homemade burguer is more healthy than the ones from fast-food stores (but who can resist to go to a Mc or BK?). The burguer + cheddar + letucce + bread w/ sesame seeds.... :wub:

Fuddruckers.

Go there. Your choice of 1/4 pound, 1/3 pound, 1/2 pound, or 1 pound of meat. Choose cheese. Take burger to stand. Fill up with as much extra food as possible.

Get addicted. Next day.

Repeat.

This! Fuddruckers makes fantastic hamburgers (coincidentally enough I just had one last weekend).

The other regular resturant buger I loved was Ruby Tuesdays prime rib burger. I don't know what they did, but it was one of the best tasting burgers I've ever had! My favorite fast food burgers are McDonald's and Burger Kind (although I usually don't eat fast food often in general).

When I have a burger, I usually like to have it with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, and ketchup.

I forgot to mention, I like my burgers with Swiss or Mozzarella, with caramelized or fried onions and bacon.

No seriously. Who doesn't like bacon (fake or real, no Canadian) on a burger?

• 1 month later...

I know. Bacon enhances every damn thing it's on because IT'S BACON!! :D

Fixed. :D

Anyway, BURGERS! The tastier, the better! I don't mind the typical McDonald's or Burger King, but some of my favorite burgers came from two places: Relish and Five Guys. Five Guys because they at an comfortable size. (Not to small to where you feel like you're getting cheated, yet not to big to where the burger looks like it's eating you instead of visa versa. (Don't make me pull out the Heart Attack Grille picture again...) The burgers come from single to triple. Cheese and bacon is optional (I usually get the double with bacon and cheese.) The taste was awesome and they are very juicy burgers. You can also get a side of fries, and you get peanuts for free!

Relish is the champ though! At Relish, it's basically a mix between Five Guys and Subway. FiveGuys because they do basically everything I mention above, sans peanuts. Subway because they make it right in front of you. (No special sauce, A.K.A. spit, in your burger at that place!) Plus, the topping and sauce choices are insane for your typical burger joint!

117.jpg

Dat Menu!(LOOK AT IT!)

The last one I had was a double with bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, jalapenos, pineapple(They ARE good on a burger!), sprouts, black olives, hummus, mayo, spicy mustard, horseradish sauce and mango habanero relish. What? I felt a little adventurous that day. :V Tasted pretty good.

And no...

RestroomMen.png

This didn't happen five seconds after I was finished... Shut up.

Speaking of adventurous, in a somewhat small sense of it, I also ate a buffalo burger before. I HIGHLY recommend it. Buffalo taste just like regular beef except it's much more tender and healthier than cow. I guarantee you that if you were to eat one, and if no one were to tell you, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Also, veggie burgers! They don't taste exactly like beef, but I don't care! They're delicious!